Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Member
Apr 27, 2011
291 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
just called, got my bill lowered from $85 month to $65, best they can do. so well see how it goes for now. I may just switch in a couple months.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1622 posts
223 upvotes
Alberta
Layze wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 10:51 pm
tk_chan wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 4:33 pm

I spoke to Rogers, they said this is a pay as you go plan??
I don't think so as I don't see this listed on their prepaid section, unless i'm missing something. Maybe it's hit or miss pending the rep you get/targeted, as I did hear the rep mention they were looking through retention plans available to me.

As Chingyul mentioned, it was a easy call, though his/hers is slightly different than mine.
"His"
They screw up my plan change though. Somehow my data plan got dropped.
Called back in and got another great rep. She couldn't do it directly but after talking with her manager, they put in a request to add back in the data plan and gave me a $30 one time goodwill credit in case I needed to do some 1 day data passes while they fixed the problem.
Still not fixed yet, but I no reason to believe it won't be.
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2007
145 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
I called this morning re my internet & wireless. After we're done, the rep decided to review my wireless without me prompting...I didn't ask cos I gave up long time ago! and was actually thinking of switching to something cheaper at Fido with less gb data.
Anyway, I was surprised when the rep came back and said he can just change the voice plan to a $30 300 mins base plan and I can KEEP my old $30 6gb dataplan - all for about $60 tax included. Really? I'll take it.

I had one of those old retention plan before: $25 250mins voice (just up from $20) + $30 6gb data + $13 VP (up from $10 to $11 to $13) + $0.75 911fee + $6.95 SAF. Lots of credits expired last yr and my wireless bill went from $50 tax included to almost $80 on my most recent Sept bill.

New
$30 300 weekday mins + unltd evening from 6pm/weekends + unltd text/pic/video msgs + call display + voicemail (3 msg)
$30 old 6gb data
$0 100 mins Cdn long distance (no expiry - i had this for many years and he said i can keep it)
subtotal $60
less: 12% bundle discount $7.20
subtotal $52.80
Taxes $6.86
Total $59.66

I think this is as good as it gets in Ontario...unless i give up 6gb data. I asked for the changes to be made effective immediately...don't want to wait till the next billing cycle...I'll just deal with the prorated bill next month!
Anyway, just logged onto myrogers and the changes are there as discussed. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Member
Jun 27, 2009
335 posts
34 upvotes
cotton wrote:
Sep 14th, 2016 4:56 pm
I called this morning re my internet & wireless. After we're done, the rep decided to review my wireless without me prompting...I didn't ask cos I gave up long time ago! and was actually thinking of switching to something cheaper at Fido with less gb data.
Anyway, I was surprised when the rep came back and said he can just change the voice plan to a $30 300 mins base plan and I can KEEP my old $30 6gb dataplan - all for about $60 tax included. Really? I'll take it.

I had one of those old retention plan before: $25 250mins voice (just up from $20) + $30 6gb data + $13 VP (up from $10 to $11 to $13) + $0.75 911fee + $6.95 SAF. Lots of credits expired last yr and my wireless bill went from $50 tax included to almost $80 on my most recent Sept bill.

New
$30 300 weekday mins + unltd evening from 6pm/weekends + unltd text/pic/video msgs + call display + voicemail (3 msg)
$30 old 6gb data
$0 100 mins Cdn long distance (no expiry - i had this for many years and he said i can keep it)
subtotal $60
less: 12% bundle discount $7.20
subtotal $52.80
Taxes $6.86
Total $59.66

I think this is as good as it gets in Ontario...unless i give up 6gb data. I asked for the changes to be made effective immediately...don't want to wait till the next billing cycle...I'll just deal with the prorated bill next month!
Anyway, just logged onto myrogers and the changes are there as discussed. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
do you have a code? tried this 2 days ago and not even a sniff? does it have to be part of a bundle? i have my wireless separate from my cable/internet/home phone as i had it from way before
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2007
145 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
No, I don't have the code. On myrogers, the $30 300mins base plan is labelled as "Loyalty Voice Plan - No Tab $30/mth". FYI, I called 1888-ROGERS-1 (account changes/internet) and requested callback. This rep called me back like 10mins later...i assumed he's just a normal rep and not Retentions, and he gave me this deal. AFAIK, wireless is separate - I've been off contract for about 12 mths and my cable/internet/homephone are still under a 2yr contract that started July2015.
Try again...and hope you'll get a better rep!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 6, 2005
11009 posts
2575 upvotes
rmajor wrote:
Aug 29th, 2016 11:23 pm
Shared everything plan with the wife.

Her plan is $115 - 30% corp discount
My added line is $35

Works out to $129 including taxes/month for 9gb shared data. She uses maybe 300mb lol. The rest is mine:)

I brought my own device and she got a free s5.

Note: I cancelled my old 6gb superplan for this as it was the cheapest way for her to get to use some data. She had an old flip phone for years. Retentions would not apply my credits again on my superplan after it expired.
Now it's $115 for 5GB of data, I have the same 30% corp discount... looking to upgrade my device, have weighed out all scenarios and even with the subsidy, it's not bad, I will end up paying about $450 for the phone, with $175 credit on an iPhone 4s trade (bought it for $20 off of someone, no cracks, works great). Currently my plan is still the $90 minus 30% so after my tab, I will be at $73 per month, instead of $63... but I figure in the 2 years I am paying the tab, they could most likely ungrandfather this plan like they did with the CORP350 and i'll be at $73 anyhow, without the subsidied phone. WOndering though, how you got 9 GB shared? The wife is currently using the Petro Mobility $15 plan, but I would switch her back if we could have 9GB to share, instead of 5 GB.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1044 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 12:35 pm
rmajor wrote:
Aug 29th, 2016 11:23 pm
Shared everything plan with the wife.

Her plan is $115 - 30% corp discount
My added line is $35

Works out to $129 including taxes/month for 9gb shared data. She uses maybe 300mb lol. The rest is mine:)

I brought my own device and she got a free s5.

Note: I cancelled my old 6gb superplan for this as it was the cheapest way for her to get to use some data. She had an old flip phone for years. Retentions would not apply my credits again on my superplan after it expired.
Now it's $115 for 5GB of data, I have the same 30% corp discount... looking to upgrade my device, have weighed out all scenarios and even with the subsidy, it's not bad, I will end up paying about $450 for the phone, with $175 credit on an iPhone 4s trade (bought it for $20 off of someone, no cracks, works great). Currently my plan is still the $90 minus 30% so after my tab, I will be at $73 per month, instead of $63... but I figure in the 2 years I am paying the tab, they could most likely ungrandfather this plan like they did with the CORP350 and i'll be at $73 anyhow, without the subsidied phone. WOndering though, how you got 9 GB shared? The wife is currently using the Petro Mobility $15 plan, but I would switch her back if we could have 9GB to share, instead of 5 GB.

how can I get this corp plan? just say this CORP350 (code?) - or do I actually need to be in some corporation.

I'm paying the regular plan share+1 (wife's) - 5gb shared , 150ish +tax, byod, no contract. Anything would be better than my plan plan
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2009
150 posts
19 upvotes
Markham
Out of curiosity since it has not reflected on my bill, has anyone on the CORP350 plan who received the notice actually had their price increased? Billing for Sept - Oct came out and the prices are the same as prior months.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 6, 2005
11009 posts
2575 upvotes
neonic wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 12:52 pm
jackass_ca wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 12:35 pm
rmajor wrote:
Aug 29th, 2016 11:23 pm
Shared everything plan with the wife.

Her plan is $115 - 30% corp discount
My added line is $35

Works out to $129 including taxes/month for 9gb shared data. She uses maybe 300mb lol. The rest is mine:)

I brought my own device and she got a free s5.

Note: I cancelled my old 6gb superplan for this as it was the cheapest way for her to get to use some data. She had an old flip phone for years. Retentions would not apply my credits again on my superplan after it expired.
Now it's $115 for 5GB of data, I have the same 30% corp discount... looking to upgrade my device, have weighed out all scenarios and even with the subsidy, it's not bad, I will end up paying about $450 for the phone, with $175 credit on an iPhone 4s trade (bought it for $20 off of someone, no cracks, works great). Currently my plan is still the $90 minus 30% so after my tab, I will be at $73 per month, instead of $63... but I figure in the 2 years I am paying the tab, they could most likely ungrandfather this plan like they did with the CORP350 and i'll be at $73 anyhow, without the subsidied phone. WOndering though, how you got 9 GB shared? The wife is currently using the Petro Mobility $15 plan, but I would switch her back if we could have 9GB to share, instead of 5 GB.

how can I get this corp plan? just say this CORP350 (code?) - or do I actually need to be in some corporation.

I'm paying the regular plan share+1 (wife's) - 5gb shared , 150ish +tax, byod, no contract. Anything would be better than my plan plan
CORP350 was grandfathered a while back, some say you can still get it, but after losing mine (someone did a fraud attempt on my account, changed a bunch of stuff etc), the BACK ROOM staff or whoever they say is the ultimate be all and end all could not add it back, I have called several times over the last 2 years... it was a great plan, but you needed a certain code for gov't or corporation etc to qualify.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Sr. Member
Aug 3, 2006
591 posts
383 upvotes
So my Dad works for the government and gets 30% off his bill but the plan that he has is not very good. Would retentions still offer him retention plans even though he gets 30% off.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11638 posts
5762 upvotes
Southern Ontario
bunshichi wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 1:49 pm
Out of curiosity since it has not reflected on my bill, has anyone on the CORP350 plan who received the notice actually had their price increased? Billing for Sept - Oct came out and the prices are the same as prior months.
I got the notice in mid Aug on one account (I have 2) saying it was going up $9 that the plan doesn't exist anymore yet no notice on the second one, and no increases so far, although I suspect the change on the next statement Oct-Nov.

Kind of a bummer they can arbitrarily increase my bill $120, potentially $240/year just like that.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2009
150 posts
19 upvotes
Markham
AncasterRFD wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 8:17 am
bunshichi wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 1:49 pm
Out of curiosity since it has not reflected on my bill, has anyone on the CORP350 plan who received the notice actually had their price increased? Billing for Sept - Oct came out and the prices are the same as prior months.
I got the notice in mid Aug on one account (I have 2) saying it was going up $9 that the plan doesn't exist anymore yet no notice on the second one, and no increases so far, although I suspect the change on the next statement Oct-Nov.

Kind of a bummer they can arbitrarily increase my bill $120, potentially $240/year just like that.

It is kind of curious, I have 6 lines on the account and only one of them got targeted. But the one that is targeted is going up to 65 from 47 (Gov Plan which existed before CORP350), while other increase notices I have seen on RFD mention 50 to 59. My suspicion is that these will be sweeping changes for all Grandfathered plans, and they are sending out in waves from the oldest plans first.

Since I ordered a new dual sim phone have been considering going on separate plans voice only/data only to take advantage of Fido's 3GB promo.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11638 posts
5762 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Weird since they didn't touch my lower priced CORP350 6GB account.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 22, 2011
776 posts
146 upvotes
Batcave
Hey guys,

I am currently on a 5GB Share Everything plan and would like to add a new line + device for a family member. I would like to get them an iPhone but it doesn't have to be the latest one, even the 6S or SE model would do.

Been reading back a few pages, seems like an additional line is $30? Think I can go any lower?

What sort of price can I get for those iPhones? The same price listed at http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/compare-iphones or possibly lower?

Thanks!
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Member
Jan 3, 2013
226 posts
77 upvotes
NORTH YORK
FalconR wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 7:12 pm
Hey guys,

I am currently on a 5GB Share Everything plan and would like to add a new line + device for a family member. I would like to get them an iPhone but it doesn't have to be the latest one, even the 6S or SE model would do.

Been reading back a few pages, seems like an additional line is $30? Think I can go any lower?

What sort of price can I get for those iPhones? The same price listed at http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/compare-iphones or possibly lower?

Thanks!
IMO, lowest BYOP will be$40, to get a 5se may add up to $55 with 100~200 transfer credits if u transfer from other provider.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)