Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Mar 22, 2004
392 posts
173 upvotes
London, ON
KingAli wrote:
Jul 26th, 2016 4:19 pm
Poor guy... Hopefully he didn't lose his job after that.
NeedVIP's new plan is probably subsidized out of the guys' paycheque ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1352 posts
190 upvotes
I have a Corp plan so maybe wrong thread.... But did anyone else just get this email?
Dear Valued Customer

RE: Your Rogers Wireless Number XXXXXXXXXX,

At Rogers, we're committed to offering you the highest quality of products and services. That's why we have invested $6 billion in the last three years alone in upgrades to our technology to continue bringing you the best possible wireless services and coverage.

As part of our efforts to provide the best mobile offerings, the wireless plan that you are currently subscribed to is being phased out. As a result, we will be moving you to another price plan.

These changes will take effect as of August 25, 2016. The monthly service fee for your wireless plan is increasing to $65 (plus applicable taxes). This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. Please refer to your most recent invoice for your current monthly services fees.

Your new wireless service plan will include the following features:

Unlimited Local Voice Minutes
National Rogers to Rogers Calling, Call Display
6GB Domestic Data
Your Current Long Distance Calling Features
Overage Rates Where Applicable: $0.10/Min Local Voice Calling, $0.10/Min Canadian Long-Distance Calling, $0.20/Min USA Long-Distance Calling, $0.05/MB Domestic Data

If you wish to respond to this letter or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your wireless services, please call us at 1 844 776-4377.

We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you stay connected to what matters most.

Thank you for continuing to choose Rogers.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Sep 19, 2008
104 posts
5 upvotes
Yes I just got it. I'm guessing you're thinking WTF like I am right now. I had NO notice of this and they're breaking the news only a month beforehand? I got an email before from my workplace talking about rogers plans changing but that were actually getting CHEAPER. My plan is going up by almost 10 bucks now. I can't believe this. Can the CRTC even help with this? It's not the first time Rogers has royally screwed me one year into my contract.
Nov 20, 2012
287 posts
167 upvotes
OTTAWA
eightyeight wrote:
Jul 26th, 2016 7:16 pm
I have a Corp plan so maybe wrong thread.... But did anyone else just get this email?
Yep and on the phone with retentions right now and said there is nothing they can do....total BS.
Will be submitting a formal complaint to the CRTC.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17243 posts
3996 upvotes
Toronto
Are people bundling Rogers corporate wireless plans with stuff like cable and internet? If so, should you expect the same sorts of discounts?

Currently I only have Rogers cable, and the loyalty deals they have offered me suck. I'd consider getting a Rogers corporate wireless plan (as I have access to it at work), but it would be pointless if I don't get bundle savings for wireless + cable. I'm currently on Fido, with an OK promotional plan from 2012.
Sep 6, 2007
86 posts
4 upvotes
eightyeight wrote:
Jul 26th, 2016 7:16 pm
This will make you puke

http://www.rogers.com/web/ir/financial- ... l-history/

Financial History
Years ended December 31,
(In millions of dollars, except per share amounts)

2015 Revenue
Wireless $7,651

2015 Adjusted operating profit 1
Wireless $3,239
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1074 posts
187 upvotes
The banks do it all the time. Unfortunately Canadians are known to be laid back when it comes to these things. With interest rates, Banks do it all the time. They will raise ur interest rates with Cc, line of credits etc. it is really bad, but u know they are literally robbing u right infront of u, not behind ur back.

This is the way its going, we are basically just getting robbed...unfortunately the profits are never shared among the customers, but the losses are. Isn't that how the government works. When the economy is great, the people keep paying into it, but when the economy fails.....people still keep paying into it.

Good luck to all, i just hope our younger generation are being taught better, otherwise they are in for a real treat....
$52.xx all in..
Nov 30, 2010
78 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
I got that same email regarding the $10 increase on my Corp 350 plan yesterday. Not happy at all regarding it. Looks like I am finally going to do my switch over to Bell as our work had a decent corp plan with them. Been with Rogers for 12 years straight but I doubt they care about that.
Oct 12, 2014
660 posts
199 upvotes
London, ON
prix57 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2016 10:46 am
I got that same email regarding the $10 increase on my Corp 350 plan yesterday. Not happy at all regarding it. Looks like I am finally going to do my switch over to Bell as our work had a decent corp plan with them. Been with Rogers for 12 years straight but I doubt they care about that.
Same here
Nov 30, 2010
78 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Just called Rogers and complained about this. They pretty much said take it or leave it. I told them they lost a 12 year loyal Rogers Customer.

To Bell I go.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1074 posts
187 upvotes
The unfortunate part is that there are really no legit viable options.....

Lets hope we can find some and relieve people from this misery that has become the trend of our telecommunication sector in the last 10 years..
$52.xx all in..
Nov 23, 2012
263 posts
59 upvotes
Is this $5 increase affecting everyone? I've only received a notice about TMN increasing $3 I have 6 lines with Roger's 4 of them are not on contract.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3292 posts
1314 upvotes
GTA
Is anyone on a Rogers Business ShareEverything plan but having issues with getting Spotify?

These idiots at Rogers are struggling to help me since July 15th. I can never get to the page to activate Spotify and they've confirmed my plan has it but they are just sitting on their asses.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3810 posts
2441 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Laugh at people who think loyalty for a business means something.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Dru7000, flekr1