Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Aug 28, 2007
678 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
What time does retentions close on Saturday and Sundays?
Apr 21, 2010
231 posts
19 upvotes
I have the exact same plan as you but the -15 credit for all 3 years. I was told the same thing the first btw i.e. it can only be offered for 1 year. Just keep trying !
Jan 3, 2012
157 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
rubin303 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2012 4:02 pm
Can you just talk to the regular customer representative to get the credit?

Also, what is the maximum monthly credit?
I customer relations rep told me it's $15 max credit!
Jun 21, 2009
454 posts
38 upvotes
taal wrote:
Aug 4th, 2012 9:18 pm
I have the exact same plan as you but the -15 credit for all 3 years. I was told the same thing the first btw i.e. it can only be offered for 1 year. Just keep trying !
Thanks. Just curious, did you get a phone with the phone?
Jan 3, 2012
157 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Kouyo wrote:
Aug 4th, 2012 7:38 pm
Just had a really frustrating experience with Rogers. Call 3 times to renew my contract with them, first two calls died in the middle. Anyways, when I was talking to the 3rd rep, apparently the 2nd rep had already finalized the plan for me. Which I didn't mind until I found the credits given to me was only for 1 year, not 3 years as I was promised several days ago. The 3rd rep transferred me to someone in Customer Relations where he explained they're not supposed to give credits for 3 years anymore. Definitely a miscommunication here, the note said credit for one year but previous rep whom I negotiated with said 3 years verbally.

The customer relations rep would not extend the duration of the credits for me and he said another rep wouldn't be able to as well. I asked him to explain the situation to a manager and note it down on my account. The call ended with him stating if he doesn't get back in 60 seconds (to talk with a manager) I would be placed in the queue again. And the conversation ended there.

If the first two calls didn't died out I may have been to prevent signing up a new contract. If I went back to my old plan (voice only) from the new plan (voice + data), its $100 cancellation fees and I lose half my previous credits.

Luckily I didn't do a HUP yet. I guess I'm okay for another year though I had prefer to sign for 3 years with 3 years credit and call it a day. Very stressful to talk with Rogers. I guess if I stay with Rogers its now $12.50 to cancel compared to before.

New plan details (unless they messed up which I won't see until my first bill)
- $60 Super Plan
- $7 Mini VM/CID
- $15 credits (expire Aug 4, 2013)

52$ + tax
It's very difficult that new rep changed something that another rep did, but don't worry, I had similar experience like you, it depends how lucky are you, because depends of the rep. In your case, probably they will tell you to call back in one year to extend your credits.. I recommend to said that you are looking to HUP ONLY if they extend your credits nowww! if not they will lose a customer try it.. Good luck!
Jun 21, 2009
454 posts
38 upvotes
Thanks for the suggestion :) I will try it when I do a HUP I guess.. but that will be in September which is okay with me ^^
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1144 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
Sharing my story extending credits, which just happened last weekend.

Short version:
I was 6months to ending a 3 year contract, and after lots of fights with rogers rep (all the way to relations manager), I am now able to renew my 3 year term effective immediately while extending all my credits. I'm sure this plan is just decent and definitely not the best plans in two years ago standards. But I've read that retentions has gotten a lot tougher nowadays. So I thought I should share my experience.

200 weekday, unlimited after 6pm and w.e., call display, vm, 2500 sent text, 6gig LTE = $40+tax
Samsung S3 for ($159+tax)-$50 rebate
waived Early HUP fee and admin fee.

Long version:
I was planning to go to Wind since I kinda wanted the S3 and the $29 plan is pretty tempting. Moreover I know Rogers is currently promoting the 6gb super plan and I've read from the forums that Rogers has hard to negotiate nowadays, they will try to sell the $60 plan, max credits are $15, and they will give you credits only if your plan is over $50. I thought, I'm getting tired of negotiating with Rogers every 2-3 years. So, I called them the 1st time to enquiry what my early termination fee is, and then proceed to asked her is it possible to extend my credits for another 3 years if I'm willing to sign a 3 year contract (just for the sake of last ditch effort to keep me with them). (my plan details is in Short version above)

After waiting for a bit (for her to go through her "list" of codes), to my surprise she said it could be done keeping everything (service and credits) the same for another 3 years, applying up to $15 credits to my account, plus currently there's a promo waiving admin fee and early hardware upgrade fee. The only extra thing I've asked for was moving 3G 6gig data to LTE 6gig data - and she said this could be done as well. So, I asked for sometime to think about the offer and will call back the next day. She gave me 24 hours to think (expires in 24hours) and also given me an interaction ID.

After consulting with my friend, I've decided to accept the offer and called back in less than 30 minutes. I called back and quoted the Interaction ID to the 2nd rep, who after going through the interaction notes, and said he doesn't have the authority to do what was written in the offer, and he transferred me to a 3rd rep from the customer relations.

The 3rd rep told me something that was completely different than the 1st offer. He said, 6gig LTE plan is no longer available; there will be no extending of 3 years term, I will have to call back in 6months (at the end of my 3year) to renegotiate, but oddly I can still do hardware upgrade (I don't know will the price of the phone works but anyways); if I were to get the S3 I have to pay an early hardware upgrade fee and admin fee. All in all, the only thing he could do is to change my data from 3G to LTE. I was so mad at this point as what Rogers has put me through, initially I was already prepared to leave Rogers then they offered me something to keep me, then they denied it again.

There were so many words exchanged between me and the 3rd rep. He read out the notes in my account and said there was no mentioning of admin fee and early hardware upgrade waive; the 6gig data plan for $30 has expired; the 1st rep probably has misunderstood the notes; it is against Roger's rules for giving me those offer; since the 3G to LTE is part of the notes, then we will honor that (gee thanks. Like LTE will do anything for my 9700 Bold); if I were to talk to the manager I will have to re-negotiate everything again, hinting that I should take his $50 credit offer and case close; I suggested him to pull out the recordings of my conversation with the 1st rep, he said this process will take weeks and I replied will making a formal complaint with CCTS speed up the process? He said we have a department to handle complaints.

At the end nothing worked to make the 3rd rep honour what was offered to me, he just won't budge at all and I was seriously pissed that an offer was given to me and then denying it - and making me accept all the nonsense he was throwing at me. So I asked to speak to his manager, now the 4th rep. The manager asked me what happened and the details to my conversation with the 1st rep. I told him the whole story, how I was given an offer and come back 30minutes afterwards to say its no longer available. Shortly after, he gave me everything the 1st rep has promised me - also suggested to put everything in effective immediately so I don't have to call back and go through this process again if my plan gets messed up. -end of story-

Seriously Rogers. You are an absolute pain to deal all the time!

Sidenote: While picking up my phone from Rogers+ store, I can clearly see a bunch of 6gig for $30 codes still active in their computer's list.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
1348 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
^^ So they gave you what you wanted in the end and they are a pain? Sounds like the 1st rep screwed up, the 3rd paid for it, the manager fixed it and you still think all of that was not worth a sub $50/month plan?...
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2007
1886 posts
92 upvotes
Hamilton
navigator416 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 6:47 am
^^ So they gave you what you wanted in the end and they are a pain? Sounds like the 1st rep screwed up, the 3rd paid for it, the manager fixed it and you still think all of that was not worth a sub $50/month plan?...
Seriously....thats what you took from this post ? This thread is to help each other in dealings with Rogers. :facepalm:
Jul 12, 2007
531 posts
129 upvotes
Ottawa / Gatineau
Humm...
Just to have comments on their offer,
I currently have a basic voice plan, with no data.
250min +6PMUL
VM+CID
2500 txt
±31$ tx incl.

I was offer:
Unlimited network call
Unlimited Txt
CID+VM
45$+tx

Any tought?
Sep 8, 2007
140 posts
Hey guys. I've been out of the loop for some time. So, some help here would be appreciated.

A friend of mine just mentioned to me that he renewed his contract some time early last year with a Blackberry 9700 I believe. Recently, he was telling me that Rogers has slowly started to switch to the "tab" style "contracts" that other providers are doing and offered him to cancel his contract for only 12 bucks? Is this true? He says he still has about a year and half or so left in his contract. I had heard something about how if you've signed up after January 2012 than your eligibile for something of that nature, but didn't know that customers who signed up in 2011 were eligible as well. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Aug 1, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
TimoCruz wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 9:21 am
Hey guys. I've been out of the loop for some time. So, some help here would be appreciated.

A friend of mine just mentioned to me that he renewed his contract some time early last year with a Blackberry 9700 I believe. Recently, he was telling me that Rogers has slowly started to switch to the "tab" style "contracts" that other providers are doing and offered him to cancel his contract for only 12 bucks? Is this true? He says he still has about a year and half or so left in his contract. I had heard something about how if you've signed up after January 2012 than your eligibile for something of that nature, but didn't know that customers who signed up in 2011 were eligible as well. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
For some people whose contracts began before the new cancellation policy came into effect (Jan 22, 2012), I think the system has a glitch and is populating an Economic Inducement of $0, which means you just have to pay a $12.50 Service Deactivation Fee. I still have time left on my contract and I have also been told by a few reps that it will only cost me $12.50 to cancel my contract. Although, when I ask about upgrading, I still have an Early Upgrade Fee because my contract is not over yet. So given that you could cancel for $12.50, you could use that to get them to possibly waive your Early Upgrade Fee :D Or if you don't want to upgrade, you can simply just cancel for $12.50 if that's what you're looking to do. Hope that helps.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5101 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
eeto wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 2:56 am
Sharing my story extending credits, which just happened last weekend.

Short version:
I was 6months to ending a 3 year contract, and after lots of fights with rogers rep (all the way to relations manager), I am now able to renew my 3 year term effective immediately while extending all my credits. I'm sure this plan is just decent and definitely not the best plans in two years ago standards. But I've read that retentions has gotten a lot tougher nowadays. So I thought I should share my experience.

200 weekday, unlimited after 6pm and w.e., call display, vm, 2500 sent text, 6gig LTE = $40+tax
Samsung S3 for ($159+tax)-$50 rebate
waived Early HUP fee and admin fee.

Long version:
I was planning to go to Wind since I kinda wanted the S3 and the $29 plan is pretty tempting. Moreover I know Rogers is currently promoting the 6gb super plan and I've read from the forums that Rogers has hard to negotiate nowadays, they will try to sell the $60 plan, max credits are $15, and they will give you credits only if your plan is over $50. I thought, I'm getting tired of negotiating with Rogers every 2-3 years. So, I called them the 1st time to enquiry what my early termination fee is, and then proceed to asked her is it possible to extend my credits for another 3 years if I'm willing to sign a 3 year contract (just for the sake of last ditch effort to keep me with them). (my plan details is in Short version above)

After waiting for a bit (for her to go through her "list" of codes), to my surprise she said it could be done keeping everything (service and credits) the same for another 3 years, applying up to $15 credits to my account, plus currently there's a promo waiving admin fee and early hardware upgrade fee. The only extra thing I've asked for was moving 3G 6gig data to LTE 6gig data - and she said this could be done as well. So, I asked for sometime to think about the offer and will call back the next day. She gave me 24 hours to think (expires in 24hours) and also given me an interaction ID.

After consulting with my friend, I've decided to accept the offer and called back in less than 30 minutes. I called back and quoted the Interaction ID to the 2nd rep, who after going through the interaction notes, and said he doesn't have the authority to do what was written in the offer, and he transferred me to a 3rd rep from the customer relations.

The 3rd rep told me something that was completely different than the 1st offer. He said, 6gig LTE plan is no longer available; there will be no extending of 3 years term, I will have to call back in 6months (at the end of my 3year) to renegotiate, but oddly I can still do hardware upgrade (I don't know will the price of the phone works but anyways); if I were to get the S3 I have to pay an early hardware upgrade fee and admin fee. All in all, the only thing he could do is to change my data from 3G to LTE. I was so mad at this point as what Rogers has put me through, initially I was already prepared to leave Rogers then they offered me something to keep me, then they denied it again.

There were so many words exchanged between me and the 3rd rep. He read out the notes in my account and said there was no mentioning of admin fee and early hardware upgrade waive; the 6gig data plan for $30 has expired; the 1st rep probably has misunderstood the notes; it is against Roger's rules for giving me those offer; since the 3G to LTE is part of the notes, then we will honor that (gee thanks. Like LTE will do anything for my 9700 Bold); if I were to talk to the manager I will have to re-negotiate everything again, hinting that I should take his $50 credit offer and case close; I suggested him to pull out the recordings of my conversation with the 1st rep, he said this process will take weeks and I replied will making a formal complaint with CCTS speed up the process? He said we have a department to handle complaints.

At the end nothing worked to make the 3rd rep honour what was offered to me, he just won't budge at all and I was seriously pissed that an offer was given to me and then denying it - and making me accept all the nonsense he was throwing at me. So I asked to speak to his manager, now the 4th rep. The manager asked me what happened and the details to my conversation with the 1st rep. I told him the whole story, how I was given an offer and come back 30minutes afterwards to say its no longer available. Shortly after, he gave me everything the 1st rep has promised me - also suggested to put everything in effective immediately so I don't have to call back and go through this process again if my plan gets messed up. -end of story-

Seriously Rogers. You are an absolute pain to deal all the time!

Sidenote: While picking up my phone from Rogers+ store, I can clearly see a bunch of 6gig for $30 codes still active in their computer's list.
Thanks for all the details.

You are very fortunate to have that kind of deal locked in for another 3 years with a full HUP and waived ECF.

My contract doesn't end for another year, but what you were offered is what I have now, so I really hope I can get something similar.
Sep 8, 2007
140 posts
ElektrovaporX wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 10:28 am
For some people whose contracts began before the new cancellation policy came into effect (Jan 22, 2012), I think the system has a glitch and is populating an Economic Inducement of $0, which means you just have to pay a $12.50 Service Deactivation Fee. I still have time left on my contract and I have also been told by a few reps that it will only cost me $12.50 to cancel my contract. Although, when I ask about upgrading, I still have an Early Upgrade Fee because my contract is not over yet. So given that you could cancel for $12.50, you could use that to get them to possibly waive your Early Upgrade Fee :D Or if you don't want to upgrade, you can simply just cancel for $12.50 if that's what you're looking to do. Hope that helps.
How would you say I should call in and ask. Long story short this line I am trying to cancel had a good retentions plan but a few months in got audited and the discounts were removed. Now, I've been paying about 65 or so a month and want to switch to wind. I had dealt with the office of the president, but with no resolution.

Would you say I call in and be like a friend has a contract that started around the same time and he told me he was offered 12.50 to cancel his contract. Or should I ask how much is it to cancel my contract at this point.

If so, who should I speak to? Retentions or regular reps?

Thanks in advance
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
1219 posts
2 upvotes
Bah, no matter how I ask or who I talk too, the max credits I can get on this 6gb superplan is $10...Guess i'm waiting for the BTS specials