Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Oct 17, 2010
985 posts
369 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
Hey I just contacted rogers regarding the better choice bundle 4/8/12 discount and they told me it's discontinued. With a useless rogers first rewards program taking its place. I can't find anything online about them stopping the bundles anyone hear anything similar?
Aug 21, 2013
1 posts
Just got a deal from retentions

Name Display
Visual Voicemail Plus
WhoCalled
Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes
Unlimited Incoming Local Calls
1000 Weekday Minutes
6pm Early Evening Calling
Call Fwd/Transfer Pay Per Use
LTE-Ready 3GB BIS Data Plan
Unlimited Text Messages
Unlimited Picture & Video Msgs
US GPRS $0.006
Billed Usage-Invoice Details
250 US/Intl Sent & Ultd Rcvd
Unltd North America LD Minutes
Suretap

$60 plus tax $70.06

I'm pretty happy. I was paying $90/ month for much less.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
martinwales28 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 10:53 pm
Hey I just contacted rogers regarding the better choice bundle 4/8/12 discount and they told me it's discontinued. With a useless rogers first rewards program taking its place. I can't find anything online about them stopping the bundles anyone hear anything similar?
I just some digging, if you take the Rogers First Rewards you no longer qualify for Better Choice Bundle and the Better Choices Bundle seems grandfathered for people who signed up for it before August 7th
Rogers Better Choice Bundles discount (the “Discount”) is available to existing
customers who had subscribed to participate in the Discount program before August 7,
http://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/Better ... undles.pdf
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5229 posts
1113 upvotes
martinwales28 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 10:53 pm
Called yesterday and the rep told me BCB are no longer offered. When I resigned the rep told me I would get an 8-12% discount but surprise surprise no discount on the bill. Oh well I'm still happy with my $50 plan.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2243 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto
My phone is being sent off to repair, I'm not sure it will be repairable. It's also out of warranty and I'm paying the bill with no usable phone. I have over a year left on my contract. Is there anything I can do?
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
yogakun wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 11:48 am
My phone is being sent off to repair, I'm not sure it will be repairable. It's also out of warranty and I'm paying the bill with no usable phone. I have over a year left on my contract. Is there anything I can do?
Get another phone?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2011
1559 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
I was just informed by an in store Rogers rep that picture msging (mms) belongs in the same group as regular texts (sms) and I wont get charged for received mms and did not exceed my 2500 txt. I asked because I'm still on the same $10 value Pack with 2500 txt. I kept receiving pictures msgs from a friend and worried id be charged extra for mms when my plan didn't include it. Can anyone confirm this?
Feb 4, 2013
35 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I just got sweet deal with from retention last night, finally after 2 months of calling

I got the $85 (share ready plan) for == $45
unlimited canada wide calling,
2gb of data
texting pic and video, caller id, voicemail, call display

He applied $20 monthly service fee credit plus and another $20 credit for having my own iphone :) :)
Jul 18, 2006
36 posts
21 upvotes
Okay one last call on transferring my plan (contracting ending Aug 2015), please contact ASAP to setup a transfer as this line will be disconnected at the end of the week (and $ will be paid to Robbers).

Unlimited Talk Anytime Canada-Wide
Unlimited Text/PicMsg Canada-Wide
CallerID/Name Calling
Visual Voicemail for iPhone
3GB Data

$70/month including all fees.

PM if interested ASAP! (This will be my last post on the subject...)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5016 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto
xcommander wrote:
Aug 25th, 2013 6:33 pm
Okay one last call on transferring my plan (contracting ending Aug 2015), please contact ASAP to setup a transfer as this line will be disconnected at the end of the week (and $ will be paid to Robbers).

Unlimited Talk Anytime Canada-Wide
Unlimited Text/PicMsg Canada-Wide
CallerID/Name Calling
Visual Voicemail for iPhone
3GB Data

$70/month including all fees.

PM if interested ASAP! (This will be my last post on the subject...)
Considering you need it gone ASAP plus you'd have to pay Rogers the ETF, you might want to add some cash to sweeten the deal.
Jul 18, 2006
36 posts
21 upvotes
icemasta wrote:
Aug 25th, 2013 11:09 pm
Considering you need it gone ASAP plus you'd have to pay Rogers the ETF, you might want to add some cash to sweeten the deal.
Everything is negotiable :) feel free to PM
Nov 8, 2010
121 posts
5 upvotes
Burnaby
Got a question regarding HUP.

My retention plan right now is currently $56 before tax, I was at the PNE Fair event in Vancouver and they had a bunch of smartphones going for $0 if you sign on.
They said that the plan needs to be over $60 to get it.

Is it possible to negotiate with retention to do a HUP without being over $60? And is it possible to match the $0 price of HTC One instead of paying $150?
Or.. can I just add a small feature that makes my plan over $60 and then immediately cancel that feature?

Aug 30, 2004
502 posts
18 upvotes
therock275 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2013 5:26 pm
I just got sweet deal with from retention last night, finally after 2 months of calling

I got the $85 (share ready plan) for == $45
unlimited canada wide calling,
2gb of data
texting pic and video, caller id, voicemail, call display

He applied $20 monthly service fee credit plus and another $20 credit for having my own iphone :) :)
Sigh, it's great for what Rogers is charging now....
But I still remember back, for that price, one could get 6GB of data....
Aug 16, 2010
27 posts
Hey out there. I'm looking for some advice on renewing my current retention plan. I've been a Rogers customer for seven years now. I negotiated my first retention plan three years ago, and the credits and such on it are disappearing this month. My contract doesn't actually end for another six weeks though, as I bought a new iPhone 4 through rogers in October 2010. I'd like to do two things: extend, renew, or renegotiate my retention discounts/plan and probably buy new phone. I don't need to do the new phone right away, I'll likely wait until the new round of iPhones comes out and the device balance on my current phone is down to $0.

Here's my current plan:
200 Wkday & Unlimited Eve/Wknd $17.50
Savings: Data Discount - $-5.00
150MB Data Service Plan $15.00
100 Bonus Airtime Minutes $7.00
Value Pack* $10.00
6pm Early Evening Calling $7.00
Savings: Early Evening Option $-7.00
Monthly Fee Discount - $-10.00
Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee $2.13

So, grand total is $36.63 before taxes.
I get 300 minutes with unlimited eves and wknds, 150MB of data and then 2500 texts plus call display and voicemail.
I'm getting $22 in discounts, $15 of which are set to expire this month.
I'd love to keep my costs at about this same level with the current discounts. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more (maybe up to $40-44 before taxes) if my plan included a tad bit more data (like really, I'd be happy with 300-500MB) and I'd love to get free texting to the US. but other than that i don't need more minutes or canada wide minutes even.

any thoughts on what i might be able to negotiate here?

thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
douglas_sirk wrote:
Aug 26th, 2013 12:59 pm
Hey out there. I'm looking for some advice on renewing my current retention plan. I've been a Rogers customer for seven years now. I negotiated my first retention plan three years ago, and the credits and such on it are disappearing this month. My contract doesn't actually end for another six weeks though, as I bought a new iPhone 4 through rogers in October 2010. I'd like to do two things: extend, renew, or renegotiate my retention discounts/plan and probably buy new phone. I don't need to do the new phone right away, I'll likely wait until the new round of iPhones comes out and the device balance on my current phone is down to $0.

Here's my current plan:
200 Wkday & Unlimited Eve/Wknd $17.50
Savings: Data Discount - $-5.00
150MB Data Service Plan $15.00
100 Bonus Airtime Minutes $7.00
Value Pack* $10.00
6pm Early Evening Calling $7.00
Savings: Early Evening Option $-7.00
Monthly Fee Discount - $-10.00
Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee $2.13

So, grand total is $36.63 before taxes.
I get 300 minutes with unlimited eves and wknds, 150MB of data and then 2500 texts plus call display and voicemail.
I'm getting $22 in discounts, $15 of which are set to expire this month.
I'd love to keep my costs at about this same level with the current discounts. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more (maybe up to $40-44 before taxes) if my plan included a tad bit more data (like really, I'd be happy with 300-500MB) and I'd love to get free texting to the US. but other than that i don't need more minutes or canada wide minutes even.

any thoughts on what i might be able to negotiate here?

thanks
Negotiating a similar plan would be do-able but not with a new iPhone when ti comes out

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

tvaddicto