Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Oct 25, 2006
282 posts
5 upvotes
North York
Feneant wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 10:44 am
I spoke with Rogers and it says the plan ended yesterday. He also confirmed it was an Ontario plan, which explains why some of us can't get it.
Did they offer anything similar today?
Dec 2, 2008
630 posts
169 upvotes
Super bummed I missed this as I was out of town. Anyone have any luck getting (or finding) something comparable?
Jan 7, 2017
65 posts
54 upvotes
Just called in and confirmed the deal for $50/4GB ended on the 4th. The best deal they'd offer me was a Loyalty Plan for $75/5GB
Oct 30, 2009
80 posts
25 upvotes
So after 2 hours on the phone I accepted this plan.....
Screenshot_20170707-005802.jpg
Screenshot_20170707-005749.jpg
Got a $450+ credit on data overage charges for two previous months

Got unison credit for 2 years

Not really sure any more details but I was told it should be around $116 with tax every month... I'll post bill when I get it ....

Not bad I thought but wait there's more ... signed 2 year deathtrap and got s7 0$ ... have until next Friday to keep or return and opt out of contract,cute store girl even said she would wave the 20 $ activation fee when i bring in my bill...

--- thoughts on all of this?
Oct 6, 2006
343 posts
161 upvotes
So i switched my wife to the $50 4gb plan last week. I checked online this week because her cycle just renewed and wanted to make sure that everything is ok. Turns out it wasnt, Rogers rep fumbled the switch and put my wife on a temporary plan with no data. I called in to fix it, they mentioned that the plan is gone and we cannot add it back on. So they switched me to retentions to see if it was available there, it wasn't.

After an hour of talking with the retentions rep, their manager and me being livid about the situation, they offered to do the same plan as the $50 4gb but for $65. I told him that its not acceptable... blah blah blah.... then he offered to put on $15 credit for 24 months, which brings it down to $50. He mentioned that this is a better offer, because this guarantees the rate for 24 months. So we went ahead with it.

Then I asked if there's add-on data plans to make it 6gb. He said theres a $10 2gb add-on.

So now the package is $60 with 6gb of data and unlimited calling.

Again this is all because they fumbled last week with the initial switch and everything was documented at that point. So this is YMMV kind of a thing. But it is in there system so if you hassle/elevate them enough. They might budge.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Jul 2, 2013
285 posts
95 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Busta wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 10:24 am
So i switched my wife to the $50 4gb plan last week. I checked online this week because her cycle just renewed and wanted to make sure that everything is ok. Turns out it wasnt, Rogers rep fumbled the switch and put my wife on a temporary plan with no data. I called in to fix it, they mentioned that the plan is gone and we cannot add it back on. So they switched me to retentions to see if it was available there, it wasn't.

After an hour of talking with the retentions rep, their manager and me being livid about the situation, they offered to do the same plan as the $50 4gb but for $65. I told him that its not acceptable... blah blah blah.... then he offered to put on $15 credit for 24 months, which brings it down to $50. He mentioned that this is a better offer, because this guarantees the rate for 24 months. So we went ahead with it.

Then I asked if there's add-on data plans to make it 6gb. He said theres a $10 2gb add-on.

So now the package is $60 with 6gb of data and unlimited calling.

Again this is all because they fumbled last week with the initial switch and everything was documented at that point. So this is YMMV kind of a thing. But it is in there system so if you hassle/elevate them enough. They might budge.
I'd file a complaint with the CRTC. No reason you should be paying because of their eff up.
Jun 1, 2008
692 posts
218 upvotes
Richmond Hill
moschella wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 3:19 am
So after 2 hours on the phone I accepted this plan.....

Screenshot_20170707-005802.jpg

Screenshot_20170707-005749.jpg

Got a $450+ credit on data overage charges for two previous months

Got unison credit for 2 years

Not really sure any more details but I was told it should be around $116 with tax every month... I'll post bill when I get it ....

Not bad I thought but wait there's more ... signed 2 year deathtrap and got s7 0$ ... have until next Friday to keep or return and opt out of contract,cute store girl even said she would wave the 20 $ activation fee when i bring in my bill...

--- thoughts on all of this?
That's an in market plan but getting them to credit unison was a good deal. 6 GB flex is great.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11978 posts
1728 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Damn, thought i missed out on a good deal. Called in about the $50 4GB which expired. They said with this plan there are no promotional add-ons on top. All you get is the 4GB, no extra GB promo's unless you wanna pay extra. Currently on the $75 5GB plan ($66 wit the 12% MPD off). Paying an extra $16 bucks for an extra 1 GB is a rip off. So the guy looked at the promo's and said there is a 2GB add-on FREE for 1 YR. I said add it on asap! So now I have $66 7GB plan or $5.33/GB for 3GB above the $50 plan.

Summarize:

$50 4GB plan - cannot have a tab, phone must be paid in full. No other promo's can be added on top unless Robbers changes that in the future.

$75 5GB plan (believe promo applies to every "share everything plan" with zero tab or paid off fone) - Current promo - add 2GB extra $0 cost FREE for 1 YR.

Cost per GB. $50 4GB plan = $12.50/GB. $75 7GB plan = $10.71/GB or 12% less with MPD = $9.43/GB.

*note - MPD is a grandfathered discount no longer available to new customers.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11978 posts
1728 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
aznnorth wrote:
Jul 8th, 2017 2:19 pm
Damn, thought i missed out on a good deal. Called in about the $50 4GB which expired. They said with this plan there are no promotional add-ons on top. All you get is the 4GB, no extra GB promo's unless you wanna pay extra. Currently on the $75 5GB plan ($66 wit the 12% MPD off). Paying an extra $16 bucks for an extra 1 GB is a rip off. So the guy looked at the promo's and said there is a 2GB add-on FREE for 1 YR. I said add it on asap! So now I have $66 7GB plan or $5.33/GB for 3GB above the $50 plan.

Summarize:

$50 4GB plan - cannot have a tab, phone must be paid in full. No other promo's can be added on top unless Robbers changes that in the future.

$75 5GB plan (believe promo applies to every "share everything plan" with zero tab or paid off fone) - Current promo - add 2GB extra $0 cost FREE for 1 YR.

Cost per GB. $50 4GB plan = $12.50/GB. $75 7GB plan = $10.71/GB or 12% less with MPD = $9.43/GB.

*note - MPD is a grandfathered discount no longer available to new customers.
Strange... no response to this. I thought there be more interest. *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jul 2, 2013
285 posts
95 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I think I might have heard of that 75 5GB plan the last time I talked with Rogers but I remember it being an absurd amount to add a second line, like $55 or $60 or something like that.
Dec 2, 2012
63 posts
32 upvotes
I believe 55 is the standard price to add a line (previously). I think it's actually gone up since.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18482 posts
1733 upvotes
felixpau wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 4:41 pm
I believe 55 is the standard price to add a line (previously). I think it's actually gone up since.
My second line was $35 when it was added in either 2014 or 2015. Boy times have changed.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Mar 23, 2005
132 posts
3 upvotes
so what is the best deal out there for unlimited texts and around 200 minutes of talk? I don't
need Data.

I need picture text included...which most of them don't have unless I get data.

Thanks