Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Newbie
Jan 13, 2008
12 posts
Vancouver
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 8:15 pm
tekkan1 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 8:10 pm
I just got off the phone with the Retention dept.
They offered me a ShareEverything (No Tab) for $90/month and a $5 monthly discount (Total - $85 per month)
Includes: 6GB Data, Unlimited Canada Wide calling, Unlimited Text/Pic/Vid, Call Display & Enhanced VM, Call Waiting

Also, giving me a Goodwill One-time credit of $35.

I thought if you have a plan over $85, they would be able to offer you a $10 monthly discount?

What do you guys think? Can one do better?
Good Will Credit is actually $50. Never heard of $35.

Not really, why the no tab plan? If you care about not being locked down, then look elsewhere. Rogers has no discounts if you bring your own device. They offer max $5 bucks off if your plan is under $100.
Just talked to another Retention rep...she offered me 2 options.
Option 1: same as above but only 5GB of Data for $80/month (discounted) for 12 months
Option 2: same as above but only 5GB of Data for $90/month (discounted) for 12 months. They also offered me a Samsung S7 Edge for $350 but she'll apply a $100 Goodwill credit to the phone cost with this option. This option you're locked in a 2 year term and the discount is only good for 12 months. Why don't they just apply the discount for the full 2 year terms you're locked in for?

More options...
What do you think of these options?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4505 posts
1423 upvotes
Toronto
tekkan1 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 9:55 pm
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 8:15 pm
tekkan1 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 8:10 pm
I just got off the phone with the Retention dept.
They offered me a ShareEverything (No Tab) for $90/month and a $5 monthly discount (Total - $85 per month)
Includes: 6GB Data, Unlimited Canada Wide calling, Unlimited Text/Pic/Vid, Call Display & Enhanced VM, Call Waiting

Also, giving me a Goodwill One-time credit of $35.

I thought if you have a plan over $85, they would be able to offer you a $10 monthly discount?

What do you guys think? Can one do better?
Good Will Credit is actually $50. Never heard of $35.

Not really, why the no tab plan? If you care about not being locked down, then look elsewhere. Rogers has no discounts if you bring your own device. They offer max $5 bucks off if your plan is under $100.
Just talked to another Retention rep...she offered me 2 options.
Option 1: same as above but only 5GB of Data for $80/month (discounted) for 12 months
Option 2: same as above but only 5GB of Data for $90/month (discounted) for 12 months. They also offered me a Samsung S7 Edge for $350 but she'll apply a $100 Goodwill credit to the phone cost with this option. This option you're locked in a 2 year term and the discount is only good for 12 months. Why don't they just apply the discount for the full 2 year terms you're locked in for?

More options...
What do you think of these options?
S7 Edge can be had for 199.99 on a commitment, they sold that phone on launch for 199.99 after the trade in credit and you got a free VR Headset. After I had to return my Note 7, they offered me the swap to S7E offer. I said no, and said I'll take an S7E for 200. They said okay. So, its an option, just explain why you think its worth 199.99, as I mentioned earlier.

Plan seems fine, they have a 7 GB for 110, you can get 15 off, to get it for 95. It's a Share Everything Plus Plan, so comes with Spotify too. Not sure if Spotify is important to you. They have a system restriction, in that discounts can only be applied for a year max, then you call in to get it renewed.
Newbie
Jan 13, 2008
12 posts
Vancouver
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 10:09 pm
tekkan1 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 9:55 pm
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 8:15 pm


Good Will Credit is actually $50. Never heard of $35.

Not really, why the no tab plan? If you care about not being locked down, then look elsewhere. Rogers has no discounts if you bring your own device. They offer max $5 bucks off if your plan is under $100.
Just talked to another Retention rep...she offered me 2 options.
Option 1: same as above but only 5GB of Data for $80/month (discounted) for 12 months
Option 2: same as above but only 5GB of Data for $90/month (discounted) for 12 months. They also offered me a Samsung S7 Edge for $350 but she'll apply a $100 Goodwill credit to the phone cost with this option. This option you're locked in a 2 year term and the discount is only good for 12 months. Why don't they just apply the discount for the full 2 year terms you're locked in for?

More options...
What do you think of these options?
S7 Edge can be had for 199.99 on a commitment, they sold that phone on launch for 199.99 after the trade in credit and you got a free VR Headset. After I had to return my Note 7, they offered me the swap to S7E offer. I said no, and said I'll take an S7E for 200. They said okay. So, its an option, just explain why you think its worth 199.99, as I mentioned earlier.

Plan seems fine, they have a 7 GB for 110, you can get 15 off, to get it for 95. It's a Share Everything Plus Plan, so comes with Spotify too. Not sure if Spotify is important to you. They have a system restriction, in that discounts can only be applied for a year max, then you call in to get it renewed.
But they could say NO to renew the discount and now you're stuck paying $110/month for the next 12 months till you fulfill your 2 year term, right?
Newbie
Dec 10, 2015
41 posts
6 upvotes
Peterborough
Not sure if this is helpful but about 10 months ago I got a retention plan 100$ for 5Gb unlimited cad ect ect ect. And I got a 10$ off monthly credit for 10 months. But I saw the get 2gb free data on 5gb plans so when I signed into my Rogers account it said exclusive offer. It's the same plan I had but now 7Gb of data instead of 5 and at the same price I was paying but the website also renewed my monthly credit for another 12 months so I pay 90$ for 7gb plan
Newbie
Nov 7, 2016
1 posts
Hi guys, I just want to check if my plan is decent, and was wondering which line I could get more discounts (I've been on Share Everything plan since April)

Main line has 7GB data, All 4 lines have unlimited texting, Canada-wide calling, voicemail etc.
Main Line(Smart tab): $100
2nd Line (Premium tab): $55 - $5.67* = $49.33 (*Add-a-line Activation BONUS)
3rd Line(Premium tab): $55 - $5.67* = $49.33 (*Add-a-line Activation BONUS)
4th Line(Smart tab): $45
Total = $243.66
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1710 posts
384 upvotes
tekkan1 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 8:10 pm
I just got off the phone with the Retention dept.
They offered me a ShareEverything (No Tab) for $90/month and a $5 monthly discount (Total - $85 per month)
Includes: 6GB Data, Unlimited Canada Wide calling, Unlimited Text/Pic/Vid, Call Display & Enhanced VM, Call Waiting

Also, giving me a Goodwill One-time credit of $35.

I thought if you have a plan over $85, they would be able to offer you a $10 monthly discount?

What do you guys think? Can one do better?
Go for the Public Mobile deal...12 gigs in a 3 month span. $40/month. Data can roll over to the following month so if you use 3gb in the first month, you have 9gb for the other two months. Not sure if you really need Canada wide as PM has unlimited provincial calling-but you can add LD as a add-on, works the same way as data. Look into it before you sign and agree to the Rogers contract. If you are unable to get a new premier phone out of it for free or subsidized, I'd go for Public Mobile. Buying a phone off contract is cheaper in the long run
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
762 upvotes
Oshawa
Just to give ALL you people out there some heads up ...

If you have an older Share Everything Plan that calculates data over usage at $10 per GB ... pretty soon (very very soon) ... you will NOT be able to keep that plan and do a hardware upgrade for a new phone on a contract.

THERE ARE ZERO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE.

Rogers is NOW FORCING AND ENFORCING this new ridiculous procedure for Upgrades of phones.

YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR PRICE PLAN TO THEIR NEWER SHARE EVERYTHING PRICE PLANS (the ones that calculate data over usage at $5 per 100MB) in order to do a hardware upgrade.

IN REALITY ... THIS IS CALLED RAPING THE CUSTOMERS FOR MORE MONEY.

The newer plans are more expensive and offer less data ... and just to do the math ... if you switch to the newer plans and go over on your data (say, 1GB, ... you would be paying $50 for that 1GB) .. good eh? YUP!

So do the math ... if you have a great plan ... just go ahead and buy your phone outright in full ...

I have a 6GB + 6GB Share Everything Plan from 2013 ... paying $120 for the main line on a Premium and $55 for two additional lines on a Premium Contract and $45 for one line on a Smart Tab Contract and $30 for one line on a Talk & Text Contract ... TOTAL: $305+taxes

All contracts expire in 2017 .... so I will be buying my phones from now on .... screw upgrading since there is NO WAY that I can get 12GB for 5 lines at this price ....
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2042 posts
820 upvotes
Victoria
AV-Fishing wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 11:39 pm
Just to give ALL you people out there some heads up ...

If you have an older Share Everything Plan that calculates data over usage at $10 per GB ... pretty soon (very very soon) ... you will NOT be able to keep that plan and do a hardware upgrade for a new phone on a contract.

THERE ARE ZERO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE.

Rogers is NOW FORCING AND ENFORCING this new ridiculous procedure for Upgrades of phones.

YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR PRICE PLAN TO THEIR NEWER SHARE EVERYTHING PRICE PLANS (the ones that calculate data over usage at $5 per 100MB) in order to do a hardware upgrade.

IN REALITY ... THIS IS CALLED RAPING THE CUSTOMERS FOR MORE MONEY.

The newer plans are more expensive and offer less data ... and just to do the math ... if you switch to the newer plans and go over on your data (say, 1GB, ... you would be paying $50 for that 1GB) .. good eh? YUP!

So do the math ... if you have a great plan ... just go ahead and buy your phone outright in full ...

I have a 6GB + 6GB Share Everything Plan from 2013 ... paying $120 for the main line on a Premium and $55 for two additional lines on a Premium Contract and $45 for one line on a Smart Tab Contract and $30 for one line on a Talk & Text Contract ... TOTAL: $305+taxes

All contracts expire in 2017 .... so I will be buying my phones from now on .... screw upgrading since there is NO WAY that I can get 12GB for 5 lines at this price ....
Why not port out to Public Mobile and pay out the rest of your Robbers contract?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2005
2001 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
AV-Fishing wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 11:39 pm
Just to give ALL you people out there some heads up ...

If you have an older Share Everything Plan that calculates data over usage at $10 per GB ... pretty soon (very very soon) ... you will NOT be able to keep that plan and do a hardware upgrade for a new phone on a contract.

THERE ARE ZERO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE.

Rogers is NOW FORCING AND ENFORCING this new ridiculous procedure for Upgrades of phones.

YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR PRICE PLAN TO THEIR NEWER SHARE EVERYTHING PRICE PLANS (the ones that calculate data over usage at $5 per 100MB) in order to do a hardware upgrade.

IN REALITY ... THIS IS CALLED RAPING THE CUSTOMERS FOR MORE MONEY.

The newer plans are more expensive and offer less data ... and just to do the math ... if you switch to the newer plans and go over on your data (say, 1GB, ... you would be paying $50 for that 1GB) .. good eh? YUP!

So do the math ... if you have a great plan ... just go ahead and buy your phone outright in full ...

I have a 6GB + 6GB Share Everything Plan from 2013 ... paying $120 for the main line on a Premium and $55 for two additional lines on a Premium Contract and $45 for one line on a Smart Tab Contract and $30 for one line on a Talk & Text Contract ... TOTAL: $305+taxes

All contracts expire in 2017 .... so I will be buying my phones from now on .... screw upgrading since there is NO WAY that I can get 12GB for 5 lines at this price ....
This is pretty much my and my spouse's plan now, too. We are buying phones outright...
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jr. Member
May 1, 2011
111 posts
37 upvotes
Quick question I was hoping someone could answer.
I'll be getting my new OP3 later this week and making the switch to PM.
I will be leaving Rogers in the middle of a billing cycle (my contract period is over and no outstanding balances)
Will my monthly bill be prorated for the 2 weeks I wont be using their service once my number is transferred? Or will I still owe them my full monthly rate?

Any help would be appreciated!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2005
2001 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
eberkelmans wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 10:29 am
Quick question I was hoping someone could answer.
I'll be getting my new OP3 later this week and making the switch to PM.
I will be leaving Rogers in the middle of a billing cycle (my contract period is over and no outstanding balances)
Will my monthly bill be prorated for the 2 weeks I wont be using their service once my number is transferred? Or will I still owe them my full monthly rate?

Any help would be appreciated!
As far as I know, yes your bill will be prorated.
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jr. Member
May 1, 2011
111 posts
37 upvotes
matradley wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 10:34 am
eberkelmans wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 10:29 am
Quick question I was hoping someone could answer.
I'll be getting my new OP3 later this week and making the switch to PM.
I will be leaving Rogers in the middle of a billing cycle (my contract period is over and no outstanding balances)
Will my monthly bill be prorated for the 2 weeks I wont be using their service once my number is transferred? Or will I still owe them my full monthly rate?

Any help would be appreciated!
As far as I know, yes your bill will be prorated.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1610 posts
222 upvotes
Alberta
Chingyul wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 1:43 pm
Same boat as you guys.
Called and at first, he said he couldn't just change the voice plan. He checked again and said he could.
$30 - 6gb data
$35 - u/l canada wide calling and messaging, CD, VM
-$5 - monthly credit (I had this from before)

I hadn't touch my phone plan in probably 2 years after my last credits expired
Pretty easy call
Well, after 2 months, I've finally got it mostly sorted out.
After they agreed to the above, they screwed up and dropped my data plan after adding the U/L voice and msg plan. Called in, and while they tried to fix it, gave me a temp Share Everything 6gb.

Got my Nov bill, and the plan is right, but the price isn't quite right.
$35 - U/L Talk and Msg (Price agreed to)
$35 - 6 GB Data (was originally $30)
Credit got dropped.
$70 / month, when it should have been $60.

When I called, they guy was pretty insistent that he couldn't add any credits back on, and I rather not have them screw around with things again.
I'm mostly happy with the plan as it's less than I was paying before, but now with unlimited talk and text (with pictures!).
All that for $70 is still a pretty good deal in my mind, and not having to call back in again.
Newbie
Nov 28, 2005
36 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
Chingyul wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 4:06 pm
Well, after 2 months, I've finally got it mostly sorted out.
After they agreed to the above, they screwed up and dropped my data plan after adding the U/L voice and msg plan. Called in, and while they tried to fix it, gave me a temp Share Everything 6gb.

Got my Nov bill, and the plan is right, but the price isn't quite right.
$35 - U/L Talk and Msg (Price agreed to)
$35 - 6 GB Data (was originally $30)
Credit got dropped.
$70 / month, when it should have been $60.

When I called, they guy was pretty insistent that he couldn't add any credits back on, and I rather not have them screw around with things again.
I'm mostly happy with the plan as it's less than I was paying before, but now with unlimited talk and text (with pictures!).
All that for $70 is still a pretty good deal in my mind, and not having to call back in again.
Glad you got everything fixed! I ended up just porting to PM and grabbing the fido 3gb/$15 plan for the extra GBs. Didn't want to leave, but it wasn't worth it for me to stay considering I buy my phones outright now.
Sr. Member
Jun 3, 2006
925 posts
116 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone successful in getting a better deal that their original plan using the Public Mobile $40 offer right now?
BerryPride :D

Top