Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Dec 12, 2010
624 posts
115 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote:
May 20th, 2013 2:31 pm
Thanks for the heads up. Based on that ill wait until Friday as it is the only weekday I could call in during that window.
called in today, they are open. spoke with a few reps and all of them said they were surprised how busy it was today... lol.

reps also seem pretty nice today, might want to give it a try. one of them told me they get 1.5 times pay if they come in, so maybe thats why.,,
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
amalak wrote:
May 20th, 2013 3:27 pm
Hey guys, long time reader; called in for the second time, got this offer.

500 local
unlimited text
unlimited evening/weekends
cd + voicemail
1 gig of data

50/month

I feel like I'd rather not have 500 local (250 would be more than ample for me) - with that in mind, do you think it's possible to eventually (prob not in the next couple calls) get it down to 35-40/month?
If you're planning to take a new phone with a 3 year contract it's very rare to get your bill under $45 a month and they will usually offer in the $50-70 depending on the plan. Honestly they can do a lot better than that with most people getting unlimited canada-wide calling for the same price or similar to what they offered you
Dec 4, 2012
164 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary
Called about 5 times lol.
Just got this:

- 2GB of data
- Unlimited incoming/outgoing calling
- mini voicemail / caller ID
- unlimited text/picture/video

$55/month

Pretty happy because my goal was to pay under $60/month.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11936 posts
1708 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Pepo really need to see the base retail plans. You realize retentions aint giving **** all these days. They seem to be budging on the data side but the phone side they are being real nasty arses, point blank. Right now the deals they seem to be giving are 55-60 range with an extra 1Gb in data and canada wide 24-7 calling. Gone are the days when 5-6GB were included in the plan for $45-50 bux and every part of your wireless talking, txt/messages, and data was customizable. They dont seem to have that anymore. It's like take or leave it. Sad, smh.

Current retail plans. Judge your retention deal against these.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal ... WLRS_Plans
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1305 posts
972 upvotes
Pallet Town
I just found out that a friend's dating a guy who works at retentions. They are given daily quotas on how many people they are allowed to 'let go', so her advice was to call in the morning
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11936 posts
1708 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Huh.. so they have a number they can refuse and say NO too... interesting. Xactly call in the morning. Start around 8am as that's usually the early shift start at Robbers. That suggests they do the most refusing in the afternoon. Good to know.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11936 posts
1708 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
amalak wrote:
May 20th, 2013 3:27 pm
Hey guys, long time reader; called in for the second time, got this offer.

500 local
unlimited text
unlimited evening/weekends
cd + voicemail
1 gig of data

50/month

I feel like I'd rather not have 500 local (250 would be more than ample for me) - with that in mind, do you think it's possible to eventually (prob not in the next couple calls) get it down to 35-40/month?
I dont see how that's all better than the $50 retail plan they have now. The only thing you gained was the 1 GB data (incr. of only 850mb) over retail.

Retail plan w/1st mos free:

$50.00 /month± Includes all monthly fees
1000 Local , Unlimited Local From 6 pm11
150MB data
Unlimited Text, Picture, Video Messages2
Call Display
Voicemail
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
aznnorth wrote:
May 20th, 2013 10:47 pm
I dont see how that's all better than the $50 retail plan they have now. The only thing you gained was the 1 GB data (incr. of only 850mb) over retail.

Retail plan w/1st mos free:

$50.00 /month± Includes all monthly fees
1000 Local , Unlimited Local From 6 pm11
150MB data
Unlimited Text, Picture, Video Messages2
Call Display
Voicemail
Well except anyone who takes the 150mb of data with their 3 year contract on a smartphone is insane
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11936 posts
1708 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Best time to call retentions is xmas season. The big deals occur then when Robbers open their wallet an xtra inch... but understand not everyone can wait that long esp. if ur contract is up.
Apr 21, 2012
940 posts
158 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Their retail plans are okay, if you slap some discounts on them. For example, that $43 plan. If you could them to give you $15 credit, that would be like $28, which is cheaper than Koodo, Fido, and Virgin. Is it possible though?
Sep 15, 2010
535 posts
38 upvotes
patpritesh wrote:
May 19th, 2013 1:44 pm
This is what I got offered.

55+ tax

Canada wide long distance
- vm CID and unlimited txt, pic and vid MSG. Canada wide
2 gb data.

What do you think of this plan . I think it should be around 45$
mehh
Sep 15, 2010
535 posts
38 upvotes
40Niner wrote:
May 19th, 2013 11:14 pm
I phoned in today to confirm when my contract is up. Been with Rogers for 16 years. Nicely told the csr that I had picked up a Wind brochure and was thinking of switching because of the $40 deal they had. She hooked me up with Retentions right away.
Had a good chat with the Retention rep who recognized my tenure using Rogers. Found out that my 6GB data on my iPhone4 will stay in place after my contract is up.
It's great you're one of the few smart ones with 6GB! Keep 6GB Data perhaps improve other parts of plan if need be.
Also you can work on credits. MFD (monthly), Feature Credit or % credit. See my post history for reference if req' more info.
Cheers ;)
Sep 15, 2010
535 posts
38 upvotes
40Niner wrote:
May 20th, 2013 12:20 am
Got offered for my wife's line unlimited talk incoming/outgoing, unlimited text, 3 GB data, CID, VVM for $60.00. $70.00 if I go for 5 GB data. She's got an old Motorola flip phone right now and she needs to get her old smartphone so she can tether. What do you guys think?
If you can knock another $5-10 off plan it may be workable.
Personally, I would have kept your big data you had previously (6GB).
Going forward, it will be hard to increase back up to 6 w/o paying through the nose for it. At 3GB it will be borderline acceptable/not acceptable when she starts tethering. It depends on whether she starts feeling limited as in has to really watch or worse, limit her data usage to avoid getting dinged for data overages.
For consumers using smartphones coupled with the new data heavy LTE phones coming out... we are entering a new era of larger data for personal use. (a little like going from commodore 64 as far as info/data size and use and going to a pentium2!)
Charging for data "overages" is going to be one of the bigger profit areas for carriers like Rog. They have just started setting the rate and charging data overages at $20 per Gig for going over your new lower data limit of 1, 2 or 3GB!! This new phenomenon may prove to be quite limiting and costly for guys signing up to Rog's new retail plans especially plans with only 1 or 2 GB!
It will come down to really limiting what you want to do online or cough up an additional charge of $20, $40 or $60 in a month! (and even then, that could still be someone "limiting" their internet/data usage!!)
Sep 15, 2010
535 posts
38 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
May 20th, 2013 3:43 am
Well now that Telus is buying Mobilicity, that's one less competitor! Long Live Wind!!!
(I may be a Rogers customer, but I do know many friends that use Wind!)
Ya, let's hope Wind can attract a lot of investors right now. They will need as much investment capital as possible going into this fall session to be able to bid on the airwaves and bandwidth they need to vastly improve their network and coverage. (The Airwaves Spectrum Auction is coming up this fall in November 2013.) For the sake of all cell phone users who are tired of excessive billing and excessive profits for Rog, Bell and Telus, we all need the competition to get well capitalized and to become strong!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
flyordrive wrote:
May 21st, 2013 1:55 am
mehh
You tend to dislike a lot of offered plans. I was wondering what's your idea of a good offer, average offer, and bad offer?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)