Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Nov 27, 2009
80 posts
4 upvotes
Does anybody know what is the cheapest option to getting an extra SIM card for my Nexus 7 LTE aka Data Sharing?

I thought all you had to do is just add $10 but the Rogers rep said that I CAN'T share my current 6GB and would need to upgrade to a more expensive plan.

Is this true?
May 19, 2007
26 posts
14 upvotes
I've completed my three years with Rogers with the Blackberry Bold phone and am now looking to upgrade to the iPhone 5s. I was paying $48 per month for all the features that are included in the iPhone package. I was wondering if it would be possible at this stage where I'm at to be able to negotiate and to get credits on their iPhone package plan and/or pay less for the upgrade. Is it better to call them or to go to the Rogers store in person?
Jul 15, 2009
538 posts
54 upvotes
Hi Folks - quick question. Is Rogers still offering the 6gb data add-on? I recently lost my phone, and am probably going to be sticking with a dumb phone for the next little while. I'm wondering if I should remove my 6gb data add-on and save the $30 + tax each month for the next little while.

When I do get a new smartphone, I'm wondering I'll be able to easily add it back on or I'll be SOL.
Oct 31, 2010
777 posts
178 upvotes
Ottawa[]/GTA[X]
dvsrydin wrote:
Oct 28th, 2013 12:08 pm
Hi Folks - quick question. Is Rogers still offering the 6gb data add-on? I recently lost my phone, and am probably going to be sticking with a dumb phone for the next little while. I'm wondering if I should remove my 6gb data add-on and save the $30 + tax each month for the next little while.

When I do get a new smartphone, I'm wondering I'll be able to easily add it back on or I'll be SOL.
I've talked to the retention department recently and they've told me that they haven't had the 6GB data add-on for a while. I would just keep it on the account.
Rogers: $65 10GB | Koodo: $75 16GB
Aug 23, 2005
752 posts
18 upvotes
Siph7 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2013 11:29 pm
Am I reading this wrong? 65$ month to month...

Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling
Unlimited text, picture and video messaging
Call Display
Voicemail
Call Waiting
Group Calling
Call Forwarding Minutes
6GB Shared Data

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/shar ... ns-pricing

I am currently paying 60$ for 3GB of data, rest is the same. For 5$ more I get 6GB because currently I'm sharing 3GB between my iPhone and iPad.
i see the same , anyone call in to confirm???
-

-
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1137 posts
397 upvotes
deee_wreck wrote:
Oct 28th, 2013 12:35 pm
I read it wrong first too. But for 6GB its $65 PLUS either the following

Smart Phone: $55
Smart Picks: $45
Bring Your Own: $35

You can see the plus sign is within the start here window box, between 3gb and 6gb
Oct 3, 2003
201 posts
52 upvotes
nemesis51 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2013 6:08 pm
No it's not published the bell rep said..

That's why Rogers doesn't honor it.. I tried to give them porting phone number notice but they said I didn't need to.. If I get charged the 30 days... I have the ref# to Goto file a complaint with ccts. Disappointing that they treat long standing customers with no value and to provide limited discounts / options.

The agent said we as consumers decided on the 2 yr plan policy so we can't argue the changes in the Canadian cell phone providers.
Is this Bell plan available to anyone? Where was it offered to you?
Dec 19, 2007
242 posts
33 upvotes
I haven't posted in or checked this thread in a while, but obviously a lot has changed since the CRTC rules came into place.

I called Rogers because my discounts expired and my contract doesn't end for 2 years.

My plan:
250 Wkday and Unlim Eve/Wknd (6PM)
6 GB Data
CD, Name Display, Enhanced VM
2500 Txt Msgs
Rogers 2 Rogers

Cost was $50 after tax (includes 9-1-1 and system access fees), but now is $71 after my discounts expired. Was put through to Retentions and they couldn't do anything except offer a $5 discount. She tried to offer me another plan that had unlimited calling but reduced my data to 3GB (which is more than enough still) but it would be $90+ which I laughed at.

I guess things have really changed, gone are the days where they gave away great discounts. I'm assuming the $5 to bring my bill to $66 after tax is about as good as it gets.
Oct 13, 2013
9 posts
Toronto
Anarchy,

$5 off/month for the next 48 months is pretty much what I was offered, and took on my plan which is similar to yours on a month to month basis. Retentions basically told me that the 'best deal' for me would be to buy the hardware and keep the plan I already have.
Oct 31, 2010
777 posts
178 upvotes
Ottawa[]/GTA[X]
deee_wreck wrote:
Oct 28th, 2013 12:35 pm
It's $65 for data plus another $45 if you choose a value smart phone
Rogers: $65 10GB | Koodo: $75 16GB
Jul 15, 2011
343 posts
422 upvotes
Called Rogers a few minutes ago and I was offered this plan for $61 total with $10 credit already applied:
Unlimited calling (Canada wide)
Unlimited texting (picture and worldwide)
5GB LTE
Enhanced Voice-mail, caller ID, call/name display, conference call
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
Gurren wrote:
Oct 28th, 2013 3:05 pm
Called Rogers a few minutes ago and I was offered this plan for $61 total with $10 credit already applied:
Unlimited calling (Canada wide)
Unlimited texting (picture and worldwide)
5GB LTE
Enhanced Voice-mail, caller ID, call/name display, conference call
So the $65 plan reduced to $55 + tax?
Jan 25, 2011
124 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
peter_ross wrote:
Oct 25th, 2013 10:02 pm
Not true. I extended my SAF discount (6.95) for another year just today!
did you have to tell them anything to get it? or i guess it depends on the agent you talk to.
Aug 25, 2009
229 posts
14 upvotes
My plan with rogers is ending in December - looking for a new plan right now.

Currently, my plan is:
2 gb data
100 LD
Caller ID
250 daytime minutes / unlimited night and evenings
free valuepack - including vm, unlimited texigin between us and canadian numbers
free R2R

everything comes to about 55 plus tax.

Now, I am being offered a corporate plan through work but it's through Telus, and I would be able to get the S4 for $79 dollars. the plan is as follows:

3 year contract:
VM 25
Caller id
unlimited canadian text msg (NO MMS)
300 day time minutes, unlimited evenings and wknds
6gb data
$50 + tax

I am just wondering at htis point.. is there a possible chance that Rogers would be able to match this plan? Otherwise, a similiar plan that might be better than my current plan? I don't actually need that much data and I rather save the hassle of switching over but I don't think I will be able to get a better plan than the one that telus corporate is offering. Thoughts?