Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10174 posts
500 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 11:36 pm
Interesting, I never use the app but just tried and could not find where to navigate to see any offers as you showed.
Likewise, I only see my own plan and nothing about other plans. And I know when I called the lady said there was no such plan- so I just assume it's ON only.
Sep 11, 2007
79 posts
44 upvotes
Guys - does this $50 4GB plan include Roam like home? Can anyone confirm? I can actually see the plan on MyRogers but the Roam Like Home button is turned off. If it does not include it then that is a deal breaker for me :-(. Thanks for your help!
Aug 19, 2008
11 posts
1 upvote
Yes, I can confirm it includes Roam Like Home. I texted "Travel" to 222 to confirm on this plan and it definitely says I am set up for it.
Sep 11, 2007
79 posts
44 upvotes
wongeh wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 3:40 pm
Yes, I can confirm it includes Roam Like Home. I texted "Travel" to 222 to confirm on this plan and it definitely says I am set up for it.
Thanks wongeh - this is great! I will prob call Robbers today - if not, I guess I can sign up online anyway.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1473 posts
105 upvotes
Feneant wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 12:13 pm
Likewise, I only see my own plan and nothing about other plans. And I know when I called the lady said there was no such plan- so I just assume it's ON only.
Its ON only? I am in Ontario and got told no such plan ... I think it might actually be time to change companies.
Dec 8, 2005
38 posts
1 upvote
niagara region
Is there caller id with this 50 dollar plan if available. Online my rogers only shows 85 for 4gb plan.
No external links in signatures - Mods
Jun 23, 2017
27 posts
10 upvotes
Bc
I just got the 50 dollar plan so it's available. Been with robbers about 15 years and the retention lady tried to pull a fast one and offer me a 65 dollar plan for each phone saying basically she was doing me a solid. I didn't agree.. I had been skimming this forum and saw this offer so and said that was funny as others I know had the 50 dollar plan with 4 gs for each phone. She put me on hold to see if it was ". Still available.." came back and said it was and that I was lucky to get it.
Am I lucky? Isnt a loyal customer supposed to get something in return? Their is a lot of competition out their last time I looked. I don't get any phones at this price. I don't really care but I have no problem calling back and getting anything that's missing from this plan. Their are two lines so my bill will be over 100..
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2009 posts
293 upvotes
Ottawa
Are you getting this $50 plan while on a 2-year agreement or are you outside of a 2-year agreement?
RFD 15 73H 1337
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7003 posts
1716 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 9:10 am
Can you just order it right through MyRogers? Or do you still need to call retention's??
Apparently not, I tried it and can't even get the to page. Just gives me an error and tells me to call in.
Sep 11, 2007
79 posts
44 upvotes
Just a note - I got the $50/4GB plan for 3 lines, I am in Ontario. It was a bit of an odd call with retentions. I called and said I want to cancel, they asked why, I said b/c there is a better deal with Freedom Mobile. The CSR rep immediately told me about the $50/4GB plan but without letting me respond said that I don't need to cancel the plan and that when I sign up for Freedom Mobile and port my number over it would automatically cancel my Rogers account. CSR was not even trying to sell me the plan or trying to get me to stay - seemed like he did not really care. But then actually went to the Freedom Mobile website to tell me why the plan sucks and how the reception is crap - overall talking about its inferiority to Robbers.

I smiled and nodded and just asked for the $50/4GB plan for all 3 lines and got it without any fuss. It was quite straightforward, but a very odd call.

But I guess in the end helpful and mutually satisfactory - retentions managed to keep me and my 2 other lines and I am happy with the plan I got and what I am paying, relative to what I had before. Still wish we had access to those crazy QC plans.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1932 posts
138 upvotes
Guelph
How long will this go on before someone who claims to have signed up for this deal confirms the length of the term, if one exists, or does not.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2009 posts
293 upvotes
Ottawa
GoKartRacer wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 1:52 pm
Just a note - I got the $50/4GB plan for 3 lines, I am in Ontario. It was a bit of an odd call with retentions. I called and said I want to cancel, they asked why, I said b/c there is a better deal with Freedom Mobile. The CSR rep immediately told me about the $50/4GB plan but without letting me respond said that I don't need to cancel the plan and that when I sign up for Freedom Mobile and port my number over it would automatically cancel my Rogers account. CSR was not even trying to sell me the plan or trying to get me to stay - seemed like he did not really care. But then actually went to the Freedom Mobile website to tell me why the plan sucks and how the reception is crap - overall talking about its inferiority to Robbers.

I smiled and nodded and just asked for the $50/4GB plan for all 3 lines and got it without any fuss. It was quite straightforward, but a very odd call.

But I guess in the end helpful and mutually satisfactory - retentions managed to keep me and my 2 other lines and I am happy with the plan I got and what I am paying, relative to what I had before. Still wish we had access to those crazy QC plans.
So all 3-lines were off contract? You were month-to-month?
RFD 15 73H 1337

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

Rockabilly, utkusu