Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Aug 13, 2007
259 posts
4 upvotes
Have a question on Share Ready plan from Rogers:

Fine print # 1. All members on the same account must activate on the same Family sharing plan (i.e. primary Family Plan line must have the same features selected). Minimum of 2 to a maximum of 5 lines. Lines may be added at any time. New lines added require that the primary line be renewed for the same period. Voice and data plans only available with 3-yr term. Voice plans available with monthly, 1-, 2- or 3-yr term.

This is for adding a second line. Does this mean the voice and data prices are under contract for 3-yr and therefore we have to sign the contract?

I am debating whether the Share Ready plan will be better for me and my wife or we should stick with the individual plans.
Aug 13, 2007
259 posts
4 upvotes
wrdeal24 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 2:44 pm
You probably can't get the unlimited canada-wide calling on 6GB without bringing it up to $80-$90 a month.
Thanks. I have the same feelings...lets see what is new when my contract ends on Oct.1.
Nov 16, 2004
959 posts
11 upvotes
rg1980 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 2:30 pm
I just renegotiated my wife's plan. She does not use any data.

Unlimited calling
Unlimited text, pic, video msgs
Month to month

$20/month
does it include CID / VM ???
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
Hmm any thoughts on the language Rogers uses here?

“Effective September 9 at midnight, all Talk & Text Family/SmartTeam Plans will be expired. Customers currently on these plans can maintain their current plans; they will not be forced to migrate.”
Oct 24, 2010
31 posts
3 upvotes
Brampton
Alright guys. My contract is up next month and this is what I have right now:

$56 all in:

-6 GB data
-350 mins
-100 LD Canadian Mins
-unlimited text
-rogers to rogers
-unlimited incoming
-unlimited texts
-voicemail/caller id

I am really hoping to get something similar this time around. Based on what i'm hearing from all you amazing folks out there, is that this will be highly unlikely. I am going to call rogers next week and see what I can get. If I do not get a good deal, I am going with TELUS through my corporate plan which is:

$50 plus tax

-6 GB 4G data
-250 mins
-unlimited texts
-voicemail/caller id
-plus early upgrade option every 18 months

The Telus corporate plan is pretty amazing. I havent switched over because Rogers kept matching it (except the early upgrade). However, it seems like I might have to switch this time. We'll find out next week !

Cheers,
Jan 29, 2013
270 posts
65 upvotes
toronto
I switched to telus $50 corporate plan too last month that gives 5 gb data with 350 minutes...much better than asking for credits and negotiating every single time. I have per second billing and 250 minutes long distance as well. Check these things too if you may get. cheers

pxkxb wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 10:17 pm
Alright guys. My contract is up next month and this is what I have right now:

$56 all in:

-6 GB data
-350 mins
-100 LD Canadian Mins
-unlimited text
-rogers to rogers
-unlimited incoming
-unlimited texts
-voicemail/caller id

I am really hoping to get something similar this time around. Based on what i'm hearing from all you amazing folks out there, is that this will be highly unlikely. I am going to call rogers next week and see what I can get. If I do not get a good deal, I am going with TELUS through my corporate plan which is:

$50 plus tax

-6 GB 4G data
-250 mins
-unlimited texts
-voicemail/caller id
-plus early upgrade option every 18 months

The Telus corporate plan is pretty amazing. I havent switched over because Rogers kept matching it (except the early upgrade). However, it seems like I might have to switch this time. We'll find out next week !

Cheers,
Jun 28, 2013
83 posts
1 upvote
wrdeal24 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 8:49 pm
Hmm any thoughts on the language Rogers uses here?

“Effective September 9 at midnight, all Talk & Text Family/SmartTeam Plans will be expired. Customers currently on these plans can maintain their current plans; they will not be forced to migrate.”
Sounds straight forward to me: no one would be able to sign up for them. Whoever has them can keep them unless they make a change. once lost, u can not get them back.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5105 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
akagarry wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 11:16 pm
I switched to telus $50 corporate plan too last month that gives 5 gb data with 350 minutes...much better than asking for credits and negotiating every single time. I have per second billing and 250 minutes long distance as well. Check these things too if you may get. cheers
is it through company or gvt? the telus corp plan i mean
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
Guys any idea how to squeeze a handset upgrade outta of them... I think I am 1.5 year or just shy of that in my 3 year contract I am looking to get a Q10
Dec 20, 2005
666 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
goleafsgo5 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2013 12:05 pm
Guys any idea how to squeeze a handset upgrade outta of them... I think I am 1.5 year or just shy of that in my 3 year contract I am looking to get a Q10
Have you called retentions?
I am 1 year 9 months out and they wouldn't do anything for me saying my plan is good and upgrading will up my price plan.
I first called HUP dept then told them if I renewed the contract can they do better with the cost of early upgrade, they transferred me to retentions.
Spoke to retentions and they basically told me to call back at 1.5 year mark as they can tinker with my plan then and waive part of my early upgrade fee.

Good luck, let us know if you managed anything.
Rogers suck ballz right now in terms of retentions.

:D PEPSI 2007: NHL 08 (Oct 31 10-11pm), Xbox 360 Arcade (Nov 3 4-5pm the last Xbox of the contest!)
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
Swift0114 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2013 4:39 pm
Have you called retentions?
I am 1 year 9 months out and they wouldn't do anything for me saying my plan is good and upgrading will up my price plan.
I first called HUP dept then told them if I renewed the contract can they do better with the cost of early upgrade, they transferred me to retentions.
Spoke to retentions and they basically told me to call back at 1.5 year mark as they can tinker with my plan then and waive part of my early upgrade fee.

Good luck, let us know if you managed anything.
Rogers suck ballz right now in terms of retentions.
Argh I will give it a go and if I don't like it I will leave when the place renews
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
Anybody know how to canx without fees is there a new trick?

Sorry have not played this game in a while
Jul 30, 2013
4 posts
Calgary
I've just finished my 3 year plan, and have an unlocked iPhone 5. My current plan is roughly 2 years old:

$85/Month
6GB Promo Plan
My 10 Canada Wide
250 Minutes, Free Messaging, etc.
iPhone Bundle w/ VV $11 (included in above price)

As the retentions suck right now, I'm sure that they won't offer me anything close to what I have with that amount of data. However, Bell/Telus are both currently offering a 10% discount for unlocked phones.

Would it be a reach to try to get that same 10% discount with Rogers considering everyone else offers it?