Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Aug 18, 2008
7 posts
1 upvote
Canada
Called Retentions and Corp. for best offers on my account which are 3 seperate lines, basically mine is the Corp 350 with 5gb data totals $50, a basic voice and text for $35 and finally Canada wide voice and text with 1gb for $60.

Best offer I could get is this:

$110 7Gb Canada wide voice and text
-$15 for 12 months (call to reapply)
$55 for 2nd line with premium tab
$35 for basic line with no data or tab
+ $100 credit for any new hardware on the two lines upgrading.

Is there better offers available currently? Debating on upgrading now, waiting on Google Pixel XL or buying OnePlus 3s for two of us.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1598 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Any premium plus tab retention deals?
Sep 18, 2016
1 posts
My plan below:

Bring Your Own Device Plan: $79.00

Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes
Unlimited Text/Picture/Video
6 GB Shared Data

Value Pack: $5.00

Unlimited US & International Text/Picture/Video
Name Display
Preferred US & International Long Distance Rate

Total Monthly Charges: $84.00 + HST = $94.92

How is this plan? Think I can do any better?
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11281 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
They're pretty much forcing you to buy phones outright and continue month to month as long as you can with the $50/$35/$60 lines.
bigt511 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2016 6:57 pm
Called Retentions and Corp. for best offers on my account which are 3 seperate lines, basically mine is the Corp 350 with 5gb data totals $50, a basic voice and text for $35 and finally Canada wide voice and text with 1gb for $60.

Best offer I could get is this:

$110 7Gb Canada wide voice and text
-$15 for 12 months (call to reapply)
$55 for 2nd line with premium tab
$35 for basic line with no data or tab
+ $100 credit for any new hardware on the two lines upgrading.

Is there better offers available currently? Debating on upgrading now, waiting on Google Pixel XL or buying OnePlus 3s for two of us.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Apr 5, 2012
177 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if this is decent or not (like my last post), but just got my wife a 64GB iPhone 6S Plus for $119 on an upgrade
May 19, 2005
367 posts
3 upvotes
Chingyul wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 1:43 pm
Layze wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 4:40 pm
chiefsparten wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 8:43 pm
I have an old plan back from when Rogers use to give out a lot of credits. Although all but one of those credits have long since expired.

200 Minutes - 22.50 (was 17.50 but rogers just added $5)
1000 LD minutes - 5 ($10 minus a $5 LD credit)
Value Pack - 13.00 (voicemail, 2500 texts, call and name display)
6GB Data Plan - 30.00
GRRF 2.13
Total before tax: $72.63

I know this is still a good price compared to their normal plans but I was wondering if they offer any basic voice plans that simplify what I have. I don't get picture or video messaging so I get dinged for sending those. And most of their plans nowadays just give unlimited everything now (minutes, LD, text) but they hose you on the data price.

I guess what I'm asking is, does Rogers/retentions offer any voice plans that might save me a couple of bucks but doesn't mess with my 6GB data? Or will all new plans going to force me to give up the $30 data for something worse?

I just called today and was able to get a $30 base plan and keep my old 6gb add on.
Base Plan: 300 daytime mins + unlimited evenings and weekends. Rogers Rep says it includes vm, cid, ld, unlimited text/picture messages.

I won't know for sure since I did ask the rep. to start it my next billing period.
Same boat as you guys.
Called and at first, he said he couldn't just change the voice plan. He checked again and said he could.
$30 - 6gb data
$35 - u/l canada wide calling and messaging, CD, VM
-$5 - monthly credit (I had this from before)

I hadn't touch my phone plan in probably 2 years after my last credits expired
Pretty easy call

I just tried this and they said that it would automatically remove my old 6gb data pack :(
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3756 posts
2333 upvotes
Toronto and London
My S5 died and looking into whether I should buy a s7e outright or give up my grandfathered biz75 (unlimited NA calling, unlimited NA and INTL texting, 5gb data) for $75.

Does rogers offer any new plan close to this for a tenured customer that I can sign onto and get a subsidized s7e? Keep in mind that I am no longer working for same company so if I have to buy phone outright to keep Biz75 plan, I'll do that without question.

Thanks.
Jul 11, 2012
52 posts
124 upvotes
Winnipeg
Hi,

I would like to take advantage of the Rogers corporate discount from my work. I am not currently a Rogers customer.

Can I sign-up first at a retail store then apply for the corporate discount later?

Thanks.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12649 posts
4365 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lowie82ph wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 5:23 pm
Hi,

I would like to take advantage of the Rogers corporate discount from my work. I am not currently a Rogers customer.

Can I sign-up first at a retail store then apply for the corporate discount later?

Thanks.
I don't think so. the consumer lines are separate from the corporate/business lines. If your company offers a corporate discount on Rogers cellphones, then you need to go through the company's HR department (or whoever the Rogers business agent is responsible for your company). I believe everything goes through rogersdirect.ca nowadays for corporate/employee lines.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1650 posts
237 upvotes
Alberta
cupofmilk wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 12:10 am
Chingyul wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 1:43 pm
Layze wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 4:40 pm

I just called today and was able to get a $30 base plan and keep my old 6gb add on.
Base Plan: 300 daytime mins + unlimited evenings and weekends. Rogers Rep says it includes vm, cid, ld, unlimited text/picture messages.

I won't know for sure since I did ask the rep. to start it my next billing period.
Same boat as you guys.
Called and at first, he said he couldn't just change the voice plan. He checked again and said he could.
$30 - 6gb data
$35 - u/l canada wide calling and messaging, CD, VM
-$5 - monthly credit (I had this from before)

I hadn't touch my phone plan in probably 2 years after my last credits expired
Pretty easy call

I just tried this and they said that it would automatically remove my old 6gb data pack :(
Yeah, I'm still running into issues with this one. When they made the change, they dropped the data pack. Called back and said they'd add it back in, but it's taking a while to do.
They gave me a $30 credit to buy pay per use data if i needed it. Working OK so far as long as it gets resolved. Have work phone with Data.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1734 posts
529 upvotes
I called retention and got the below offer. Need some advice.

I am a current rogers customer 3 months to go on my contract.
Got a new offer for upgrade to iphone 7 plus 128 gb for $579. Got my early contract fee waived also.
I am paying $65 for
4gb unlimited call and ld canada wide.
unlimited txt and basic voice mail.
I'll be able to keep my current plan.
Life is tough but so are you
Nov 22, 2011
827 posts
168 upvotes
Batcave
I just called about adding a second line to my Share Everything plan and they gave me two offers, are either any good or trash?

($20 activation fee required for both)

A) $0 iphone se
$45/mo

B) $150 iphone se
$35/mo

Based on the math the second deal is a bit cheaper but still seems kind of expensive...
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Apr 14, 2008
250 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know if this would count as a deal or not, but I was offered 5gb for $20 as a tablet plan for my phone. I currently have an old retention plan that while awesome is costing me $82 a month and since I use my work phone for pretty much everything I wanted to reduce it. I think I'll pass on it but it seemed like a good price if you just needed data.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1181 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
Called rogers yesterday to see what they could offer me.

I'm a BYOP plan, 5GB share everything, 2 lines, unl local, for $140 (something like 105+35 for second) ; asked them to get something similar as that 4GB for $65 @xpressmerchant mentioned before, but didn't manage to get anything near similar. they weren't even making an effort.

I have access to some EPP plans with Telus, and had a look, ended up getting some $125 for 2 lines, 4GB, 300 min DT, blablabla with a free Galaxy S7 Edge + free iPhone 6S 128GB. adios Rogers. I think that by next week I'll be able to say I'm Rogers free :P (left them on internet+tv as well)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Oct 17, 2009
6 posts
12 upvotes
Got my bill and my old corporate plan was switched to this:

$65 6GB Loyalty Wireless Plan
Enhanced VM included in Plan
Unlimited Canada/US Ld

I was on a $30 voice + $30 data plan before + govt reg fee $2.13 - $8 corporate discount + additional features/discounts
I was paying $63.43 all in

Now with the $65 plan I get no corp discount (new employer) I can expect to pay $73.45/mth

I called the corporate dept and said there's nothing they can do, except a one time $50 credit. Anyone in a similar situation with a better result?

EDIT: Ontario
Last edited by aznbballer on Sep 23rd, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.