Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jul 17, 2006
4 posts
Burnaby
I figured as much. If only those new iPhones weren't so darn expensive!
And the US to CAD conversion doesn't help!
Jun 12, 2015
127 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
rayakasun wrote:
Sep 10th, 2015 4:27 pm
I have a $50 Corp 350 plan

$20 for:
350 minutes
150 long distance (Canada)
Unlimited weekends and evenings
Unlimited messaging
CallerID/voicemail

+$30 for 6GB addon
-$5 permanent discount for data

This gives a total of $45 before taxes. The problem is Rogers will not let me do a HUP without losing this plan.
Should I just keep it and by my phone outright?
Sweet plan. I would buy that too. If u like new phones wait till December they usually drop
Jan 1, 2010
500 posts
60 upvotes
Quebec
Rogers called me offering same plans as the website and telling me they were deals because I was a long time customer, trying to get me to give up my 17.50$+30$ 6gb plan which I still have credits on for another year

he was probably just a normal CS, might have to check with retention since I would like to bring my wifes phone to Rogers on a share everything plan but not for website pricing, especially since they couldn't do much as far as phone pricing
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3089 posts
583 upvotes
Troydabes wrote:
Sep 10th, 2015 11:11 pm
What number do you call for retentions?
*611 from your rogers line.
Sep 2, 2002
178 posts
55 upvotes
Currently on 6gb Superplan with Iphone Value Pack for 69.00 per month (before tax)

Wanted to get a phone upgrade and was offered:
6gb Share plan for 99 per month with a $200 phone credit.

I'm thinking this is a *****ty deal but they won't budge on any monthly plan credits.

How does one go about getting a monthly credit?
Aug 1, 2007
637 posts
48 upvotes
Vana3005 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2015 3:24 pm
I just accepted their new plan on a 2 year plan for upgrade S5
70 main line
45 second line
4 Gbs shared unlimited Canada calling and texting

149.99 *2 for the phone Samsung s5
200 credit for phone 100 dollar a line
75 credit from Rogers rewards
Total price is 25 dollars for 2 phones and 115 before tax for the plan what's your thoughts phones will be mailed to me.

Thanks
Hey Vana3005

I just tried to contact retentions to see if they would offer the same plan as what you accepted. My goal is to get the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s+ phones.

They said that they couldn't give me your plan, because it's considered a SmartPic plan. Meaning that it does not qualify for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s+ phones. I would have to stick with my $80+$55 ShareEverything 2GB plan if I want those phones.

Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3202 posts
627 upvotes
radar2000 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2015 3:29 pm
Hey Vana3005

I just tried to contact retentions to see if they would offer the same plan as what you accepted. My goal is to get the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s+ phones.

They said that they couldn't give me your plan, because it's considered a SmartPic plan. Meaning that it does not qualify for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s+ phones. I would have to stick with my $80+$55 ShareEverything 2GB plan if I want those phones.
Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers!
If you are in QC the prices are better - you can get a Quebec number since long distance is included and then use a FreePhoneLine in your home town forwarded to your cell so that people without plans can call you by dialing a local number.

And if you ARE in QC or ON, if you open an account with Desjardins you can get 10% off your plan and an extra 2 Gigs for 2 years.
Aug 1, 2007
637 posts
48 upvotes
Thanks for the response fredsmith.

I'm located in Ontario.
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
chowder wrote:
Aug 26th, 2015 3:43 pm
it comes with one, and not the other. not sure which is which, point being, so long as you dont care if the name is shown, unless you you have their # already saved, then its not a big deal.
I just made the change but you have to get $5 call display option and then thr $5 iPhone value pack. It clearly stated the name display doesnt include call display and the customer needs to have call display for this feature to work.

I'm at $70 now, are you saying that call display is working with just the $5 iPhone value pack?

It seems that this pack is originally an extra for people who have vm and call display already. So far both visual voicemail and call display work with the $5 call display and $5 iPhone value pack
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3202 posts
627 upvotes
radar2000 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2015 8:40 pm
Thanks for the response fredsmith.

I'm located in Ontario.
If you don't want to switch to a QC number you can still get the Desjardins promo.
Jun 26, 2004
501 posts
163 upvotes
My credits are about to expire on my 6GB My 10 plan so it's going up to $68+ tax and no HUP.

Want the iPhone 6s and the best offer I'm seeing is $80 for 4gb share everything Canada wide. I might just get it though...less data but Unlimited Canada Wide is better than MY10. Plus I'll get some use out of the Shomi and NhL package.
Sep 11, 2015
167 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Been on the phone with Rogers Retention this week.

On an plan I have had unchanged for 8 years:
6 gigs, unlimited calling and text locally, voicemail, call waiting, call display for $79month.

Want to upgrade my iPhone5 to an iPhone 6s and the best they could offer me as a loyal customer is:
6 gigs data, unlimited calling within Canada, unlimited text/video & pictures, call display (no name), and a Mini voicemail(?) for 99$ a month but they will give me a credit of $10 a month so $89 a month
As well they will give me the iPhone6S 64 gig for -$125, and waive the connection fee.

Sound like a good deal?
Aug 3, 2010
173 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
We just get this offer from rogers retention what you guys think about it ?

Currently we only have one line with rogers and this offer add two other lines

share everything quebec only 10 gig
spootify included (3 users) for 172.00$ +tx

we also get 3 iphone 6s 64 gig with 325$ off total (125$ + 100$ + 100$)

they wave 20$ activation fee for 1 line only

and they add another 50$ credit on top to cover sim card fee for the two line that we add

we should jump on that ?
Jun 3, 2013
366 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
mikeo007 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2015 1:21 pm
My credits are about to expire on my 6GB My 10 plan so it's going up to $68+ tax and no HUP.

Want the iPhone 6s and the best offer I'm seeing is $80 for 4gb share everything Canada wide. I might just get it though...less data but Unlimited Canada Wide is better than MY10. Plus I'll get some use out of the Shomi and NhL package.
My offer last month: BYOD 6gb loyalty retention plan with Canada-wide calling for $74+tax (including $5off for first 12mo). I didn't think it was too bad considering what they offer off the shelf, but currently I pay $69 taxes in for about the same plan. I haven't called this month to see new offerings. Let me know if you do and what the price with the 6S is. (looks like it was $89 with HUP... or another poster was offered the 6gb plan for $99 with a $200 device credit.)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)