50 - 5$ credit = 45$

1GB data
Unlimited call
Unlimited text
Unlimited MMS/Video...

If I want iPhone 5S...
70 + tax as they cannot give credit even if 20 years client
6GB...

It is hard to reach Rogers these days with their new waiting system... Anyone at Montreal got a decent deal with them so I can call live to get the same deal?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2433 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
jaysoulz wrote:
Nov 11th, 2013 1:12 pm
Called and they keep telling me that this is what they can offer:

50 - 5$ credit = 45$

1GB data
Unlimited call
Unlimited text
Unlimited MMS/Video...

If I want iPhone 5S...
70 + tax as they cannot give credit even if 20 years client
6GB...

It is hard to reach Rogers these days with their new waiting system... Anyone at Montreal got a decent deal with them so I can call live to get the same deal?
Nowadays 6GB for $70 is considered a good deal. The best you can hope for is $10 off that by pushing the 6GB plan at videotron for $60.
Jan 14, 2007
575 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Why is it that Rogers can't get their act together. My wife's plan was done after 3yrs on a good retention plan, for about $40/month she was getting...
1. 500mb
2. 200 day local mins.
3. unlimited after 6 and weekends
4. unlimited text, video and pictures
5. vm, cd, etc.

I called just before it ended to ask if they could extend this plan but was told the credits of about $15 was being removed due to contract ended. She would have to pay close to $60 per month.

I was offered the following by a CSR-Royalty on Oct 31 for a shared plan:
1. 500mb
2. unlimited canada wide calling
3. unlimited text, picture, videos for canada and international
4. standard vm, cd, etc.
5. iphone 5s for $230 and N5 for $100 - $100 rebate.
6. shared plan

All of the above for $60-10(credit) + $25 (for the second line) = $75 before taxes and my bundle discount. I accepted the offer and had her change her plan cause it was a good deal. She ordered the 5s and said that she will call when she receives notification of delivery.

Guess what... when I called last week to confirm the deal i was told that the plan cannot be and will not be at this price since a 5s require a much more expensive plan. I asked them to put me through this person so we could discussed what was offered but all they said was they have no way of putting me through to her.

What really bothers me is the inconsistency of what you are told everytime you try to make a deal with retention. If only they could provide the same discount then we all wouldn't be complaining. I've had my cable/internet service since way back even before rogers took over shaw, I've had this mobile line from about 2004 and all I could get now is a $10 discount.

on top of that the iphone 5s was just delivered today, if I call they will screw me on my plan so I just hope that she called in the next day or two. If I can get the rate that was promised I will probably move it to a corporate plan.
Sep 1, 2005
395 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
wrdeal24 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2013 2:01 pm
Nowadays 6GB for $70 is considered a good deal. The best you can hope for is $10 off that by pushing the 6GB plan at videotron for $60.
They are playing hard...
1st, I want a iPhone 5S... Videotron does not have that.
2nd, they said Videotron service is crap and they do not offer LTE (4G is not even LTE), so if I get 4G from videotron, my speed is crap

At the end, the offer me:

70 + tx

50$ credit for the iPhone 5S
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2433 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
jaysoulz wrote:
Nov 11th, 2013 3:31 pm
They are playing hard...
1st, I want a iPhone 5S... Videotron does not have that.
2nd, they said Videotron service is crap and they do not offer LTE (4G is not even LTE), so if I get 4G from videotron, my speed is crap

At the end, the offer me:

70 + tx

50$ credit for the iPhone 5S
They say that, yet they are releasing Quebec Only plans to compete and network share their own network with Videotron to have about the same coverage (LTE included very soon). They take Videotron seriously and shouldn't not use leverage available to get a better plan, which most of people getting plans in Ontario and British Columbia can't do.
Nov 11, 2013
1 posts
Recently changed my plan (heard about a limited time plan since I live in Manitoba) and immediately called. I have an iPhone 5 and the plan I have now is as follows...

Unlimited Canada wide calling.
Unlimited texting to US, Canada, and Internationally
5 GB data
Voicemail and Call Display

I pay only $56.50 after taxes! I have $15 credit per month for three years (renewed a year ago) plus I have a $16.79 iPhone value pack discount. Thankfully, the credits will continue with this new plan.
Apr 27, 2011
293 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
well my discounts ended, time to call rogers and get me a better plan. i want same or better plan at $55 or less. right now wihtout my discounts im paying $80
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3815 posts
106 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
FanRaptors wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 5:55 pm
May I know what province you are from ShaTr?
FanRaptors wrote:
Nov 9th, 2013 2:53 pm
Yeah, I do get that part. $ 10 credit is what they offered to give me as well but it is the discount on the additional lines that they are not agreeing to.

@ SHaTR: If you upgrade your phone for any of the lines, would the $ 5 discount still be there (for example $ 55-5)?
I'm in ontario, and any hardware upgrades on any line would cost $10 more per month. Discounts remain, plan prices are simply $10 more. And you can only choose from smartpicks phones. So there are no advantages really

Example: For a nexus 5, it would be +$10/month for 24 months + 115 initial cost = $355. And thats ONLY if put it as a smartpicks phone. So pointless. I really think searsconnect is a better deal. If they get some more phones, i'm definatly switching
Apr 1, 2009
1 posts
Have 17.5 epp + $30 6gb plan... comes to $59 plus taxes. $10 in credits have fallen off and contract expiring this month. first attempt. nice agent . Could only offer $85 with 6gb for iphone 5s upgrade but tried M2M deal and got all credits restored and more for next 2 yrs and now works out to $55 for the same plan. It seems they are more accommodating for M2M.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1308 posts
222 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
AdamMilan wrote:
Nov 4th, 2013 7:32 pm
Been with Rogers for 15+ years and recently my caller ID got dropped for no reason now they are trying to charge me $13 to get it back. Ridiculous.
I was at about 20 years, and they reneged on a $5 item. Such a headache dealing with them - real terrible reps. Dropping them was the best outcome by far.

It's been two years, but I recently had to deal with Rogers again (for a family member). Again got a rep who was horrible. To be honest, she was being an ***** . So I called back and got a some guy who was the exact opposite in demeanor, and really knowledgeable. That much fluctuation shouldn't happen. Hopefully they'll get around to cleaning up their act.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2253 posts
317 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
robertz wrote:
Nov 13th, 2013 1:06 am
I was at about 20 years, and they reneged on a $5 item. Such a headache dealing with them - real terrible reps. Dropping them was the best outcome by far.

It's been two years, but I recently had to deal with Rogers again (for a family member). Again got a rep who was horrible. To be honest, she was being an ***** . So I called back and got a some guy who was the exact opposite in demeanor, and really knowledgeable. That much fluctuation shouldn't happen. Hopefully they'll get around to cleaning up their act.
Biggest peeve ever. I called in about both wireless and cable before and I get the same thing. Nothing can be done, but yet magically next call everything I want can be done. ughhhhhhhhhh.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1651 posts
237 upvotes
Alberta
Chingyul wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 11:17 am
So Rogers royally botched my plan.
Late Aug, I agreed to do a $65/month, 2gb plan. However, they couldn't put it through until the end of my contract in Oct. So they put in a ticket to do the plan change then.
However, I called again early Sept 10, and they agreed to keep my old grandfathered plan of 250 daytime min, with the 6GB data, and then keep 1 $10 credit for 12 months (but gave up another $10 data discount). I also told them to go back and cancel the pending ticket.

Oct bill comes in as expected with the proper changes.
Nov bill comes in and they cancelled my plan and put me on the new one based on the Aug ticket!
Called in and they said they couldn't do anything. Had a LONG talk, expressed my frustration, but essentially said they couldn't do anything.
Best they could offer was $10 off the $65 plan, and then unlim data for 2 months, with the hope that plans change in 2 months.
I need data, not the unlimited calling for the new plan.

I asked to speak to manager and retention rep said they didn't have any additional power. True?
Man, just find it so frustrating. This was their mistake and they can't bring it back.
Is there another level I can elevate it to?
Office of the President works!
Web chat this morning and they are able to reinstate my old plan with credit! Only fought this hard cuz it was their mistake!
Back to 6gb and not worrying about data.
Jul 12, 2012
33 posts
2 upvotes
West
Hi, I had a question and was wondering anyone could help or had any advice.

My plan isn't great, but it has a few freebies like CID and credits that bring it down to around 30 bucks within my budget, but my contract is up next month and I'm concerned that I'll lose my credits then. I've looked on the bill and nowhere does it have an expiry date for when the credits will go. Normally I'd call in and ask Rogers, but reading over the last few pages some people have kept their credits and some have lost theirs' when their contract was up. Since Rogers seems to be taking away credits, I don't want to call in and remind Rogers to take mine away from me. I don't need a HUP as my plan is sub- $50 so Rogers wouldn't offer me a decent phone anyway, I just want to keep my plan affordable as it is now even if off contract. So any other way to find out if I'll lose them?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Nov 28, 2009
44 posts
1 upvote
your credit expire date will show up 1 month before it expired
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
2307 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
jaysoulz wrote:
Nov 11th, 2013 3:31 pm
they do not offer LTE (4G is not even LTE), so if I get 4G from videotron, my speed is crap
That doesnt make sense - 4G is a specification, and the current LTE is actually only implementing a subset of the 4G specification.

That means LTE is not even fully 4G-compliant, it's not possible to have it the other way around.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 0 guests)

Ph7nam, TypeS_A-Spec, oilwong, KimH089