[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Banned
Jan 31, 2017
147 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 9:59 am
Ask them to put you on the no tab plans.

They offer 5GB for 80, 7GB for 90, or 10GB for 100.
I'm on a no tab plan. When I tried to reduce my bill they said they were having a promotion for $100 but that was for 7 gig. If only I could get you to call for me haha seems like you know your stuff
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
TroyJax416 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 11:00 am
I'm on a no tab plan. When I tried to reduce my bill they said they were having a promotion for $100 but that was for 7 gig. If only I could get you to call for me haha seems like you know your stuff
After they removed the discount that people got for having owned or brought their own phone, the no tab and smart tab plans are the same price. Since you have no tab, but want to remain with them, you just have to ask, or mention that a colleague of yours received a smart tab plan offer, but has no tab, and mention the 10 gig plan.

If they give you a hard time, ask to speak to a manager, and if that hits a wall, ask to escalate to Office of the President.

At least with them you can communicate with ease using email. As for a reason, choose your pick, but I would just tell them preferential treatment of new customers over tenured customers.
May 28, 2013
49 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of a cheap BYOP no data plan?

Looking for some basic features like call display with unlimited and/or 250+ minutes a month.
Nov 21, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
My contract is ending in April, right around when the S8 is launching... I was thinking to upgrade to that or use me not being on contract as negotiating leverage. I've been a customer for 12 years and here's my "loyalty" plan;
Line one (on flex tab) $105
Line two (contract ending) $55
Line three (Talk & text, no data, no contract) $25
We get 5gb of data, what should I do.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Jaydenn wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 6:49 pm
My contract is ending in April, right around when the S8 is launching... I was thinking to upgrade to that or use me not being on contract as negotiating leverage. I've been a customer for 12 years and here's my "loyalty" plan;
Line one (on flex tab) $105
Line two (contract ending) $55
Line three (Talk & text, no data, no contract) $25
We get 5gb of data, what should I do.
How much tab left on line one?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Jaydenn wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 9:44 am
270 and 0 in March of 2018
The new 10+2 GB is what you should move to now. I think it's 5 bucks more than what you are paying now on loyalty. Call in and ask for it. They might or might not give you a break on the S8, it depends on the Representative and how much in demand that phone becomes.
Nov 25, 2010
31 posts
3 upvotes
Any idea what the best deal is for 5 lines? I read through the last 10-15 pages and didn't see anything relevant.

We're currently on a 6GB data canada-wide share everything plan and paying $261 including 911 fee before tax. I see they are offering new customers 5 lines canada-wide with 12GB for $285 which sounds like a pretty good deal, and when logging into my rogers they are offering us $105 for canada-wide 10GB Smart tab on the primary line but don't say what the additional lines would be. We are looking to upgrade a couple of phones and they are saying we have to move to a current plan to do the upgrade. Some extra data would be nice but I don't really want to increase the monthly bill to do that. I called retentions earlier and they said they couldn't do any better than $305 for 10GB smart tab but would waive $60 in device subsidies that remained on one line and the $20 upgrade fee (that I was never willing to pay in the first place). It seems like every time I want to make any changes the bill keeps going up, just 2 years ago we were paying $220 for 6GB with my-10 (for us this was just as good as unlimited canada-wide)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4659 posts
1173 upvotes
Space
What do you guys have for loyalty plans around 40-50$ Tax in?

Best I've accomplished so far is

45$ tax in

500 min ( unl eve and wkd )
Text Canada wide
VM, Caller ID
500MB Data

Free phone ( Priv, G4, Dtek50 )

I have 2 lines that are up for renewal
Aug 2, 2011
21 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure this is the right place for this, but i'm trying to get a new plan on rogers for myself and my wife. Was offered $150 a month for unlimited minutes and 7gbs to share and $149 for an iphone 6s 32gb. Is this a good deal? asked other carriers and cant seem to beat this.
Nov 23, 2012
195 posts
39 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 8:35 pm
What do you guys have for loyalty plans around 40-50$ Tax in?

Best I've accomplished so far is

45$ tax in

500 min ( unl eve and wkd )
Text Canada wide
VM, Caller ID
500MB Data

Free phone ( Priv, G4, Dtek50 )

I have 2 lines that are up for renewal
Thats not bad , i had the same plan but unlimited minutes 2 years ago. Free BB priv is a premium phone at such a low monthly fee too.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4659 posts
1173 upvotes
Space
Yeah it's not too too bad. Going to try to get unlimited minutes lol. If it had 1 gig data that would be perfect for me.
dmflash1 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 7:04 pm
Thats not bad , i had the same plan but unlimited minutes 2 years ago. Free BB priv is a premium phone at such a low monthly fee too.
Aug 6, 2014
43 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
It seems Rogers max retention discount for ShareEverything+ plans over $100 is now $10 (no longer $15). Can anyone confirm?
Dec 26, 2008
870 posts
35 upvotes
Wow, Retentions is absolutely ridiculous these days. Called in and fought for over 2 hours, and all they could offer me was a package that was $40 more than whats offered to new customers. 20 years with all services with Rogers and thats all they could do. Maybe it is actually time to pull the plug.
OLYMPIAKOS GATE 7

ΟΣΦΠ Misfits

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

LauD14