1 posts
4gen_accord wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2016 11:38 pm
7 GB
unlimited NA calling
roam like home
all features, VM, CID, etc
$90+hst
This is a good deal. Is it a share everything + plan?

I've been looking to switch from my 6GB super plan for a while as they keep on creeping it up. unlimited north american calling would be amazing. I'm with c_snapper... share they love if you can.
Aug 1, 2010
160 posts
5 upvotes
Layze wrote:
Sep 10th, 2016 1:15 pm
Might be any rep since i didn't need to be transferred elsewhere.
All right thanks. I'll look into this. Looks like it'll save me a couple bucks if it can replace my old voice and value pack.
Jan 13, 2016
6 posts
So iam one month away from the end of my contract with $20 left on premium tab. I have the 4 gb share plan nationwide cd,mailbox for $80 pluss $65 for the wife and $35x2 phones for the in-laws. I called rogers and the dude I talked to said I can upgrade to the s7 for 0 after trading in my g3 for the 200 credit and still keep my old plan. I talked to an online rogers 3 hours earlier and they said I would have to upgrade my plan to a premium + plan. Who the fudge is the correct one? Always two different opinions when you call rogers.
Sep 4, 2016
3 posts
jayman69 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2016 4:18 pm
So iam one month away from the end of my contract with $20 left on premium tab. I have the 4 gb share plan nationwide cd,mailbox for $80 pluss $65 for the wife and $35x2 phones for the in-laws. I called rogers and the dude I talked to said I can upgrade to the s7 for 0 after trading in my g3 for the 200 credit and still keep my old plan. I talked to an online rogers 3 hours earlier and they said I would have to upgrade my plan to a premium + plan. Who the fudge is the correct one? Always two different opinions when you call rogers.
Did you get a reference number with the agent you spoke to on the phone? I've found that live chat agents are very much first level support. They only offer what the website shows and nothing more. I enquired with live chat about upgrading my second line and was told I would need to switch it to a premium+ plan as the primary line. I then called in Friday and after being transferred to a second tier support was offered to keep my current plan ($80/month primary, $45 secondary, 2.5 GB, unltd everything else) with the only change being a $10 increase to my secondary line. They also offered a $100 credit off the upfront cost. I took the reference number as he said I'd be able to take some time to decide.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3348 posts
1961 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
jayman69 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2016 4:18 pm
Did you get an interaction ID for both of those conversation. Online rep has less authority of giving deals so he's probably quoting regular price.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Apr 5, 2012
177 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Might not be a good deal, but I was previously paying $115 for my wife's line (with hardware subsidy) and $65 for mine as a secondary line (with hardware subsidy). Called to see if they could do anything since my wife's hardware tab is $0 next month. He couldn't do anything she was particularly enamoured with on the hardware upgrade front, so it looks like she'll be leaving. The rep did, however, add a 12-month discount on the main line, bringing it down to $90 for that period and $100 after, regardless of whether she stays or I move to be the main line.

5GB share everything plan. Cheaper than we were paying, but no clue whether or not it's good in the big picture

*Edit*

Just got the confirmation email. Actual figures:

$10 monthly "service" discount applied for 12 months
Main line down from $115 to $100 per month
Second line down from $65 to $55 per month

Did better than I thought, and for pretty much no reason at all. The guy just offered it for no apparent reason.
Jan 15, 2015
21 posts
22 upvotes
Grassie, ON
porchemasi wrote:
Sep 10th, 2016 1:09 pm
My Super 6GB plan just increased to $65 ...... + $ value pack my bill is now close to $85 with tax.... def looking to switch soon.
Just had the exact same thing happen to me. Are they even allowed to spontaneously change the price without informing us? I'm currently off contract if that matters.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1625 posts
224 upvotes
Alberta
Layze wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 4:40 pm
chiefsparten wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 8:43 pm
I have an old plan back from when Rogers use to give out a lot of credits. Although all but one of those credits have long since expired.

200 Minutes - 22.50 (was 17.50 but rogers just added $5)
1000 LD minutes - 5 ($10 minus a $5 LD credit)
Value Pack - 13.00 (voicemail, 2500 texts, call and name display)
6GB Data Plan - 30.00
GRRF 2.13
Total before tax: $72.63

I know this is still a good price compared to their normal plans but I was wondering if they offer any basic voice plans that simplify what I have. I don't get picture or video messaging so I get dinged for sending those. And most of their plans nowadays just give unlimited everything now (minutes, LD, text) but they hose you on the data price.

I guess what I'm asking is, does Rogers/retentions offer any voice plans that might save me a couple of bucks but doesn't mess with my 6GB data? Or will all new plans going to force me to give up the $30 data for something worse?

I just called today and was able to get a $30 base plan and keep my old 6gb add on.
Base Plan: 300 daytime mins + unlimited evenings and weekends. Rogers Rep says it includes vm, cid, ld, unlimited text/picture messages.

I won't know for sure since I did ask the rep. to start it my next billing period.
Same boat as you guys.
Called and at first, he said he couldn't just change the voice plan. He checked again and said he could.
$30 - 6gb data
$35 - u/l canada wide calling and messaging, CD, VM
-$5 - monthly credit (I had this from before)

I hadn't touch my phone plan in probably 2 years after my last credits expired
Pretty easy call
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1051 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
PositivelyShocking wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 12:28 pm
porchemasi wrote:
My Super 6GB plan just increased to $65 ...... + $ value pack my bill is now close to $85 with tax.... def looking to switch soon.
Just had the exact same thing happen to me. Are they even allowed to spontaneously change the price without informing us? I'm currently off contract if that matters.
Same my contract just expired afew months ago. They said it was printed on my last 2 bills? I did not check.
Feb 5, 2007
476 posts
191 upvotes
East York
Layze wrote:
chiefsparten wrote:
I have an old plan back from when Rogers use to give out a lot of credits. Although all but one of those credits have long since expired.

6GB Data Plan - 30.00
GRRF 2.13

I know this is still a good price compared to their normal plans but I was wondering if they offer any basic voice plans that simplify what I have. I don't get picture or video messaging so I get dinged for sending those. And most of their plans nowadays just give unlimited everything now (minutes, LD, text) but they hose you on the data price.

I guess what I'm asking is, does Rogers/retentions offer any voice plans that might save me a couple of bucks but doesn't mess with my 6GB data? Or will all new plans going to force me to give up the $30 data for something worse?

I just called today and was able to get a $30 base plan and keep my old 6gb add on.
Base Plan: 300 daytime mins + unlimited evenings and weekends. Rogers Rep says it includes vm, cid, ld, unlimited text/picture messages.

I won't know for sure since I did ask the rep. to start it my next billing period.
I spoke to Rogers, they said this is a pay as you go plan??
Jun 27, 2009
335 posts
34 upvotes
tk_chan wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 4:33 pm
Layze wrote:
chiefsparten wrote:

6GB Data Plan - 30.00
GRRF 2.13

i called too....said they cannot change my grandfathered $25 voice plan without auto removing my 6gb data pack. only option i could do is break up my iphone vale pack from $16 to $13 (3 separate addons) to save a few bucks
Nov 28, 2005
36 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
tk_chan wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 4:33 pm

I don't think so as I don't see this listed on their prepaid section, unless i'm missing something. Maybe it's hit or miss pending the rep you get/targeted, as I did hear the rep mention they were looking through retention plans available to me.

As Chingyul mentioned, it was a easy call, though his/hers is slightly different than mine.
Apr 27, 2011
291 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
what is the best deal going around for iphone 6 with contract that just ended? I'm going to have call them before Friday and see if they can lower my bill, if not I'll prob switch to wind mobile since they offering cheaper plans.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2152 posts
356 upvotes
PositivelyShocking wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 12:28 pm
porchemasi wrote:
as much as people hate rogers, they did communicate the price increase via mail. you probably threw it out thinking it was just general spam.

i called to try to get a better/new deal since the 200 day time minutes is quite annoying, and even the rep was like, you have a REALLY GOOD plan. They did change my iphone value pack from a $16 pack to 2 $5 packs saving me 6 bucks...