[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7552 posts
1171 upvotes
Ontario
RMaini wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 2:36 pm
Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone know's how to check when credits expire on rogers? I tried the wireless tab under "my rogers", but the link that use to be there isn't anymore.

Thanks in advance!
I check these dates on my physical bill. Either on the line where the credit is located, or at the back of the bill with a credit summary.
Jul 1, 2012
14 posts
1 upvote
Surrey
RMaini wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 2:36 pm
Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone know's how to check when credits expire on rogers? I tried the wireless tab under "my rogers", but the link that use to be there isn't anymore.

Thanks in advance!
If you are logged into your My Rogers account, open up a different browser and copy and paste this address to see the screen which shows when credits expire.

https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServic ... less_Plans
Jul 13, 2005
53 posts
Vancouver
Dubravac wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 4:13 pm
Hey everyone, my contract expires in 15 days and i was looking for a bit of help. I called today and asked when my contract exactly expires and was told, then the guy started with some "well i see you're eligible for a hardware upgrade ..." (you don't say) ... i asked what the procedure was in cancelling my contract because i was going to take over a friends contract from a rival company, and he said i had to give 30 days notice. He put me on hold for a few moments to "put some notes on my file" (don't know why) ... and he then came back and basically put me on the spot and asked if i wanted to process that cancellation right now. Would it have been a good thing to say yes ? Because i have not received one call from Rogers regarding extending or signing up to a new contract and it's 15 days until mine expires. What it the best way for me to proceed with this ? I've been a rogers wireless customer for 8 years now.

Thanks!
From your story, it didn't seem like you were crystal clear to them indicating your intentions of inquiring about a retention plan, and the CSR probably thought you just wanted to cancel and went with it. My suggestion would be to call them up, press 4 for account changes, enter your Rogers number, press 4 to cancel a service, and hopefully you'll connect with someone in retentions. Then explain to them how your contract is almost up, ask what plans they're willing to offer for you to renew, and go from there. Good luck.
Nov 16, 2011
215 posts
12 upvotes
I have 150 min, my10, after 6/weekends, unl text/pic msg, CID, 1gb

for $47 + tax.

I don't care about adding more and increasing anything but I would like to decrease the monthly fee. I'm 14 months into 3 year term.

Is it possible nowadays or is the lowest its gonna get?
Jan 18, 2012
673 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
confused wrote:
Feb 28th, 2013 3:51 pm
Did anyone by any chance order their discounted iphone 5 from BEST BUY during the holiday period?

I've received two monthly bills already but have yet to see the BEST BUY rebate being applied.

Anyone get theirs?
I got one during the holidays but what is the Best buy rebate thing? Rogers adjusted the phone's price to $0 after the $50 MIR. Called them after the first month to ask why the bill was so high ( I know they said it will take 2 billing cycles for the credit to appear) but anyways called and got them to adjust the price to make it $0. All good and I get my 2nd bill since upgrade and there was an additional $150.00 credit lol, not complaining... will have 3 months of service free I guess... oh and they was this $50 Shopping channel card to add to it too... found no use of it yet though.
Dec 14, 2012
102 posts
4 upvotes
These days, what you have is pretty good! Really doubt you could pay less for what you have through Rogers.
nikul01 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 5:23 pm
I have 150 min, my10, after 6/weekends, unl text/pic msg, CID, 1gb

for $47 + tax.

I don't care about adding more and increasing anything but I would like to decrease the monthly fee. I'm 14 months into 3 year term.

Is it possible nowadays or is the lowest its gonna get?
Oct 2, 2009
991 posts
143 upvotes
invinci wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 5:52 pm
I got one during the holidays but what is the Best buy rebate thing? Rogers adjusted the phone's price to $0 after the $50 MIR. Called them after the first month to ask why the bill was so high ( I know they said it will take 2 billing cycles for the credit to appear) but anyways called and got them to adjust the price to make it $0. All good and I get my 2nd bill since upgrade and there was an additional $150.00 credit lol, not complaining... will have 3 months of service free I guess... oh and they was this $50 Shopping channel card to add to it too... found no use of it yet though.
I'll buy the Shopping Channel Gift card off of u.....lol, I hope u know that they do have expiry dates.
Let me know, seriously.............
Thanks
Oct 2, 2009
991 posts
143 upvotes
There are certain plans that are being offered with 50%.........The 6GB super plan is included last time I checked which was about 3 weeks ago.. The duration of the discount can be between 6mnths-1yr. This is the only worthwhile offer I can really think of that someone can benefit from.................

To anyone who might be interested, whether it is achievable really depends on each individual.

Good luck,
Thanks
Feb 28, 2013
945 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
I get a discount on each line every month for the duration of my contract after talking with retentions. I have the 6 GB super plan for both lines. They also waived their early upgrade device and activation fees. Well I paid it and they credited it back. I got that in fall 2012 after calling to cancel. I really was going to pay to cancel one of the lines because it worked out the same to cancel and switch to somewhere offering me a cheaper plan than I had than to just buy a new phone with Rogers.

I didn't ask for any of the discounts on the plan. I was offered it after explaining how I really would save money paying a cancelation fee.

It was easy and I have the cheapest plan out of every one I know with a smart phone and lots of data, unlimited messaging, vm, my10 Canada wide (need that) call display and oh some minutes.

Bill totals about 110 per month after the taxes and stuff and that's two lines.
Banned
Dec 18, 2008
124 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
what do you think about the following plan? it is the corporate plan offered for my work. you can add data 6gb for 30$ of top of that.

[QUOTE]
$20.00 plus taxes: $23.00$ per month
Includes all monthly fees ±

• 350 weekday minutes per month
• 1000 minutes incoming local calls per month
• 250 minutes Canadian long distances
• Unlimited evenings and weekends (6 pm-7 am)
• Per second billing
• Unlimited text messages SMS/MMS
• Unlimited Rogers to Rogers National calls
• Call display and name display
• Basic Voice mail
• GRRF fee included±
• No Activation Fee (reg.: $35)
• 2,500 minutes Call Forwarding
• Call Waiting and Group Calling
• 10¢ /minute, Canadian long distances
• 10¢ /minute for additional airtime (reg.: 35¢)
• Detailed billing
[/QUOTE]
Aug 25, 2004
623 posts
1 upvote
hosho wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2013 9:22 am
what do you think about the following plan? it is the corporate plan offered for my work. you can add data 6gb for 30$ of top of that.
looks like a corp plan to me. its similar to mine
Banned
Dec 18, 2008
124 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
didn't i say in my first line that this is a corporate plan from my job?
it is similiar with what i have for 17.50 + vp (which i got it credited). except that my credits will expire while this plan doesn't need any credits. is there a downside to be on a corporate plan? for sure you can not negotiate the corporate deal (it has been already negotiated) but can you get better than this?
Feb 12, 2009
420 posts
31 upvotes
hosho wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2013 9:22 am

what industry is this corp plan for?
Jan 14, 2012
224 posts
22 upvotes
KITCHENER
Hi everyone. My BB contract began Dec 2010. So it expires Dec 2013. I would like to get the new BB10 now. Would they waive the cancellation fees since I am wanting a new phone before my 3 years runs out? I guess i would only want to pay the 149 for the new bb10 and get a new 3 year contract.

Thanks,
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10018 posts
946 upvotes
Markham
To all the Rogers experts here - what is the latest/greatest deal you can get with

Min. 200 mins, evening/weekends, 2500 or more texts, 6gb data?