Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Feb 7, 2008
417 posts
188 upvotes
St Catharines
MaxPower19 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 8:17 pm
Honestly everyone should be out the door for this Public Mobile promotion unless you need the long distance and roaming features so bad that its worth it to pay hundreds of dollars more per year.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
Honest question (I've only ever been on Rogers contract) , how does the 90d plan PM thing work? Is this a promotional rate only for 90d? When it renews can they up/change the price (since it's not a 'contract' per se? Thanks,
~M
Mobile: Freedom Mobile Everywhere 60 w. US roaming
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix
Oct 12, 2014
620 posts
182 upvotes
London, ON
Well I ported to Baka mobile (bell) from my rogers 6gb plan. They were upping the price and I was around 75-80 after tax.

Now I'm paying 67 after tax for 5gb and subsidized phones plus most of the goodies.

Farewell rogers.

I still have internet with them. The 100 mb connectiion.

I'm paying 67 after tax for that. Where to next?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3107 posts
1045 upvotes
GTA
This might have been asked but...

I signed up for the 5GB Share Everything plan in May and now I see they have 5GB + 7GB for the same price. Can I just switch this plan to get the more data?

If I do it online, I'm afraid my 30% still won't apply. You know Rogers....
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
770 upvotes
Oshawa
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 4:24 pm

I signed up for the 5GB Share Everything plan in May and now I see they have 5GB + 7GB for the same price. Can I just switch this plan to get the more data?

You need to call Rogers ... get to the Retentions department and see if they are willing to do that ... however ... you might lose the 30% Corporate Discount.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2065 posts
844 upvotes
Victoria
mgrimace wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 3:00 pm
MaxPower19 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 8:17 pm
Honestly everyone should be out the door for this Public Mobile promotion unless you need the long distance and roaming features so bad that its worth it to pay hundreds of dollars more per year.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
Public Mobile promotes the fact they've never booted someone from a grandfathered plan, so you would keep it as long as you keep it active.

Honest question (I've only ever been on Rogers contract) , how does the 90d plan PM thing work? Is this a promotional rate only for 90d? When it renews can they up/change the price (since it's not a 'contract' per se? Thanks,
~M
Dec 23, 2009
224 posts
46 upvotes
I've had my fill of rogers. SImple things are near impossible it seems. I am on a Rogers government employee plan.

I had the LG 2 LTE from last feb. I rarely use it as I find it slow and didn't like the resolution. Was browsing in the mall at the Rogers kiosk. They have a new tablet LG 3 which I liked enough I would actually use it. Fellow says bring in the LG2 and I can give you $115 trade in ( I owed 98 so it would be a $17 credit ) - then re up for 2 years with this new tablet ... sim card just goes in... no fuss. He says one thing he can't do but If I call they should look after me - I currently paid $5 per month share plan costs for the tablet. Telus has $5 if you own the tablet and if you use share $10 per month plus you get a free gig extra. So I call rogers and say I'm ok with $5 as is - or $10 with an extra gig but would like them to be competitive with plan pricing ( that's why I left telus for them ) . After 4 calls, the first 3 I was transferred then timed out and had the calls ended .... And finally when I got someone .... I said " if you are not able to match Telus then there is no point in having this tablet active as I do not use it, please cancel it". And Bam " Im sorry I am not able to do that - I will have to transfer you.... yet again

Called to give them more of my money and lock in for 2 years ... 90 minutes later, 4 different Customer service representatives, 3 disconnected calls , And I just cancelled the tablet as it was clear they were not interested in my business . 14 months and I can move ( not that telus was much better ).
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3107 posts
1045 upvotes
GTA
AV-Fishing wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 4:29 pm
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 4:24 pm

You need to call Rogers ... get to the Retentions department and see if they are willing to do that ... however ... you might lose the 30% Corporate Discount.
I was able to talk to the Business online chat and they switched me to the 7GB (5GB + 2GB) plan for the same price and I keep my 30% corp discount. So sweet!
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
Haven't dealt with this stuff in like 4 years.
Just read the following:

To get $5 off a plan ... the Price Plan MUST BE at least $65 or HIGHER.
To get $10 off a plan ... the Price Plan MUST BE at least $85 or HIGHER..
To get $15 off a plan ... the Price Plan MUST BE at least $105 or HIGHER.
***Price plans that were created prior to August 01 2013 are NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY RETENTION DISCOUNTS REGARDLESS OF WHAT PRICING THEY ARE AT.***

Is that the base plan? Or with add'ons

Also, Are there still credits towards certain features?

ie:
$65 base plan with unlim talking / texting / data etc....
You are eligible for $5 off the base plan. It is impossible to get $10 - $15 off correct?

- Do addons count towards the $65 or even towards the $85? Considering adding $15 unlim US talking, and $5 unlim international texting

- Are there feature discounts ie: $free unlim US talking addon, or discounted 2GB data?

Going to PM you AV-fishing, you seem to be the pro these days

- yes I will change my pic, I haven't even logged onto RFD in a while lol.
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
Oct 24, 2004
697 posts
120 upvotes
Well after 16 years with Rogers and the help on this forum I would like to thank all RFD members for all the great tips you have given me. I've switched over to Public Mobile 12 GB plan.
Jul 9, 2010
45 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
I am having a 84/month 6g + unlimited everything. any suggestion what i should do?
Sep 30, 2008
920 posts
596 upvotes
Pickering
Cameraguy23 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 1:59 pm
I've switched over to Public Mobile 12 GB plan.
I must have missed this one, is it still available? Any details you can share or a thread you can point me towards?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3107 posts
1045 upvotes
GTA
Phat$ wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 12:28 pm
Cameraguy23 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 1:59 pm
I've switched over to Public Mobile 12 GB plan.
I must have missed this one, is it still available? Any details you can share or a thread you can point me towards?
Check Hot Deals forum. Currently 200+ pages deep. Very active.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1387 posts
55 upvotes
I am old time Rogers customer, I am trying to find a way to stay just because I have an older 6GB plan. But now paying 90/month + tax and don't even have unlimited minutes. I go over every 2 months or so. Don't have US texting. Only have 200 Long Distance a month. This is on top of cable and Internet I pay Rogers as well.

I may go to this 40 Public plan, and if I go over every few months, so be it. PM will save me $55/month or $660/year. Say I go over a few months, it will save me $400/year.
I am really debating to drop cable as well, I only watch Hockey now - football died out for me. Another $1400 to be saved.

I get decent retention plans for TV/Internet - nothing for phone. But Rogers may be losing $250/month - $3000/year. I cant even believe I pay that amount for telecom.
Jul 9, 2010
45 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Just spoken to rentention finally I got lucky it was a very nice lady who spent almost 45 mins with me in the phone searching every possibility to make me happy . However she advised that the system doesn't have anything better than what I have now $84/ 6gb unlimited everything so instead she gave me $40 good will credit one time + $5/month off. So my advise is the good will is given out by the agent according to their will I do believe it should be no limit how many you would receive. And she also told me that they might have good deals around Black Friday.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)