Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Apr 8, 2013
37 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
gotrice wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 4:43 pm
I called Rogers today, I got offered a "premium" plan with 5gb of data and 200$ for the s7 edge for 95$/month. But I went to bestbuy because their giving a free s7 edge with trade-in of any phone with a 2 contract.
The guys at bestbuy told me I should sign with them with a generic plan and get the free phone and then call Rogers again to switch my plan to their offer.
Does that sound right? Sounds odd to me because I'm signing a contract for one plan then have it switched to another plan, I assume I would have to pay a fee to switch plans
I went to wireless wave... You should be able to call rogers and get a plan you like, or keep the one you have, then go into best buy (if you can find a good associate) and get your $0 phone and attach it to that plan. Get an interaction ID from the phone rep and the best buy person should be able to set it up. The guy at best buy kept saying to me I needed a "premium plus" plan to get the phone for $0, but that is not true, you don't want one of those plans. And thats why i gave up on best buy. You should also be able to price match with best buy to get a S7 for $0 with the rep over the phone via bill credits. Then get an interaction ID and get an associate at wireless wave to set you all up (they will call rogers and set it up for you with that interaction ID). I had to fight quite a bit with rogers and wireless wave to get the phone at $0. But the guy at wireless wave was who finally got the phone for me at $0. YMMV. The phone rep can always mail you the phone if you want to go that route.
Nov 23, 2009
836 posts
335 upvotes
Vaughan
Anyone able to get any Voice & Text retention plans? Looking for a plan for my parents and they don't need data
SSD
Aug 27, 2008
438 posts
150 upvotes
g3lo wrote:
Sep 5th, 2016 1:21 pm
Anyone know if this is legit?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone-servi ... nFlag=true

Plans seem to be awesome
Those services are likely legitimate, but it is very easy to set up the $48 Kodoo plan for yourself. A quick Google search will lead you to an informative thread on HF with nearly 300 pages of replies (I can't post the link or I would).
Rogers Line #1 (iPhone 4 32GB): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited R2R Calls | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $37.50 + GRRF = $40.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Rogers Line #2 (Blackberry Bold 9700): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited Network Calls + LD | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $42.50 + GRRF = $45.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Jun 9, 2008
154 posts
24 upvotes
I'm currently paying 95 per month for a 3+3GB share everything plan with 2 extra devices added on for 35 each, unlimited nationwide talk and text for all 3.

Was wondering if I'd be able to get something similar from retentions if I upgraded to the iPhone 7. The site says I'd be paying 200 total for all 3 devices rather than 165 (assuming I can even stay on the Smart Tab).

Or would I be better off buying an unlocked 7 and keeping my existing plan?
Aug 1, 2010
160 posts
5 upvotes
I have an old plan back from when Rogers use to give out a lot of credits. Although all but one of those credits have long since expired.

200 Minutes - 22.50 (was 17.50 but rogers just added $5)
1000 LD minutes - 5 ($10 minus a $5 LD credit)
Value Pack - 13.00 (voicemail, 2500 texts, call and name display)
6GB Data Plan - 30.00
GRRF 2.13
Total before tax: $72.63

I know this is still a good price compared to their normal plans but I was wondering if they offer any basic voice plans that simplify what I have. I don't get picture or video messaging so I get dinged for sending those. And most of their plans nowadays just give unlimited everything now (minutes, LD, text) but they hose you on the data price.

I guess what I'm asking is, does Rogers/retentions offer any voice plans that might save me a couple of bucks but doesn't mess with my 6GB data? Or will all new plans going to force me to give up the $30 data for something worse?
Nov 22, 2011
796 posts
163 upvotes
Batcave
This isn't really a big deal but originally the 5GB Share Everything plan only included free Gamecentre Live for the 2015-2016 season so when I logged in today to look at the WC2016 schedule I was happy to learn I can watch the tournament plus the upcoming NHL season for free!
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Apr 12, 2011
12 posts
Currently rogers in offering additional 3 GB data free when you add a tablet to your share everything plan. Can I use this and then take the SIM out and use it in my second phone? Instead of activating an additional phone to my rogers share everything plan.
Nov 28, 2005
36 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
chiefsparten wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 8:43 pm
I have an old plan back from when Rogers use to give out a lot of credits. Although all but one of those credits have long since expired.

200 Minutes - 22.50 (was 17.50 but rogers just added $5)
1000 LD minutes - 5 ($10 minus a $5 LD credit)
Value Pack - 13.00 (voicemail, 2500 texts, call and name display)
6GB Data Plan - 30.00
GRRF 2.13
Total before tax: $72.63

I know this is still a good price compared to their normal plans but I was wondering if they offer any basic voice plans that simplify what I have. I don't get picture or video messaging so I get dinged for sending those. And most of their plans nowadays just give unlimited everything now (minutes, LD, text) but they hose you on the data price.

I guess what I'm asking is, does Rogers/retentions offer any voice plans that might save me a couple of bucks but doesn't mess with my 6GB data? Or will all new plans going to force me to give up the $30 data for something worse?

I just called today and was able to get a $30 base plan and keep my old 6gb add on.
Base Plan: 300 daytime mins + unlimited evenings and weekends. Rogers Rep says it includes vm, cid, ld, unlimited text/picture messages.

I won't know for sure since I did ask the rep. to start it my next billing period.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2150 posts
356 upvotes
4gen_accord wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2016 11:38 pm
Looking for some guidance...

I'm currently with rogers and have been a rogers customer for well over 10 years. I'm currently using iphone 5s unlocked fully paid off. My current iphone is beginning to show signs of problems and I'd like to replace it. The question is should i stay stick with my super plan and do BYOD or should i sign up for a new plan?

Here is what i currently have:

$60
6 GB
200 daytime
unlimited evening/weekends after 6
my10
unlimted txt, pic, vid.

$5 value pack
$5 CID

$5 recent increase from Rogers
- $5 credit for 12 month.
70 plus hst

or
$90 (loyalty) - 2 year contract - credit towards new phone (unknown for now)
7 GB
unlimited NA calling
roam like home
all features, VM, CID, etc
$90+hst

any thoughts?
Basically on the same boat and I tried to get the plan that you were offered and I'm not getting anything close to what you got.

if you can get a code or whatever to share the love, hook it up!

i have the same tenure with Rogers as you.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1068 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
I'm currently with the 5GB share everything plan (+1 device = wife's); I'm paying ~140 (which should be the regular price...) wondering if I can get a better deal with 2 new phones?

Dude on store said that it'd add 20 for each phone, plus something for the phones upfront. getting that $90 deal, +55 from line2 premium tab (which could be cheaper) would be roughly the same I'm paying right now... how can I get that price? through Retentions?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Aug 1, 2010
160 posts
5 upvotes
Layze wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 4:40 pm
I just called today and was able to get a $30 base plan and keep my old 6gb add on.
Base Plan: 300 daytime mins + unlimited evenings and weekends. Rogers Rep says it includes vm, cid, ld, unlimited text/picture messages.

I won't know for sure since I did ask the rep. to start it my next billing period.
Was this through retentions or is it a basic plan any rep can give?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1051 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
My Super 6GB plan just increased to $65 ...... + $ value pack my bill is now close to $85 with tax.... def looking to switch soon.
Nov 28, 2005
36 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
chiefsparten wrote:
Sep 10th, 2016 5:01 am

Was this through retentions or is it a basic plan any rep can give?
Might be any rep since i didn't need to be transferred elsewhere.