Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Aug 17, 2005
199 posts
1 upvote
ialeem17 wrote: Whoa!!! How did your data get doubled??? Did you get a text from Rogers saying they were giving this to you as a gift for 12 months?
No messaging from Rogers at all. I just logged on my account today and it's showing 12GB.
Mayoo wrote: How does the share everything plan works ? I am on rogers ( out of contract ) and wife on Telus. Can we port her number into ROgers and get a share everything plan with 2 devices ?
With a share everything plan, the advertised price is what you pay for your first phone line. You can add additional lines to the account, for a fee. These additional lines then all get unlimited talk/text and share the pool of data that your Share everything plan already has. It starts at $35 if you bring your own phone, up to $55 if you want to get a subsidized smartphone like the iPhone6.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6929 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon
unun wrote: No messaging from Rogers at all. I just logged on my account today and it's showing 12GB.

With a share everything plan, the advertised price is what you pay for your first phone line. You can add additional lines to the account, for a fee. These additional lines then all get unlimited talk/text and share the pool of data that your Share everything plan already has. It starts at $35 if you bring your own phone, up to $55 if you want to get a subsidized smartphone like the iPhone6.
Thanks so how much is the "fee" for the additional lines ?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3352 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
Mayoo wrote: Thanks so how much is the "fee" for the additional lines ?
I remember talking to their live representative, she said $20.
Aug 17, 2005
199 posts
1 upvote
Sorry if it wasn't clear. The fee is the prices I outline at the end of my post.

For example, if you were to get the $85 6GB Share Everything plan. You could add on another line for $35/month if you bring your own phone, or $55/month if you want to get a subsidized high end smartphone from Rogers.
Sep 1, 2009
173 posts
12 upvotes
ialeem17 wrote: Whoa!!! How did your data get doubled??? Did you get a text from Rogers saying they were giving this to you as a gift for 12 months?
I got the text. It's for a period of 12 months or until you do a HUP and go onto a Share Everything plan, whichever comes first. At least that was my offer.

I have 500mb and got an extra 1gb
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
Just checked mine and my device balance isn't waived AND there's no plan offers outside of the *****ty regular ones
Aug 17, 2005
199 posts
1 upvote
mike84 wrote: I got the text. It's for a period of 12 months or until you do a HUP and go onto a Share Everything plan, whichever comes first. At least that was my offer.

I have 500mb and got an extra 1gb
Weird. I just did a HUP last month and switched to a share everything plan. And just got the double data as of yesterday. No text or email notice either
Aug 24, 2006
23 posts
2 upvotes
unun wrote: Sorry if it wasn't clear. The fee is the prices I outline at the end of my post.

For example, if you were to get the $85 6GB Share Everything plan. You could add on another line for $35/month if you bring your own phone, or $55/month if you want to get a subsidized high end smartphone from Rogers.
For the additional line that's $35/month, can it be another Rogers user who is not on contract?

TIA
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3352 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
zumishi wrote: For the additional line that's $35/month, can it be another Rogers user who is not on contract?

TIA
Yes? As long as the person will be adding the additional line will bring his own phone.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
Anyone doing renewal soon for new device and wanna sell phone right away ?
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
toyopl wrote: Anyone doing renewal soon for new device and wanna sell phone right away ?
for $600+, yes.
Jan 24, 2015
485 posts
462 upvotes
I'm paying $32 before tax for the following from Rogers

- 200 local daytime minutes
- Unlimited outgoing local calls
- Free E/W after 6pm
- Call Display
- Mini Voicemail
- 50 Sent Canadian Text Messages
- No data

I would like to get my bill down to $30 a month with tax included so about $26.75 per month before taxes. This is a $5.25 decrease in my bill. Is this possible anyone got a better deal than me?

I know I can get unlimited texting with new plans but then I will forego the unlimited local calling feature which I think is worth a lot even though I don't go over 200 minutes.

It would be nice to get some data (300 MB just for email and emergencies). I still don't want to pay more than $33 for this. Anybody have any ideas how I can approach Rogers? Does anyone know the latest retention plans currently being offered?

Lets all try and save some money!
Oct 31, 2010
867 posts
489 upvotes
Ottawa[]/GTA[X]
DoubleJ5 wrote: I'm paying $32 before tax for the following from Rogers

- Free E/W after 6pm
- Call Display
- Mini Voicemail
- No data

I would like to get my bill down to $30 a month with tax included so about $26.75 per month before taxes. This is a $5.25 decrease in my bill. Is this possible anyone got a better deal than me?

I know I can get unlimited texting with new plans but then I will forego the unlimited local calling feature which I think is worth a lot even though I don't go over 200 minutes.

It would be nice to get some data (300 MB just for email and emergencies). I still don't want to pay more than $33 for this. Anybody have any ideas how I can approach Rogers? Does anyone know the latest retention plans currently being offered?

Rogers is definitely not going to work for you if you want to lower your cost and you want data.
Telus: $30 x5 Unlimited 75 CAN/US + VVM + 1000 Int'l LD Mins
Freedom: $30 CAN/US 26.5GB/1GB
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
DoubleJ5 wrote: I'm paying $32 before tax for the following from Rogers

- Free E/W after 6pm
- Call Display
- Mini Voicemail
- No data

Check out Chatr - port your number to them and for $25 you get unlimited province-wide talk and 100 texts, but organise to autopay with a credit card and you'll get a $10 credit for 8 months (which you can only use AFTER the 8 months to pay your bill, but it means that the average price you pay is $10 less than the monthly rate plus the taxes on the larger amount) and add $10/month to the plan you'll get unlimited canadawide calling from anywhere to anywhere and unlimited texts, voicemail, Call display Call waiting Call forwarding and Group calling, but no data (that costs extra). The real drawback is that after you've used up those credits, you will be paying $25 or $35/month moving forward, unless you want to cancel your account and resubscribe to restart the credits.

Because Chatr is owned by Rogers and runs on the Rogers network you won't have to have your phone unlocked.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1275 posts
327 upvotes
princessv wrote: Recently negotiated a BYOP plan with rogers.

1G data
unlimited cdn wide calling
Voicemail
Call display

$55
-$6.6 (from bundle discount)

$48.40 (before tax)

$54.69 (final monthly payment, after tax)

I was also able to get the remaining $25 balance waived from my phone. I really wanted to get everything for $50 before the 12% discount which would be cheaper that Fido's current $45 plan with similar features, but this was the best Rogers offered me.

Is this a decent plan? Should I remain with Rogers or switch to Fido's $45 plan? The only difference is that Fido doesn't offer voice mail and I would have to pay an additional $50 to Rogers to unlock my phone before switching to Fido.

Please let me know if you have a similar or better plan! Any advice is much appreciated :lol:
When did you get this plan with Rogers? I was offered it back in February but my device balance was too high for them to waive. Now that my device balance is lower, I told them I wanted to accept their offer of $55 - 12% better choice bundle discount = $48.60 and they said the price has gone up to $60 or $65 (can't remember which one). I said forget it and signed up with Koodo but haven't cancelled my rogers line yet as I'm waiting for the June 3rd CRTC rule to kick in. If I'm able to get this plan, I'd rather just stay with Rogers. Also, was this plan offered to you through retentions and when and does it come with basic or enhanced voicemail? Thank you!
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1304 posts
562 upvotes
the 6ix
Haven't been on this thread in a while but I currently have the Unlimited Canada-Wide Plan with 3GB of data, VVM, Caller ID, 100 US & International Texts for $50.85 with taxes and fees. I fall into the category of those old 3 year plans coming to an end in a few weeks. I looked back about 10 pages and see that people are receiving personal Share Everything plans. I looked myself and got offered:

$100 for Unlimited text,calls, etc & 8GB of Data
$95 for Unlimited text,calls, etc & 6GB of Data

The rest aren't even worth mentioning. Anyone have any luck with leveraging these plans to get a monthly discount or are those gone? I currently have a $20 and $15 discount on my plans but I believe they will expire in December (need to verify).
May 17, 2015
2 posts
North York, ON
Hey guys,

Just wondering what I should do. I want to upgrade my phone but Rogers says that my phone plan is too cheap and that I need to upgrade. I'm currently paying $59.89 for:

6GB Super Plan
-Early evening calling from 6PM
-Unlimited local calling bonus (doesn't ever expire because I called retentions about a year ago and there was a guy that did this for me so I would stay)
-200 weekday minutes
-Unlimited evenings & e\weekends
-Unlimited text, picture, and video messaging in Canada
-My 10 Canada-wide talk & text
-Mini voicemail/call display ($8/m)

All with a monthly discount of $15 which will expire in July of 2016. My contract ends this December of 2015. Should I just buy the phone unlocked at Apple or another retailer? Because this plan no longer exists :(
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1225 posts
192 upvotes
This is such a sad state of our telecommunication sector.

I mean seriously our cell plans are costing almost a $90-$100 a mnth..thats just ridiculous. I just hope people don't cave in and make this a norm for these corporations.

Just calculate how much we spend on cable, internet, home phone and cell service a month, and it is truly pathetic.... We don't even have a choice on cable still....if u want one show, u got to pay for 10 other. If u dont have some sort of a bundle, u are dinged. Everything here so ridiculously over priced. I just hope people start getting smart, and try to refrain from paying these corporation.....

Things need to change..
$52.xx all in..
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1304 posts
562 upvotes
the 6ix
theplayground wrote: This is such a sad state of our telecommunication sector.

I mean seriously our cell plans are costing almost a $90-$100 a mnth..thats just ridiculous. I just hope people don't cave in and make this a norm for these corporations.

Just calculate how much we spend on cable, internet, home phone and cell service a month, and it is truly pathetic.... We don't even have a choice on cable still....if u want one show, u got to pay for 10 other. If u dont have some sort of a bundle, u are dinged. Everything here so ridiculously over priced. I just hope people start getting smart, and try to refrain from paying these corporation.....

Things need to change..
How?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1304 posts
562 upvotes
the 6ix
johnnyh14 wrote: Hey guys,

Just wondering what I should do. I want to upgrade my phone but Rogers says that my phone plan is too cheap and that I need to upgrade. I'm currently paying $59.89 for:

6GB Super Plan
-Early evening calling from 6PM
-Unlimited local calling bonus (doesn't ever expire because I called retentions about a year ago and there was a guy that did this for me so I would stay)
-200 weekday minutes
-Unlimited evenings & e\weekends
-Unlimited text, picture, and video messaging in Canada
-My 10 Canada-wide talk & text
-Mini voicemail/call display ($8/m)

All with a monthly discount of $15 which will expire in July of 2016. My contract ends this December of 2015. Should I just buy the phone unlocked at Apple or another retailer? Because this plan no longer exists :(
Honestly, keep your current plan until the monthly discount expires in July 2016. You won't get anything better and its very rare for them to allow an upgrade with anything under $70 pretax now. If you really need a phone then I would even consider buying it outright as they will force you to move off your current plan.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)