Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 5, 2009
233 posts
46 upvotes
Is it me or it seems like the retention department is more willing to waive the entire EUF fee these days. I only got 50% off of my $143. Maybe worth making another phone call....
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10646 posts
2871 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
mdfaisal wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 4:15 pm
Is it me or it seems like the retention department is more willing to waive the entire EUF fee these days. I only got 50% off of my $143. Maybe worth making another phone call....
Seems hit or miss. This weekend, with the offers Telus was making for port in credits and the futureshop/bestbuy giftcards, I imagine they would have been more willing to deal. For some (many) people, the math would work better to leave, even when paying the full ECF. Hell, Bell is offering $400 port in credit if you have a small business.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Apr 5, 2007
206 posts
4 upvotes
North York
yeah that is the plan....but i am not sure if they will allow me to do it without changing the plan as i have 500MB data as part of this BB with UNC plan.

Also i want to try to keep it below $50. 1GB data is enough for me.
hvc wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 4:10 pm
Add 6GB data. That's my advice.

Your plan is good otherwise.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1514 posts
16 upvotes
North York
Badman wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 3:06 pm
So I decided to give a call to retentions after 2 years to see what can they do about upgrading to the iphone 5.

Everything went really easy but not exactly how I hoped.

Basically my current plan is:

$17.50 - 200min evn/wknd @ 6pm
$10 unlimited incoming -$10 credit no expiry
$20.79 iphone value pack - unlimited txt/pic msg, cid, visual voicemail. -50% off lifetime credit(that promotion last year I think)
$30 - 6GB data
-$10 data credit expires may 2013
-$5 data credit expires may 2013

Currently it cost $42.90 + tax and my contract ends August 2013

The lady is willing to waive the $143 EUF on the iphone so its just cost + $35 activation fee.
However the lady said I can only keep the $15 in credits or unlimited incoming as the plan I had before "slipped through their system with the amount of credits" but she knows that was a great retention plan and she said she doesn't want to change to any other plan as they would all be more expensive.

I told her about the telus offering from bestbuy and she said that she will put down notes and let me think about it for the week. Also confirmed that the credits will be renewed for 3 years.

Now I like my plan but I was hoping they would have just kept it the same as I do make use of the unlimited incoming. I find I even need something like 100ld minutes to be thrown in. I don't mind loosing a $5 credit for that + keeping unlimited incoming.

I wonder if I call back I can get them to include unlimited incoming again or can I at a later date?

BTW: the lady "sounded" really helpful and I was equally kind while playing a little dumb like asking them questions about upgrading etc. She also gave this offer right away but did not budge when asking her if I can keep the plan exactly the same. total talk time was only about 10min.
Let me get this straight. You currently have $20 credit per month on your expiring plan and they are willing to only give you $15 credit per month PLUS the waiving of the EUF.

So your new plan is $42.90 + $10 + tax + $35 activation fee?

That sounds like the "hot" plan to get and you got a good break on the EUF which many are not getting
Sep 27, 2012
3 posts
SPRUCE GROVE
If I agreed to a contract verbally over the phone, do I have 14 days to cancel if I change my mind. I have a Rogers month to month & a Bell contract renewed last night and wondering if I should stay with Bell or bring it over to Rogers and have both on Rogers. Bell promised unlimited long distance on a 3yr term, checked this morning and its not on my account. Called in & they said there is nothing they can do. I did record him saying it was included. I've escalated it, have to wait & see what they will do.

Again I got Rogers month to month for $62.79, but I hadn't mentioned to Rogers the $250 port credit & free activation Bell is offering me to switch. I have to live chat again to see what they will do for me now. I did double check this morning and the $250 and free activation is still valid on my account from Bell.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3071 posts
564 upvotes
war1000 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 4:21 pm
yeah that is the plan....but i am not sure if they will allow me to do it without changing the plan as i have 500MB data as part of this BB with UNC plan.

Also i want to try to keep it below $50. 1GB data is enough for me.
6GB is the same as 1GB price, assuming you keep get credits on the 6GB plan.
Sep 30, 2012
10 posts
First time post. Would like some advice as to which way to go.

Contract ending mid December and want to move to the S3 from my Apple 3GS. Currently on a $50 monthly plan.

Called Rogers last week and here is what I got. Comparing this to others I have seen I'm sure I can get more for less.

The 1GB data plan for $63 with a $10 discount and the 6GB plan for $73 with a $13 discount. No CID or VM.

Also I notice the 6GB plan for 73 is no longer on the Rogers Plan listing. Has this been discontinued?

Thanks,

Skunky
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7844 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
confused wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 4:25 pm
Let me get this straight. You currently have $20 credit per month on your expiring plan and they are willing to only give you $15 credit per month PLUS the waiving of the EUF.

So your new plan is $42.90 + $10 + tax + $35 activation fee?

That sounds like the "hot" plan to get and you got a good break on the EUF which many are not getting
No I currently have $15 in credits considered a cash discount. I have the unlimited incoming free by having a separate credit for it.

My new plan could still be the same price ($42.90 + tax) but no more incoming or I have to pay an extra $10month for. They are waiving the HUP fee.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1514 posts
16 upvotes
North York
Badman wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 4:47 pm
No I currently have $15 in credits considered a cash discount. I have the unlimited incoming free by having a separate credit for it.

My new plan could still be the same price ($42.90 + tax) but no more incoming or I have to pay an extra $10month for. They are waiving the HUP fee.
Wow, you would have the absolute best retentions plan i've seen in the last year if you can continue your current plan for another 3 years at the price of $42.90 (200 min, unlimited eve/week @ 6, 6gb data, CID/VM/text) along with the waiving of your $143 EUF

I don't think i've seen anyone get less than $50 per month yet
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3071 posts
564 upvotes
confused wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 5:01 pm
Wow, you would have the absolute best retentions plan i've seen in the last year if you can continue your current plan for another 3 years at the price of $42.90 (200 min, unlimited eve/week @ 6, 6gb data, CID/VM/text) along with the waiving of your $143 EUF

I don't think i've seen anyone get less than $50 per month yet
:lol: It's far from the best plan. edit: ohh, in the last year lol. missed that part. If their HUP is $143 they would have signed the contract likely over a year ago, though.

I'm at $50 taxes in for a plan with different bells and whistles (my10 and too many LD minutes) plus 200 more daytime minutes. It's definitely doable.

Badman - did you see my post last page re: your predicament?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7844 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
hvc wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 5:05 pm
:lol: It's far from the best plan. edit: ohh, in the last year lol. missed that part. If their HUP is $143 they would have signed the contract likely over a year ago, though.

I'm at $50 taxes in for a plan with different bells and whistles (my10 and too many LD minutes) plus 200 more daytime minutes. It's definitely doable.

Badman - did you see my post last page re: your predicament?
Yep it may be a great plan but 2years ago I've seen better. I just always approach retentions as getting what you need at a price point you like. That's why I don't mind even a $5 increase as I do make use of my unlimited incoming

I did read your post and basically that's how I'm going to plan my next call. Good advice for anyone thou.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8553 posts
1499 upvotes
Edmonton
In a chat session right now with the OOP, will update to advise how it goes

Update:
Speaking with Kayla Gubala. Not very friendly. Offering me the same plan as I've been quoted 2 or 3 times.

Update:
Kayla offered me a whopping discount that works out to $0.61 per month. WOW. Looks like the Office of the President didn't give 2 craps about me.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3071 posts
564 upvotes
Badman wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 5:23 pm
I just always approach retentions as getting what you need at a price point you like.
Advice to live by in this thread.

To "is this goodz?!" questions, my response is (almost) always "Are you happy with the features and are you comfortable paying $x?" or something similar.

Amen.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3593 posts
1058 upvotes
I'll add my offer I just got into our database:

Current Plan:
250 Wkday & Unltd Eve/Wknd Min
5pm Early Evening Calling
100 Bonus Minutes
2500 Sent/Unltd Rcvd Text Msgs
6GB BlackBerry Service
Rogers To Rogers Calling
Unltd Canadian Long Distance
Value Pack
Total = $67 before tax

New Offer:
200 Wkday & Unltd Eve/Wknd Min
Unlimited messaging
6GB Data
Value Pack
My10 Canada Wide
100 Long distance minutes
Total = $58.40 before tax
Aug 23, 2010
722 posts
145 upvotes
Anyone have any input on this? TIA
Rustycage wrote:
Sep 28th, 2012 11:39 am
OK folks, here's my offer at present. My wife's line. She uses minutes like crazy and I want to maintain the ability to tether.

500 mins daytime
Unlimited at 6pm
My10 Canada Wide
Unlimited messaging
2500 call forwarding (does anyone use this?)
6gb data
call display and voice mail mini pack ($7)

$72/month + taxes

I'd like to chip this down a little. Any suggestions for angles of approach?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)