[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10646 posts
2871 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 24th, 2012 9:39 pm
Wow ceredon.. Never knew there was something like that..
Yup. Go to page 1. Everyone here has used them at least a few times.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1317 posts
374 upvotes
Calgary
I tried twice, and got nothing, they just skated around it.

I also got my plan, the guy seemed really informed and enthusiastic about his job, nice to see for once.

200 anytime mins + 100 int'l LD
my10
6gb lte(no tethering, apparently this isnt eligible for it?)
unlimited canada wide messaging
E&W from 6pm
CID and VM
=$59.84 with taxes.

$10 discount was applied over 3 years.
Jul 21, 2012
15 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
ceredon wrote:
Jul 24th, 2012 9:48 pm
Yup. Go to page 1. Everyone here has used them at least a few times.
I don't know why I'm so skeptical about it. I have a feeling that 99% of the reps are not aware of this, just like the 6gb LTE shared data, that I cant seem to get my hands on.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3466 posts
2114 upvotes
Toronto and London
So is this a running joke atm? The so called magic words lol? I doubt using words such as hocus pocus works but maybe I'm out of the loop but srsly how can anyone muster up a serious tone while using those words?
Jan 20, 2009
491 posts
7 upvotes
Ontario
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 25th, 2012 1:49 am
So is this a running joke atm? The so called magic words lol? I doubt using words such as hocus pocus works but maybe I'm out of the loop but srsly how can anyone muster up a serious tone while using those words?
It's called "practice".
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10646 posts
2871 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
DDAYF50 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2012 11:15 pm
I don't know why I'm so skeptical about it. I have a feeling that 99% of the reps are not aware of this, just like the 6gb LTE shared data, that I cant seem to get my hands on.
That's the good part. Even if you get a newbie rep, they still have to abide by the rules. If they are totally clueless, ask to speak to a manager.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Jul 16, 2008
130 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
hi everyone. Been following this thread for a while and just today renewed my contract. Not sure if its the *best* but seeing what others are getting is not bad. I did not go the cancel route but talked first with a CSR and told him I was a happy customer (which I am) and looking to renew and was called by their customer relations department a few weeks back (who offered bonus minutes and discounts) to renew and move to new cancellation policy - which was true. I told him I wanted the 6GB plan and keep the price point the same so let's work together to figure something out. He went away for a few minutes and told me he could add bonus minutes but not handle any discounts. At that point he offered to transfer me to Customer Relations who can do that :)

Now with customer relations, we just worked out the following deal:

(1) 6GB Super Plan $60.00
•6 GB of data
•Unlimited Canada-wide MY10 calling
•Unlimited messaging (Canada)
•Unlimited 6PM evening & weekend calling
•200 weekday minutes
(2) Android Value Pack $16.79
- Call Display With Name Display
- Visual Voicemail Plus
- Rogers Anyplace TV Live + On Demand (won't use this as has hidden extra $5 fee per month)
- Unlimited US & International Text Messages
(3) 3yr $10 discount -$10.00
* No other fee added as SAF and Gov Fee are no longer charged.

Total per month is $66.79 + tax. Renewed for 3yrs. Will confirm on first bill :)

Hopefully in the future they will offer discounts on the value pack so will try to jump on that to further reduce the bill.
Mar 18, 2008
460 posts
117 upvotes
DancingKnight wrote:
Jul 25th, 2012 12:06 pm
hi everyone. Been following this thread for a while and just today renewed my contract. Not sure if its the *best* but seeing what others are getting is not bad. I did not go the cancel route but talked first with a CSR and told him I was a happy customer (which I am) and looking to renew and was called by their customer relations department a few weeks back (who offered bonus minutes and discounts) to renew and move to new cancellation policy - which was true. I told him I wanted the 6GB plan and keep the price point the same so let's work together to figure something out. He went away for a few minutes and told me he could add bonus minutes but not handle any discounts. At that point he offered to transfer me to Customer Relations who can do that :)

Now with customer relations, we just worked out the following deal:

(1) 6GB Super Plan $60.00
•6 GB of data
•Unlimited Canada-wide MY10 calling
•Unlimited messaging (Canada)
•Unlimited 6PM evening & weekend calling
•200 weekday minutes
(2) Android Value Pack $16.79
- Call Display With Name Display
- Visual Voicemail Plus
- Rogers Anyplace TV Live + On Demand (won't use this as has hidden extra $5 fee per month)
- Unlimited US & International Text Messages
(3) 3yr $10 discount -$10.00
* No other fee added as SAF and Gov Fee are no longer charged.

Total per month is $66.79 + tax. Renewed for 3yrs. Will confirm on first bill :)

Hopefully in the future they will offer discounts on the value pack so will try to jump on that to further reduce the bill.
Sorry bro but looks like Rogers *****ed another customer again.
Oct 17, 2007
937 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
DDAYF50 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2012 11:15 pm
wow

:facepalm:
Dec 27, 2006
205 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Called in just now and got this:

$60 SuperPlan
-10$ discount
-10% Bundle (which I already had). $45 total.

+ 7 Mini-VM (don't really use it much anyways) and CD.

total is $52 plus tax.
Jan 18, 2008
447 posts
30 upvotes
My contract's been up for about 3 months now and i still have the 17.50 deal with 200 minutes+unlimited evenings and weekends. I have a full priced value pack for texts and such but now i want to work on renewing my contract or moving to a new provider (wind). Is it reasonable to get 1GB + my original 17.50 plan (or better if there is) + a value pack for texting/cid/vm for ~40-45? I would be getting a new phone with it so i dunno if that makes a difference in terms of negotiating. They've been bombarding me with texts/emails/calls about "loyalty has its price" ***** etc....
Jan 15, 2008
220 posts
73 upvotes
My contract has just expired and I just tried to call in to see if I could get my credits extended/renewed, I wasn't expecting much and thats pretty much what I got. I had $20 in credits expire and was offered $10 for renewing for one year. I'm pretty sure I will be porting out to Koodo for the $60 plan as I do need the long distance minutes. I will give rogers a couple more chances to give me something worthwhile though, as I'm not crazy about paying ~$67 at Koodo after tax
Apr 21, 2010
231 posts
19 upvotes
DaveTO wrote:
Jul 25th, 2012 5:39 pm
Called in just now and got this:

$60 SuperPlan
-10$ discount
-10% Bundle (which I already had). $45 total.

+ 7 Mini-VM (don't really use it much anyways) and CD.

total is $52 plus tax.

Just got the same thing OR a -15 credit (for the full 3 years) but on the older $63 plan (identical to super plan but only 1gb) ... $2 difference due to it being 63 vs 60 lol
Aug 26, 2008
711 posts
264 upvotes
Montreal
I got tired of wasting time on this (and the miserable battery life of my unlocked HTC 'Desire Z' after the last Bell system update) so accepted a customer relations offer.

6GB LTE Super plan with 200 minutes, plus 100 bonus minutes (originally offered 500 minutes but the system didn't accept it), Value pak with voice mail, call display, 100 international texts, plus 100 minutes Canadian long distance, $15 discount for the 36 month term. Possibly free network calling, that was unclear.

$57.29 a month plus tax. I went for an upgrade to a 16GB Galaxy S III for $209 - $50 + $35 admin fee.

The call was disconnected (twice, but the first time the rep called me back) so I'm hoping there won't be any problems. I'm ok with what I arrived at, especially if voip services work well, cause I'd really like to move to only caring about internet traffic instead of all this sms/local/long distance stuff.

Anyone else amazed at how complicated and time consuming this process is? Due to disconnects, I had two people working on this over almost two hours (I'd called back 20 minutes after the second disconnect but it turned out the first person was still toiling away), they were doing all kinds of searches and consultations the whole time.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

patriots