Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1622 posts
223 upvotes
Alberta
Whelp looks like no change for me.
Was suppose to change the voice part of my plan, which included the old 6gb data add on.
When they made the change, it dropped by data plan.

Just got a call back (after about 2 weeks of them working on it), and they said they can't make the new voice plan work with the old data add on (???).
So they're giving me a 6gb share everything plan in the meantime while they get me back on my old plan (6gb + 250 local calling)
Feb 18, 2013
214 posts
27 upvotes
Scarborough
AV-Fishing wrote:
Sep 28th, 2016 10:07 pm
Shareable Premium Tab - Canadawide calling [comes with Call Display (no Name Display), the LARGE 35 Voicemail Box, Unlimited Text Picture Video Messaging in Canada, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding ... their Roam Like Home is automatically there ... no need to activate it]

1GB for $80
2GB for $85
3GB for $90
5GB for $100
7GB for $110
10GB for $125
16GB for $155
20GB for $175

If you add a Premium Tab secondary line ... it would be $55/mth. For a SmartTab secondary line ... it would be $45. For a barebones, voice line only ... would be $35 a month.

SmartTab pricing is $10 cheaper than the Premium Tab pricing

If you do not need Canadawide calling ... then the pricing is $5 cheaper.

Discounts??

If the main line is $65 or more ... then can get $5 off on main line.
if the main line is $85 or more ... then can get $10 off on main line.
If the main line is $105 or more ... then can get $15 off on main line.

*** there is NO SUCH thing as a 2 year discount ... all discounts have a MAXIMUM of 12 months ONLY! Even if you sign a new 2 year contract, they ONLY give you the discount for 12 months ... and then you HAVE TO CALL AGAIN after 12 months to see if they will be able to give you the same discount again. Basically anything can change in 12 months.

*** Discounts are NOT a given and it cannot be promised by them that they will have discounts 12 months later.

*** Everything in the industry is SUBJECT to CHANGE at ANY TIME!
Wife and I are in the market for new cells. Currently with Telus.

I'm a little confused by the above explanation, as we've never been with Rogers before for wireless.

I want an Iphone SE 64GB and she wants an Iphone 6S 64GB. We only need 1 GB shared data between us, with canadawide calling

What should the monthly pricing be based on this info? (discounts included)

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5153 posts
373 upvotes
Sadly, I lost my corp350 too (both of them). One last month and one this month. 60 a month for me though instead of 65.

So who gets this corp discount of 30%? and does it apply to Loyalty Wireless plans (this is what the corp350s turned into)?
Nov 28, 2005
36 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
Chingyul wrote:
Oct 1st, 2016 11:48 am
Was suppose to change the voice part of my plan, which included the old 6gb data add on.

Just got a call back (after about 2 weeks of them working on it), and they said they can't make the new voice plan work with the old data add on (???).
So they're giving me a 6gb share everything plan in the meantime while they get me back on my old plan (6gb + 250 local calling)
Same happened to me. I'm quite annoyed. Because of this I missed out on Fido's migration plan.
Going to see what black Friday deals are on if any and hopefully I'll be able to finally leave Rogers.
Penalty Box
Sep 29, 2012
662 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
killoverme wrote:
Oct 1st, 2016 3:28 pm
Sadly, I lost my corp350 too (both of them). One last month and one this month. 60 a month for me though instead of 65.

So who gets this corp discount of 30%? and does it apply to Loyalty Wireless plans (this is what the corp350s turned into)?
30% only applies to in market plans
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
768 upvotes
Oshawa
caddie444 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2016 3:04 pm

Wife and I are in the market for new cells. Currently with Telus.

I'm a little confused by the above explanation, as we've never been with Rogers before for wireless.

I want an Iphone SE 64GB and she wants an Iphone 6S 64GB. We only need 1 GB shared data between us, with canadawide calling

What should the monthly pricing be based on this info? (discounts included)

Thanks!
These plans are NOT available for new customers ... for new customers you ONLY have the option of the plans listed on Rogers.com which is considerably more expensive than Retention Plans.

To be eligible for Retention Plans ... you have to have a minimum tenure of 6 months.

Thereby meaning, if you move from Telus / Bell / any other provider to Rogers, you MUST begin your tenure with a "REGULAR" plan (plans listed and posted on Rogers.com). 6 months into your 2 year contract, threaten to cancel .. and call the Retention Department and request a better plan ...

NOTE: Discounts (which a type of Retention offer) are NOT available for new customers. New customers pay regular price on the cellphone side.

For BRAND NEW CUSTOMERS ... YOU ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE FOR THE PLANS LISTED ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE:
http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless ... hone-plans
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Jun 23, 2013
7 posts
Edmonton
Hey guys I am looking for suggestions, I called in yesterday to upgrade my phone and was told I would have to change my plan, I am currently on the business $75 plan 5 gigs of data unlimited North America calling, unlimited text, pic messaging etc and enhanced voicemail call display. I didn't think I had a special plan and my current contract is up next month. Any suggestions to avoid changing my plan and being able to upgrade my phone?
Oct 31, 2010
777 posts
178 upvotes
Ottawa[]/GTA[X]
E90Nate wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2016 7:54 am
Hey guys I am looking for suggestions, I called in yesterday to upgrade my phone and was told I would have to change my plan, I am currently on the business $75 plan 5 gigs of data unlimited North America calling, unlimited text, pic messaging etc and enhanced voicemail call display. I didn't think I had a special plan and my current contract is up next month. Any suggestions to avoid changing my plan and being able to upgrade my phone?
Buy your phone outright.
Rogers: $65 10GB | Koodo: $75 16GB
Jun 23, 2013
7 posts
Edmonton
shadyazn wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2016 8:26 am
E90Nate wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2016 7:54 am
Buy your phone outright.
That's definitely an option but there are better plans to be had else where with byod
Aug 1, 2010
160 posts
5 upvotes
Chingyul wrote:
Oct 1st, 2016 11:48 am

Wow they really don't want people to keep those $30 6gb plans. I'd be willing to switch plans with rogers if the 6gb equivalent didn't cost $100+ today.
Dec 5, 2008
111 posts
16 upvotes
I've been offered these two plans, no idea how good they are:

$60 - 1GB data/Unlimited Canada wide call and text/'Roam like Home'/Call display, etc.
$45 - 500mb data/500 weekday minutes Canada wide/Free Evening (5pm+) and Weekends Canada Wide/Unlimited Text/Call display, etc

I have been using a 'My 10' until now (no data) so I was thinking of adding a little data to test out. I am out of my contract. My previous plan is $37 (My 10) + 8 Call display (I think..it comes to $54 after tax + fees). I don't really call and I text even less now that my SO is out of the country.
Jun 28, 2010
154 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
So like many of you my $50 corp350 plan was increased to $59 and my account now shows a $59 5Gb Loyalty plan. However when I check my account, it shows that I have 10Gb of data available this month. Anyone else showing this? I'm assuming it's an error but there's no way I'm calling in to ask about it.
Aug 18, 2008
27 posts
3 upvotes
Are people just trying to scare people. How many of you guys with corp 350 have had a price increase? I havent recieved any letter, or an increase. Still at $56 (50 plus tax) for me. (knock on wood).
Oct 3, 2016
13 posts
2 upvotes
bigt511 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2016 6:57 pm
Called Retentions and Corp. for best offers on my account which are 3 seperate lines, basically mine is the Corp 350 with 5gb data totals $50, a basic voice and text for $35 and finally Canada wide voice and text with 1gb for $60.

Best offer I could get is this:

$110 7Gb Canada wide voice and text
-$15 for 12 months (call to reapply)
$55 for 2nd line with premium tab
$35 for basic line with no data or tab
+ $100 credit for any new hardware on the two lines upgrading.

Is there better offers available currently? Debating on upgrading now, waiting on Google Pixel XL or buying OnePlus 3s for two of us.

Thanks in advance for your input.
How did you end up getting through to retentions? I called looking for similar deal except only two lines, first line service couldn't offer it to me, said would pass me to customer relations after I asked numerous times (I'm assuming that's retentions) where I ended up at a Business relations rep who obviously couldn't help me he then said was going to send me to Residential customer relations, where I ended up back at a regular customer relations agent who then wasn't very willing to send me to anyone else.

Best I could get was this we are looking to upgrade both accounts to new phones
$110 for 7 GB
$ 55 for second line
No discount could give me at all
No upgrade credit

What is best way to get right to retentions? And has anyone recently got Discounts or upgrade credits and what phone were you asking about? Is there any particular reason people have been getting the $15 a month , are you buying a new phone or just reusing your old one?
Nov 4, 2011
543 posts
327 upvotes
YYZ
I recently was offered 50% off my data only flex plan, when considering to move to Fido. It worked out to $10 for 500mb or $20 for 5gb, which is comparable to Fido.