Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3352 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
Solsearchin1 wrote: You have a really good plan, hold on to it!
Too late. He already cancelled it. He is now trying to come back again with Rogers lol
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
felix wrote: my old Samsung S3 phone was broken, and they could not fix it (was disappointed I just wasted the $50 Costco extended warranty which was useless, I would not purchase it again).
My understanding is that if they can't fix it you get a new phone - and if they didn't fix it you would not have made a claim and can get your money back when the plan expires.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
felix wrote: I just got off the phone with Rogers (sales department, not retentions). I told them how my old Samsung S3 phone was broken, and they could not fix it (was disappointed I just wasted the $50 Costco extended warranty which was useless, I would not purchase it again). I asked if I can get an early hardware upgrade (plan would expire in August).
The Costco extended warranty has nothing to do with Rogers. It is sold by Costco. You should talk to Costco and get it fixed.
Mar 30, 2013
219 posts
158 upvotes
North York
embguy wrote: The Costco extended warranty has nothing to do with Rogers. It is sold by Costco. You should talk to Costco and get it fixed.
Wireless wave will give you new phone. If you dont want it they will give you costco gift card for $50.
If you do not go after what you want, you will never have it.
If you do not ask, the answer will always be no.
If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Stylz68 wrote: I just checked myself too and this is what I have available to me:

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2ntcq60.jpg[/IMG]

Currently I have:
17.50 EPP
5.00 for 1,000 Cdn Long Distance
30.00 for 6 Gigs of data
11.00 Value plan

Comes out to $74 after tax. I never use my minutes unless I'm calling my parents long distance on the weekend. I might send an MMS once in a blue moon so why would I want to upgrade my plan and pay more for essentially the same thing? I get calls from rogers ALL THE TIME trying to get me to upgrade to the $95 6 gb plan, which is funny because the website is telling me I can get it for $85.

And now I have a work phone (5s, 6 gigs, no long distance) too so I'm really not too sure what to do. I don't want to give up my number, but I'm paying $75 a month for a phone I just stream music and text on... I guess there are worse situations you could be in but still...
same here....how did some other guy get offer of 70 bucks for 4gb, mine is 110 for 4gb lol
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2144 posts
1789 upvotes
Are these exclusive plans only available with a hardware upgrade? I see no phones that I am interested in and would like to change to the $65 plan with 2GB shown on my account. Called customer relation a few times and they kept saying the plan does not exist.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
mikka1989 wrote: same here....how did some other guy get offer of 70 bucks for 4gb, mine is 110 for 4gb lol
Maybe because I have 4 lines under that account. Who knows how those idiots work?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
May 3, 2015
42 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Finally got a plan that I'm happy with (for the next 12 months).
It's an old plan but they recently gave me unlimited talk and text, so I canceled some of my add-ons and was able to get them to credit me for a year of caller ID ($8 add on).
So basically:

$17.50 base plan (200 mins, evening from 6pm)
BONUS: Unlimited talk and text canada wide
$35 for 6GB of data
$5 credit
$3 some service/govt fee or something

Pretty much $50 + tax now.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1502 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
As an FYI I checked the plans on a hardware upgrade and I am being offered the 8GB plan for 70$!

If I could combine this with the desjardins 10% it would be a decent price given these new rip off plans.

Anyhow I've got a 3GB plan for 40$ till 2016 then my 20$ in monthy credits expire :(
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
Haz wrote: Maybe because I have 4 lines under that account. Who knows how those idiots work?
I have one line and received $70 for 4gb. But, I have internet and cable as well. Not going to bite as I'll wait until my old retention plan expires this fall before I make a move.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
Mad.Whack wrote: As an FYI I checked the plans on a hardware upgrade and I am being offered the 8GB plan for 70$!

If I could combine this with the desjardins 10% it would be a decent price given these new rip off plans.

Anyhow I've got a 3GB plan for 40$ till 2016 then my 20$ in monthy credits expire :(
Just wondering how did you get a 8GB plan for $70 and what does it include? Thanks.
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Jul 7, 2011
28 posts
Just a bunch of questions:
What province are you from?
Are you currently on a 3-year contract?
Are those prices (such as $ 70 for 4 GB) on a new contract or those are BYOD prices? Right now 4 gb plan in Ontario is $ 110. If those are BYOD prices, then you're getting $ 20 off their regular price which would be $ 110-90. But if they are the contract prices then it is a really good deal for someone living in Ontario.
How much is the S6 in cart if you were to select $ 70 4 gb plan?
Did you have to call retention at least once before they were made available to you or they just appeared without making any calls?

My 3-year contract expires in November so I tried calling retention twice for a deal but best they could offer me was $ 75 for 2 GB. After the call, that plan also started appearing in my online account as an exclusive but not the 4 gb one. When I quoted this deal, they said they would never be able to offer 4 gb for $ 70 with a brand new premium smartphone.

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you!
Haz wrote: I was checking how much longer I have on my contract and decided to see what plans are available to me and found this.

[IMG]http://goo.gl/Z6FkWY[/IMG]

Why would anyone take any of the others over the first one? It's not bad considering it includes a subsided premium phone (S6, iPhone 6, etc). As long as the price stays at $70 throughout the term, it's not bad.

Obviously not comparable to SK/MB plans.
Jul 7, 2011
28 posts
He is from Montreal so I believe they offer better plans there because of other competitors.
yoshim wrote: Just wondering how did you get a 8GB plan for $70 and what does it include? Thanks.
Jul 7, 2011
28 posts
What province are you from?
Are you currently on a contract?
Are those prices (such as $ 70 for 4 GB) on a new contract or those are BYOD prices? Right now 4 gb plan in Ontario is $ 110. If those are BYOD prices, then you're getting $ 20 off their regular price which would be $ 110-90. But if they are the contract prices then it is a really good deal for someone living in Ontario.
How much is the S6 in cart if you were to select $ 70 4 gb plan?
Did you have to call retention at least once before they were made available to you or they just appeared without making any calls?

My 3-year contract expires in November so I tried calling retention twice for a deal but best they could offer me was $ 75 for 2 GB. After the call, that plan also started appearing in my online account as an exclusive but not the 4 gb one. When I quoted this deal, they said they would never be able to offer 4 gb for $ 70 with a brand new premium smartphone.

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you!

hvc wrote: I have one line and received $70 for 4gb. But, I have internet and cable as well. Not going to bite as I'll wait until my old retention plan expires this fall before I make a move.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1502 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
FanRaptors wrote: He is from Montreal so I believe they offer better plans there because of other competitors.
That's what I think to though videotron isn't exactly competitive anymore. It could also be because of my 3GB plan. It would be silly to offer me 4GB for double the price. It could also be because I've been with Rogers for about 15 years. Who knows really.

I've been month to month for a while now but extented my credits shortly before 3 year contracts went away. hence why I still have 2+ years of credits left.
Jun 17, 2010
56 posts
19 upvotes
I have the same offer as Haz, but I am in the GTA. This offer is only for HUP only. So you can bring your own phone, or buy a new one outright, but it won't reduce the monthly plan cost. If you add the plan to your cart, you will see that the monthly plan cost does not change regardless of whether you buy the phone outright or take the 2yr reduced term price. I also called in and confirmed with the rep, though she wasn't the most knowledgable. I was hoping to get the $20 BYOD discount on top to bring it to $50 for 4GB, but no dice. I'm ok with this, as I need a new phone, but it sucks that this plan forces you to upgrade, even if you don't want to. Not a big deal I guess, you can upgrade, and resell the phone and come close to re-creating the $20 off.

I was able to add the $70 4GB plan with an iphone 6, but they're not finalizing my order. They claim the $70GB shown in my account is for a 'smartpick' phone, and reflects a $10 credit, it's the $80 plan I need to get for the iphone. Which is bogus, because I was able to add the iphone 6 no problem. However, it does seem odd why they would offer the exact same plan for different costs in the 'exclusive to you' offering, as you can see in Haz's screenshot above. Regardeless, I have an email with a confirm # showing iphone 6 @$350 with 4gb @$70, so we'll see where it goes.

I've been calling the 1888 number (HUP line) shown in myrogers, haven't dealt with retentions (yet).
Jun 1, 2008
345 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Old timers like myself have given up on this retention thing. The whole purpose of retention is to retain the customer from going elsewhere by providing solutions that lower level reps cannot do.

The prudent solution you have is to let your contract die out, pay out the tab (if small tab), or take advantage of the ccts June 3rd date that states all 3 year contracts have to be removed.

If you have multiple lines take advantage of the bring your own device share everything plans and add additional users to it if you have multiple lines. If not when offers like 45 plus tax (Fido and Koodo promotion) come up with 1gb and calling come up. Port over there and call it a day.

Buy your phones used or open box, eg. Moto G (Telus prepaid sells it for. Cheap) or use sites like kijiji, or https://www.getorchard.com to get a good deal on your phones.

I think cell technology hasnt had much change in the last 2-3 years. I still have my iPhone 5, and I feel no lag.

People dig their own graves by living beyond their means and struggle with the stress of debt. If you credit card debt or high student loan, focus on that.

Telcos should bring better options to those bringing their own device and they have stop trying to push people on share plans. Their whole intention is to get you to add a tab device. Toronto is getting poorer by the day but I'm very shocked when I see university kids with the latest iPhones. They dont even have student friendly deals anymore.

Totally disgusted with the current state of the communications industry in Canada.

Rant over. Lol.
Aug 17, 2005
199 posts
1 upvote
unun wrote: Was on a so-so plan for a while now. Got offered 6GB Share plan for $85 plus $0 on an S6 Edge 32GB.

This was back on April 15th. Still no phone. After 5-6 reps finally got someone yesterday who told me all the S6 phones are on backorder and has been since my order was placed. Anyone else order an S6/S6 Edge by phone after April 15th and manage to get it already?
Still no phone.. but the $85 6 gig plan I got just had it's data cap doubled. So $85 for 12GB... Not bad. Anyone else get their data doubled? Any idea for how long this is??

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rgNR3ky.png[/IMG]
May 3, 2015
42 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Whoa!!! How did your data get doubled??? Did you get a text from Rogers saying they were giving this to you as a gift for 12 months?