Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Oct 8, 2013
68 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Jul 27th, 2016 9:22 pm
Is anyone on a Rogers Business ShareEverything plan but having issues with getting Spotify?

These idiots at Rogers are struggling to help me since July 15th. I can never get to the page to activate Spotify and they've confirmed my plan has it but they are just sitting on their asses.
I have the biz share everything plan and a free Spotify account was never part of the plan? It's only for the consumer share everything plan. I asked several times and they always said the same thing, it's not included in the business version.
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Jul 27th, 2016 9:22 pm
Is anyone on a Rogers Business ShareEverything plan but having issues with getting Spotify?

These idiots at Rogers are struggling to help me since July 15th. I can never get to the page to activate Spotify and they've confirmed my plan has it but they are just sitting on their asses.
It's part of plan but you have to tell Rogers to switch you over to the consumer side. Transfer your business account to consumer side then you can sigh up. I'm sure right now you log in from business site but you need to be able to log in from Rogers.com.
Dec 19, 2013
10 posts
CALGARY
I'd like to get a better plan/get a new iphone, here is my current situation

- In Alberta
- with Rogers, out of contract
- 1 gb (+ $15 flex for every 1gb I go over, which is all the time)
- Unlimited local talk and text
Total:$70 (if I dont go over on data) I used to have a $20 retention credit applied when I first got this plan, so it was $50 but that's gone now.

My average data usage is 2 - 2.5gb (I use Spotify on wifi and also use ShawGo hotspot wireless, but still end up paying $100 as I go over my 1gb twice for an additional $30 which BITES)

I'd like to get the iPhone SE 64gb.

The best deal that Retention offered me was:
- iPhone SE 64gb $230.00 for cost of phone (same price as instore/on website)
- 3gb data
- unlmtd local calls and messages
- Total $90 (with $10 credit applied for 1 year)

I'm not very impressed by this, especially after reading this thread, so I'm sitting on the offer for now, currently waiting to talk to Telus to see if they can beat that. REALLY I would wait for the iPhone 7 release, but I feel like my phone is on it's last legs and I dont want to be without one unexpectedly, especially for an upcoming vacation in 2 weeks.

Any advice?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1316 posts
372 upvotes
Calgary
I got the letter today. The only difference from what I got vs other posters is that it outlined that people in contracts right now will still have the rate increase, but will also be credited $5 back which will expire at the end of the term.
Basically this is Rogers learning their lesson from all us people still on the grandfathered 6GB Super Plan that dodged a bunch of price increases that occurred when we were still under contract.

I just searched around, even with the awesome Public Mobile deal it's still not worth it for me to leave Rogers, can't get anywhere near as much data for the $75+tax incl. that I'm paying right now. I was going to try calling retentions but reading the comments here it sounds like it's not even worth my time.

Edit: Might dig into the corp plans and see if it's worth hiding out in there.
Oct 1, 2008
53 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
theplayground wrote:
Jul 12th, 2016 4:50 pm
Is this with the subsidy or without a subsidy. This is a great plan actually if you can upgrade without increasing the price of your plan. $90 for a primary line with 7GB data. I am assuming this has a discount attached to it as well rite..?

So basically each line with 2.3 GB data is costing you $60 each which is not bad at all. I believe your plan will increase if you get a subsidy for each additional lines.

Thanks
To follow up, yes you are correct, I am not getting new phones on the existing 2 lines. I could do a smart tab at these prices and sell the phone to make some money but I don't have time for the hassle. My wife and I both like what we are currently using. I did manage to get the monthly price down on the 2nd line as well as the price for the new phone on the 3rd line. So I agreed to this:

I am in Ontario.

Share Everything Canada Wide with 7 GB Data.
Line 1: $90.
Line 2: $35.
Line 3 (new premium tab): $45.
So comes to $170 / month for the 3 lines which is better than I can do on the current Corporate plan I am eligible for.

The new phone on the 3rd line is a Galaxy S7 Edge. I got it credited down to $49.
I also got them to give me a $100 good will bill credit which they put on my account immediately while I was on the phone with them.

I not super excited like I used to be years ago with the retentions offers you could receive but I am happy based on what I seen is the typical offers right now in my province.

I will also say that the rep I talked to was very courteous and helpful which honestly has always been my personal experience with Rogers. Not so with Bell where I have other services.
Feb 22, 2009
139 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
i was just offered this: dont know if its worth it
4gig
unlimited canada wide
voicemail, caller id, ect
100$
10$ credit
66.66$ (credit for 6months of free insurance)
300$ renewal credit
Nexus 6 for free or
s7 edge for 99 or
s7 for free
plus tax

anythinng else i should be asking for?
Jul 28, 2016
9 posts
moltender wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 12:32 pm
4gig
unlimited canada wide
100$
10$ credit
300$ renewal credit
Nexus 6 for free or
s7 edge for 99 or
s7 for free
plus tax

What's the "$300 renewal credit" and whats Free Insurance?
Sep 27, 2007
34 posts
xxx
moltender wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 12:32 pm
4gig
unlimited canada wide
100$
10$ credit
300$ renewal credit
Nexus 6 for free or
s7 edge for 99 or
s7 for free
plus tax

So what are you paying monthly then?
Sep 27, 2007
34 posts
xxx
They took away chopping on my plan every time, sometime without telling me anything. One day I found out my voice mail was not working. They removed value pack because did audit on my account and found there were too many credits on my account. I called complained once the CR told me if I continue to complain they will cancel all credits. So I shut my mouth. When I called back they keep messing with it and price kept going up. As of last month I lost all credits.

My existing Rogers plan:
6gb
My 10 canadawide
450 minutes
VVM, ND, CD, Who called, Unlim Long Distance, R2R, Unlim local, Unlim incomming, 500 intern TXT, 6PM E+W,

My plan went from $40 in 2012 and slowly creeped up and now it's $79 BT (including the $5 fee they addede just now), costs almost double from few years back...
This is still a very good plan, however, I find I don't use 6gb on once single device. I have 2 phones and 2 tablets, I would like to share that data, but nope. You can't add devices. I would have to go with Share plan with 6gb and add 3 devices would cost me $150 easily.

I found now another LTE provider, will cost me $79 for 1 phone (3gb LTE data only) and 2nd phone (voice only with 150min E+W, unlim txt CD/Intern, ND, CD, VM and Who Called) and 1 tablet (3gb LTE data only). It's less lower than what I have but all I care is to be able to have 3 devices powered for the same money and share the 6gb data. All for $79. Not bad if considering 3 devices on account.

Rogers Rententions could not match, they offered me a 4 gb share plan and by adding 2 devices it would still be more at $95.

It's clear Rogers wants to maintain margins at all costs and get rid of people who argue every time. One rep told me on the phone that Rogers doesn't mind if people leave because Rogers sees themselves as a "High-End" phone company. OK I get it.

Worse thing, I was about to offer my existing plan to whoever wants to take it over for free. However, I can't!!!

I need to port my number, but if I port it away from Rogers, the current plan is automatically cancelled and I would never get it back! So I can't offer you guys my plan, I would give it for free, but because I need to keep my number it wont be possible. Rogers doesn't allow me to take number with me and keep the existing Rogers plan alive.

That's crazy.
Sep 27, 2007
34 posts
xxx
moltender wrote:
Jul 31st, 2016 11:53 pm
90$ plus tax
Thats a lot, same plan was offered me but for $75 but without the hardware credits. I would add $10 for an additional phone and $10 tablet, total $95.
May 6, 2015
649 posts
161 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Ughhh this company is so crooked. I received the letter as well. Bill will increase by $5/line and I have 3 lines. Can we all start complainin to crtc please. It can make a difference, otherwise this will become a norm for these a holes
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10646 posts
2871 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Is anyone that has received these increase notices still under contract? If so, then that would be a get out of jail free card in terms of getting out of your contract without a penalty. Of course that only has value of you have somewhere else to go.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12016 posts
3905 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ceredon wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2016 8:27 am
Is anyone that has received these increase notices still under contract? If so, then that would be a get out of jail free card in terms of getting out of your contract without a penalty. Of course that only has value of you have somewhere else to go.
I suspect for those still under contract, their discounts will increase to offset the price increase and thereby their net bill would remain the same until their contract finishes and their monthly rate will then increase. They wouldn't let you off the hook that easily.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)