Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2149 posts
297 upvotes
I have some questions and hoping someone here could answer them. I'm on a Rogers corp plan, a $60 unlim n/a and 3gb data plan. I no longer work with the company and my phone crapped out on me, so in order to do a HUP I need to do a verification I still work at that company which I can't. My question is, once my plan ends (in 1 month since I signed 2 years ago) am I still on that same plan or do I have to do a verification regardless if I do a hup? The reason is, I'm wondering if I just buy a phone outright from rogers or somewhere and then add it to my line and then still keep my plan.
Temp. Banned
Nov 19, 2006
162 posts
9 upvotes
milhaus wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 9:19 pm
So the share everything + plans are now available? I just talked to someone and they said they weren't yet. Great, now I get to call back, but I'm looking at now: 8GB Share Everything, $95, iPhone VVM+ International text $5 month ($68 credit for the year), + 2.50 for tablet. Not sure I'd get anything better and maybe should just pay the $10 for Spotify so I can be choose my own service.
The rep said they would start the share everything plans + this Tuesday. I told her I was able to order the plan on their website via My Rogers right now, so she put me on hold to speak to a supervisor. When she got back on the line she told me to choose any plan and offered me a $10 monthly credit for 12 months. I'm on a month to month plan BYOD in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
milhaus wrote:
So the share everything + plans are now available? I just talked to someone and they said they weren't yet. Great, now I get to call back, but I'm looking at now: 8GB Share Everything, $95, iPhone VVM+ International text $5 month ($68 credit for the year), + 2.50 for tablet. Not sure I'd get anything better and maybe should just pay the $10 for Spotify so I can be choose my own service.
They told me the 17th . . . good to see how consistent they are (NOT).
Aug 20, 2011
23 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
fredsmith wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 11:26 pm
They told me that 17th . . . good to see how consistent they are (NOT).
what are the share everything + plans?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
kiafazool wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 5:35 pm
how do you get the desjardins +2gb -10% offer? im in ontario
You open an account with them and then provide the client card info to Rogers. You need to be on a 2-6 gig share-everything plan - they told me that the 10 gig is not eligible, though a friend of mine claims that he has 10 and they gave it to him - the small print says that you need to add a line, but I know of several who got the deal and did nothing for the privilege.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
Tigre1215 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 4:06 pm
What do you guys think of an offer I got for bell small business wireless? Coming from rogers my credits of $15 each expire in December 6 and my mtm would be 70 each line for 2 lines:

Ultd NA calling
1000 Canada wide Calling each
3gb each non shared
VM 10, call forwarding, CD, voice to text
Unltd text and pic NA
Total 140 in December and can't renew credits or get subsidy.

Bells offer when I went into tbooth reseller

6gb data shared
Unltd Canada wide
Unltd text pic Canada wide
Forgot to include VM 25 CI CD

For 170 shared plan plus $600 port in credits over first six months and starting 7 month $15 credit each line for 18 months. Bringing my first 6 months to $70 per month and then $140 per month for 18 months.

Subsidies: 2 s6 galaxy 64gb for 209 each plus 200 credit towards both phones

Any thoughts on this offer or do you think rogers will beat that?

Any experiences with bell?
Bell made me a similar offer, but most of my lines are in Quebec and one is based in Ontario, which is a huuuuge problem for them.

Rogers will not beat nor will they even meet that offer - the port-in credits are what make it work - if you'd done this last month you would have had an extra $50 in port-in-credit per line.

Rogers seem so h*ll-bent on getting new customers that they ignore their existing ones . . . and I've been with them for 30 years this month.

In the end, and between some credits they're offering me for the first year and the Desjardins offer I managed to get Rogers to come fairly close to the offer from Bell.

BTW, you might want to add calling to the US for a buck a month per line (available only from the SMB group) if you ever call to that country. Rogers wants $15/line for calling to the US, which I passed on - but Rogers has the 'Roam Like Home' feature, which I'll never use either.

While for me Rogers is still a few bucks/month more expensive over the term, I'll have Name Display (which none of the other carriers offer), Visual Voicemail+, international texting and whocalled and 2 extra gigs of data as features to offset the pricing difference.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
mtlboy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 10:21 pm
I have some questions and hoping someone here could answer them. I'm on a Rogers corp plan, a $60 unlim n/a and 3gb data plan. I no longer work with the company and my phone crapped out on me, so in order to do a HUP I need to do a verification I still work at that company which I can't. My question is, once my plan ends (in 1 month since I signed 2 years ago) am I still on that same plan or do I have to do a verification regardless if I do a hup? The reason is, I'm wondering if I just buy a phone outright from rogers or somewhere and then add it to my line and then still keep my plan.
If your term is up your account automatically moves to month-to-month without any of the credits you may have had previously.

If you can't verify your affiliation and if it is required to maintain the deal then you should be prepared to lose it if (and that's the operative word) they decide to audit the account - something that won't likely happen if you don't call in asking for favours.

You might well be able to do a walk-in upgrade at a Costco kiosk or non-corporate retail store - you can always ask them (without disclosing that you no longer work there) and walk away as though it is too expensive, noting that HUPs often trigger migration to the new and more expensive 'share everything' plans.

You can always change to a current plan when your access to the corp plan is cut - though you *may* need to get the plan administrator's help if you want to keep your number after the fact.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
rwings01 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 7:24 pm
Just got off the phone with loyalty and was finally offered a good deal IMO. ShareEverything+ 10GB-No Tab BYOD Province wide calling $70 - $10 discount $60 plus taxes on M2M. Very happy with this plan since I have been trying for a few months now. Includes unlimited talk (Province wide)/text/picture/video (Canada wide)/Call display/Enhanced VM/Call Waiting/Spotify Premium 2yrs/2015-16 Season's Pass subscription to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE. Could have gotten any family share plans - $10. I am located in Quebec fyi
No tab pricing for the plan is $70 - and without a tab there's no commitment - so they're giving you $10 off per month . . . for how many months? Usually they limit it to 12.

It's pretty much as good as they give these days, so you might as well take it - you can always leave Rogers or change to a new plan if something better comes along.
Temp. Banned
Nov 19, 2006
162 posts
9 upvotes
fredsmith wrote:
Sep 14th, 2015 4:29 am
No tab pricing for the plan is $70 - and without a tab there's no commitment - so they're giving you $10 off per month . . . for how many months? Usually they limit it to 12.

It's pretty much as good as they give these days, so you might as well take it - you can always leave Rogers or change to a new plan if something better comes along.
I accepted the offer right away as I know I won't get anything better. $10 credit is for 12 months and the rep put a note on my account to renew the $10 for another 12 months or give my a better plan if available in 12 months. I just have to call back, not sure if there's any truth to that though. We all know how they can manipulate the notes even with an interaction number. Overall the agent was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3588 posts
1058 upvotes
Are there more options if you call in? I need something between the 9GB and 15GB plans shown online. 12GB would be great.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3588 posts
1058 upvotes
milhaus wrote:
Share everything + is showing on the website for me, what's the difference compared to what was there previously? Just the Spotify, Shomi, Next Issue offer?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3071 posts
564 upvotes
tietherope wrote:
Sep 14th, 2015 8:46 am
Share everything + is showing on the website for me, what's the difference compared to what was there previously? Just the Spotify, Shomi, Next Issue offer?
Yeah, and they changed the data amounts (i believe decreased by 1gb).
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3588 posts
1058 upvotes
hvc wrote:
Sep 14th, 2015 9:56 am
Yeah, and they changed the data amounts (i believe decreased by 1gb).
Decrease but keep the same price? I'd believe it.
May 14, 2013
377 posts
307 upvotes
Edmonton
Took me a total of 3 hours over the span of 2 days to get the following. NOTE: Below offer is only valid for MB residence only.

$70 plus taxes (2 year term)
- Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
- Unlimited International Text, MMS and Picture Messaging (while in Canada/US)
- 6GB Data
- Unlimited Visual Voicemail
- Standard Voicemail
- Call Forwarding/Transfer
- Call Display
- Name Display
- Choice of subscription with Shomi OR Spotify OR Next Issue (for entire duration of contract)

+$125 Hardware Credit
+$20 Activation Fee Waived
+$5 credit for Value Pack (International text) for 1 year (my plan would be $75 without this). **Was provided additional interaction # to call in after 12 months to get the 2nd year credited too as their system didn't allow them to apply 2 year credits.

So I ended up using the hardware credit for the iPhone 6S Plus 64GB.

Just a side note. My existing plan ends on September 25th and my monthly bills come out to $71 all-in (minus Canada LD). With the new contract I'd be paying about $8 more per month, but that is reasonable considering the increased price for the new iPhones.

The first 3 Retention Reps bs'ed me and said that in order for me to get the same plan I had to get a $100 plan on a year 2 contract to also get the phone subsidized. They made me cry internally... But didn't lose my cool and just kept trying and finally got a competent Rep. He was able to offer me the above plan and indicated that it was a special promo that was only available to MB residence only for calling in. This was awesome news to me because it would keep my monthly bills similar to what I used to pay.

Also, I spoke with Corporate and they told me that Federal Public Servants are eligible for a $60 (2.5 GB) or $70 (5 GB) plan, this is available Canada Wide and is not restricted to province. The only difference is that the Corporate $70 plan offers Unlimited Canada/US calling. Which is quite handy for frequent travellers to the US. All that is required for verification is to provide a valid work e-mail address and just need to forward an e-mail back to them that they send you to confirm that you are the owner of that e-mail. Personally, I don't plan on switching to the Corporate Plan but it was something I considered when they threw that trash $100 plan at me at the beginning. Just fyi, Corporate Plans are not eligible for Hardware Credits. So if you do negotiate credits with Consumer Retentions, I would recommend you take advantage of those credits on the Consumer end and have them apply the credits immediately, and then change over to Corporate to take advantage of the cheaper monthly bill (if it is cheaper than the consumer plan you negotiated). I was honest with the Retentions guy and let him know that was what I was planning to do and asked him if there were any issues. He was very blunt and said "Yes that will work and there's nothing to stop you from doing it. But it is sneaky." I told him I was a ninja, and then he proceeded to offer me the $70 consumer retentions plan. True Story.

Hope this helps some of you. Keep on fighting!
Sep 13, 2015
12 posts
North York, ON
Hi guys,

I'm a "loyal" Rogers customer in Toronto. By "loyal" I mean I've been with their internet, cable tv and wireless service for 15+ years and have never paid late. Right now, I'm paying a heavy $260 per month for all 3 services, taxes in.

I have an iPhone 5 plan and my 2 year plan ends this month:

Unlimited Voice $35
Value Pack $11
6GB data $30
Gov't Regulatory recovery fee $2.13
Total $78.13 (before taxes)

My questions are:

1) Will this 6GB plan expire after my 2 year subscription is up (i.e. this month) or will it continue indefinitely?
2) I want to buy a new iPhone 6S 128gig, should I buy the subsidized phone from Rogers and lock into a new 2-year Plan (would they still continue my existing 6 gig plan or force me to adopt one of their new more expensive plans?) OR so should I just buy unlocked at Apple for $1,159 and continue my nice 6 gig plan?

Thanks for any help guys - it's been a while since I played the Rogers retention game, so a bit rusty. ;)