Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 5, 2009
231 posts
46 upvotes
Can you break down the $54.39? Is it after or before 15% bundle discount?
Dazman wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 12:32 pm
My head hurts!

Why did my plan change from 6GB to 1GB, because I was never informed the $15.00 discount on the 6GB was only valid for 1 yr including the 50% VP discount and they would not extend it. I only found it by going to My Rogers.

So after threatening to cancel all my services, 2 x wireless phones, internet, tv and land line this is what they gave me. I was seriously considering leaving Rogers because at no time did anyone tell me the 6GB and VP discount were only being discounted for 1 yr. I spent so much time on the phone in order to get the plan below which is frustrating.

Price $54.39 before tax.
Jun 28, 2009
54 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
Before. I can't complain, what has me frustrated is not being told up front how long discounts are in effect.
mdfaisal wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 12:38 pm
Can you break down the $54.39? Is it after or before 15% bundle discount?
Nov 30, 2011
9 posts
jaleong wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 9:43 am
If true all the 3G data plans for rogers will be changed over to LTE as long as you have a LTE device... I think there is some discussion in this thread http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-3 ... 1195544/3/

I gotta get to work so I can't really look more deeply into it for you!

btw, I'm glad you have had a couple of good experiences with reps recently! I certainly have not! I'm not sure what to do with my reserved iPhone 5 anymore, it seems like such a waste cancelling it!
That's what the girl I signed the contract with said. At first she told me she'd put me on 3G and I needed to call them back to switch for LTE(free of charge)once I receive the iphone5 because their system was showing I was using some really old cellphone and it didn't support LTE. I then told her I was actually using a iphone 4 which I bought myself and she changed it to LTE right away although i4 doesn't support LTE either.She CONFIRMED with me I no longer needed to call back to change it to LTE as it was ALREADY done. But when I called back this morning they told me I was still on 3G and LTE was $60 instead of $30...The good thing was this guy gave me unlimited incoming call for free for 3 yrs without me asking for it.I was asking the other girl so hard for it and it sounded like there was definitely no way she could do that. That's why I said rogers is really confusing now and every rep tells different story.GOOD PLANS(well not as good as before for sure)STILL EXISTS,YOU JUST NEED TO TALK TO THE RIGHT GUY.

At least I had the rest of the plan settled and confirmed for 3yrs,a breakdown of my plan after confirming with another rep one more time:

+$32 Voice plan(200mins/wk/6pm/txtmess/my5)
-$15 Credit
+$30 6GB data plan
+$7 Call display/Voicemail
+$10 Unlimited incoming call
-$10 Credit
+$10 250 bonus weekday mins
-$10 Credit

A total of $54 before taxes with $35 credit,I'm quite happy with it.

As for the bonus weekday minutes,you can just ask them after you think you find the right plan,it's no big deal for them to give you some I find.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1491 posts
403 upvotes
Finally had a rep actually be useful for once. Maybe the first time in years. I asked to see if I could renew my contract for security purposes (already reserved my IP5 but didn't mention it). My old plan:

200 mins
100 bonus
5pm ee/unlimited we
unlimited incoming
R2R
100 LD
6GB
CID/VM/2500 sms

for $54.63+tax

He let me renew the same exact plan for $53.00+tax. He also brought my early HUP fee down from $156 to $117. My plan doesn't show it as that on myRogers right now, and I'm almost certain he screwed something up, but that's for another day. I got the reference number and I'm happy for now.
Sep 4, 2012
74 posts
1 upvote
NEPEAN
Stylz68 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2012 8:42 pm
Yep, yesterday to a blue Galaxy S3 32gb. All fees waived. Upgraded data from 500mb to 6gb, current price point is 47.xx + tax.
How much were you paying for 500mb?
Apr 14, 2008
244 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
AllanN wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 4:06 pm
How much were you paying for 500mb?
37.xx but I just had a $5 credit expire at the same time as the data upgrade.
Jan 8, 2011
15 posts
Hamilton
Hi, I just got off the phone with retentions; after an excruciatingly long negotiation, they offered me this:

- 200 Daytime
- ev/wk 6pm
- My10 Canada wide
- unlimited text
- 6 GB LTE
- Visual Voice Mail
- Caller ID
- Name Display

51/month before taxes. The only caveat is that I have to upgrade my phone, paying 160 dollars for an early upgrade, the 180 dollars for a new iphone 5 and the 35 dollar HUP fee. Thoughts?
Sep 4, 2012
74 posts
1 upvote
NEPEAN
Stylz68 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 4:31 pm
37.xx but I just had a $5 credit expire at the same time as the data upgrade.
So if i get a 500mb addon and a $5 credit (sure i could get $10) will they let me upgrade to an iphone 5 as im on a voice and text plan right now
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2833 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
If I'm two years into my 3 year plan (ends oct 2013) and I have a good plan now ($54 after tax, 6gb, 400 mins, 6pm, cd/vm, sms/mms, 100ld can, etc) but my credits expire next year when my plan is supposed to end (oct 2013).
Can I keep my existing plan, re-sign on for another 3 years from today (end sept 2015) and get a new phone. And in a year before my credits expire phone in to change my plan?

Would changing my plan essentially force me to resign again next year? (ending my plan in Sept 2016) If so how would that work with the remaining flextab on the phone I'd get today? Would it run to $0 after 3 years (sept 2015), even though my plan was extended to sept 2016
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
1306 posts
123 upvotes
Calgary
Hey guys,

When I first went from my old Motorolla Razer to an iPhone 3Gs I could have sworn that Rogers offered to wave the Activation Fee AND also take like $100 off the price of the phone with a 3 year contract. So say it was $299 with a 3 year contract it would actually be $199. So my 3 year contract was up before the iPhone 5 came out so I renewed it with the super plan deal + CID/VM + LD + R2R for like $56 all in. I'm pretty sure I am going to get the activation fee waived but do they still do the whole take money off the phone (like the $100 off etc.)?

Thanks
Nov 24, 2007
462 posts
36 upvotes
Just renewed the contracts on 3 of our lines.

Called *611 the first two times and was put through to cancellation/retentions. Got someone in India both times and couldn't get anything worked out. First person wanted to sell me on a $65/month family plan and the second person wouldn't budge much either.

10 minutes after calling the second time, I called the 514-734-7873 number and got someone actually located in Canada. She was very willing to negotiate. I got the following:

Line 1: $52 per month
450 minutes
Evenings / Weekends after 6pm
6GB LTE
iPhone VP w/100 US & Intl Text

Line 2 and 3: $32 per month
450 minutes
Evenings / Weekends after 6pm
Flex Data Value Pack $10
iPhone VP w/100 US & Intl Text

Also got a $35 credit for 2 lines to cover the upgrade fee when I get an iPhone 5.

Thoughts on these plans?
Sep 18, 2012
13 posts
Called yesterday and didn't get anywhere with the lady as I made the mistake of saying that telus had such and such for this price so all she did was give me a $5 credit to match the offer from telus, called again today and said that my contract was up, I was looking to get a new phone and was wondering what rogers would offer me, right away he said he would waive the hardware upgrade fee and after a bit of talking he offered me the 6gb LTE plan that they have for $73 right now for $60 which I am happy with. Talked to him about call display and he said something along the lines of as the plan was already subsidized he couldn't throw in call display but he would throw in a $50 credit.

I really should have confirmed the EXACT details but I asked him if it was the $73 6gb LTE plan that he was referring to and he said yes, so what I got was.

$26 hardware upgrade fee waived

200 minutes
my10 canada-wide
unlimited sms/mms
6pm evening and weekends
6gb of LTE shareable data

for $60 as well as a $50 credit off my first bill.

I probably shouldnt have told him to go ahead and do it so I could try again another time or two, but I am happy with it so I told him to go ahead with it. Any idea when it should be reflected on myrogers?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
1977 posts
473 upvotes
Anybody able to get the iPhone 5 Early Upgrade Fee waived?

I'm 28 months into my contract and I've been trying for a while but the most they'll offer me is 50% off the $143 upgrade fee.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2833 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
Super_Chicken wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 5:16 pm
If I'm two years into my 3 year plan (ends oct 2013) and I have a good plan now ($54 after tax, 6gb, 400 mins, 6pm, cd/vm, sms/mms, 100ld can, etc) but my credits expire next year when my plan is supposed to end (oct 2013).
Can I keep my existing plan, re-sign on for another 3 years from today (end sept 2015) and get a new phone. And in a year before my credits expire phone in to change my plan?

Would changing my plan essentially force me to resign again next year? (ending my plan in Sept 2016) If so how would that work with the remaining flextab on the phone I'd get today? Would it run to $0 after 3 years (sept 2015), even though my plan was extended to sept 2016
To answer my own question, and take note people with credits expiring (IN 2013!!!), that you can resign on your current plan for another 3 years. And as long as you call in and re-change your plan before you actual credits expire next year (at least a month before). You can change your plan and extend it 3 years from that point (so I call in next sept, and put it from 2013-2016). But because of flex tab, two years into that new contract (3 years from tomorrow [2015]) it will be done and I can get a new phone without penalty.
Jan 10, 2009
328 posts
310 upvotes
Calgary
Super_Chicken wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 7:44 pm
To answer my own question, and take note people with credits expiring (IN 2013!!!), that you can resign on your current plan for another 3 years. And as long as you call in and re-change your plan before you actual credits expire next year (at least a month before). You can change your plan and extend it 3 years from that point (so I call in next sept, and put it from 2013-2016). But because of flex tab, two years into that new contract (3 years from tomorrow [2015]) it will be done and I can get a new phone without penalty.
You saying if i get the IP5 Tomorrow i have to sign a new 3 year contract but within a month of my credits expiring in 2013, i call in and they will extend them for two more years?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)