Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jun 6, 2013
5 posts
Markham
boneca wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 6:38 pm
Just changed over to 7gb at 39.90 per month (corp plan). I am guessing this is a good deal. We get better service in our area with Telus but they would not match it. Their deal was 6gb for $49.
I'm interested. Please PM me of the plan details and how to get it. Thanks!
Aug 11, 2010
7 posts
1 upvote
Victoria
boneca wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 6:38 pm
Just changed over to 7gb at 39.90 per month (corp plan). I am guessing this is a good deal. We get better service in our area with Telus but they would not match it. Their deal was 6gb for $49.
Better than my corp plan, too- can you also pm me the details, please?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1858 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone actually have some success with the contact that @boneca provided? When I had contacted them, it was Quebec only.
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
1016 posts
14 upvotes
I replied to everyone who sent me a PM. For those asking in this thread I was recently told that this plan is for Quebec only. Here is the link I also found in the hot deals section.

Your text to link here...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1858 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa
boneca wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 11:10 am
I replied to everyone who sent me a PM. For those asking in this thread I was recently told that this plan is for Quebec only. Here is the link I also found in the hot deals section.

Your text to link here...
Thanks @boneca. :)
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jun 12, 2010
285 posts
57 upvotes
YVR
Should have guessed it would be QC only :(. Killer deal...
Apr 29, 2006
335 posts
391 upvotes
the 6
Hey Everyone not sure if this is hot but anyone with the old grandfathered 6gb plan for $60 I was able to get unlimited Canada wide calling for an extra $10 a month.... where I was told in the past it cant be done...
Mar 8, 2017
2 posts
Hello,

I'm currently on a $65/month+ tax ($73.45 with tax) corporate plan with rogers. It includes:

- 6 GB data
- Unlimited US/Canada Talk/Long Distance
- Unlimited Text/pic message
- Call display

Prior to September 2016, I was paying $53/month + tax (it was $30 for data + $30 for talk and text with a 20% discount) and then they raised it by $5/month but ALSO took away my 20% discount, so it amount to about a 25% increase for the exact same service, so I haven't been too happy with rogers.

Recently my phone that has been paid off for over a year is not working correctly, so I was hoping to get a hardware upgrade on my current plan, but rogers will not allow me to do this unless I upgrade to one of their crappy Share Everything Plans.

I have not done a hardware upgrade for at least 4 years, but in the past it was easy: I upgrade to a new phone, pay $300-$500 for it up front on a 2-3 year plan and keep my current plan.

Now they want to me upgrade to a share everything plan. I do receive 30% off any share everything plan available, so I could get the 5GB share everything plan for $73.50+tax/month . Then if I want a new phone (say the galaxy S8) on a tab then I would have to pay $83.50+tax/month, so nearly $100 month just for a new phone!

My current plan, even with Rogers upping it by 25% 6 months ago, is still a really good plan I believe, considering I'd have to pay a lot more for less on their share everything plans.

My question is, what is the cheapest way I would be able to get a new phone while keeping my plan or staying around this price? This is really the most I want to pay for a phone, but my current phone is not working correctly. I do not see why I cannot pay $300-$500 or so for the galaxy S8 when it comes out next month and sign a new 2 year plan on my current price point as I always have in the past.

If Rogers cannot do something next month when it is released, I will probably cancel my business with Rogers and not even have a phone. I cannot believe from a few years ago we were paying $50-$60 a month, being able to get the newest phones available, to now having to pay close to $100 or more a month just to get a new phone.
Nov 16, 2006
34 posts
Not sure where you're located in Canada, from the price you mention, I'm assuming you're not in MB/QC/SK, but if you're in Ottawa by chance, you might look at Videotron's offer (http://forums.redflagdeals.com/videotro ... #p27556930). Alternatively, you might look at the (well known) loophole to get a QC plan anywhere in Canada (http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-qc ... 9-2084422/).

Why do I suggest this you ask? Because $49/mo+tx for what you're getting right now saves you enough cash to self-fund a new phone compared to what Rogers wants...

Rogers:
$83.5/mo+tx = $2004+tx / 2yrs

Koodo:
$49/mo+tx = $1176+tx / 2yrs

Savings: $828+tx every 2 years.

This gives you the option to buy whatever phone you want so long as it supports your chosen carrier, pocket the savings yourself, and not be tied into a contract.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1278 posts
115 upvotes
Man, worst "retention" call ever.
She just quoted back in market plan rates.
I might seriously start looking at porting to Bell where we get 30% off through corporate rates.
I guess I could also lead with that and see what Rogers offers, but I've never played the Cancel card with retentions before.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel