Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Feb 11, 2009
63 posts
15 upvotes
I just called in and was offered the 4GB plan for $65 for BYOD. No mention of the 4 GB for $55 deal.
Mar 30, 2010
271 posts
120 upvotes
Calgary
I want to add my daughter to my share everything plan. They used to have a "save $20" deal but I missed it and not it's only "save $10". I like chatted with them but they would not offer any additional discount and said the "save $20" deal expired. I missed it by a couple of days.
Any way I can get them to give me a better deal? I'm currently paying $225/ month for four lines and this would be the 5th line...
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
Feneant wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 11:02 am
Funny, I called this morning and the best he would offer me was 4gb/66.50 on BYOD and thats including a 30% discount from my corporate plan! It's like Rogers want to lose me as a customer after I've been there probably 18 years.

Another thing I learned this morning... I am done paying my tab but my monthly bill will NOT go down. He said if I want my bill to go down I need to change plan otherwise I'll keep paying what I pay now including the tab cost*. To this he of course added that he can no longer give me the same plan so I'd lose data and get that 4gb for 66.50 I refer to above.

It's insane how much the big 3 charge us outside of the metro areas. Even if I said Eastlink offers me 4gb/50$ he said he couldn't match it. That was the 3rd time I called and everytime the same story, they won't give me a better price.

*I sent this to the CRTC to ask if it's allowed. Seems to me it's fraudulent to tell me I have to keep paying for a tab that I've paid off.
This is how it works unfortunately.

I had a 6gb 450 min plan at $50 coming to end of the 3 year plan. I knew they would increase it to 59 minimum so I got out now and got the $38 for 4gb LTE Public Mobile plan. So far reception is better on PM, but I miss name display and having VOLTE (although not sure I ever noticed it).
Feb 8, 2014
838 posts
434 upvotes
YVR
Feneant wrote:
Funny, I called this morning and the best he would offer me was 4gb/66.50 on BYOD and thats including a 30% discount from my corporate plan! It's like Rogers want to lose me as a customer after I've been there probably 18 years.

Another thing I learned this morning... I am done paying my tab but my monthly bill will NOT go down. He said if I want my bill to go down I need to change plan otherwise I'll keep paying what I pay now including the tab cost*. To this he of course added that he can no longer give me the same plan so I'd lose data and get that 4gb for 66.50 I refer to above.

It's insane how much the big 3 charge us outside of the metro areas. Even if I said Eastlink offers me 4gb/50$ he said he couldn't match it. That was the 3rd time I called and everytime the same story, they won't give me a better price.

*I sent this to the CRTC to ask if it's allowed. Seems to me it's fraudulent to tell me I have to keep paying for a tab that I've paid off.
I'm almost in the same situation. Multi decade Rogers customer- current contract expiring in a few months. I really feel like they don't want our business. I will definitely be waiting for a better offer at Rogers or elsewhere that is similar to the offer earlier this month (4gb for $50 plan). I am interested to see if you get a response from CRTC.
Mar 6, 2017
255 posts
120 upvotes
Feneant wrote:

That happened to me too and when I asked why the bill doesn't get reduced by $20 automatically after the tab expires the rep had the audacity to tell me it's my responsibility to call in and have the plan reduced lol... and of course because my plan was no longer available they said I had to pay the price with the tab or switch to the new plans- which of course would've been more expensive

I somehow convinced him to give me a $200 one time credit for the mental anguish, pain and suffering of paying a tab that doesn't get me a new phone or has any benefit whatsoever

this is definitely something that needs to be dealt with by the CRTC though
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10147 posts
493 upvotes
The CRTC replied with some generic answer about competition which basically said 'They can do whatever they want, if you are not happy, look elsewhere for a better plan'.

I'm so annoyed, Public Mobile jacked up their prices before I could join, Eastlink refused to activate my phone, Bell won't do better than 75$ for 300 minutes and 2GB... I can't wait for back to school deals where hopefully someone will offer a deal good enough to switch!
Apr 24, 2006
921 posts
385 upvotes
GTA
dpacto wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 9:03 pm
That happened to me too and when I asked why the bill doesn't get reduced by $20 automatically after the tab expires the rep had the audacity to tell me it's my responsibility to call in and have the plan reduced lol... and of course because my plan was no longer available they said I had to pay the price with the tab or switch to the new plans- which of course would've been more expensive

I somehow convinced him to give me a $200 one time credit for the mental anguish, pain and suffering of paying a tab that doesn't get me a new phone or has any benefit whatsoever

this is definitely something that needs to be dealt with by the CRTC though
Not dropping the Tab portion after it's paid off is daylight robbery. I remember when the tab model came about a few years ago, some were skeptical that Rogers would drop it off, unfortunately they've been proven correct.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Apr 26, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
Barrie, ON
New promotion i was told just now for $30
300mb data
300 canada wide minutes
free local after 6pm on weekends
no activation/commitment
Unlimited text/video etc
Dec 23, 2012
62 posts
41 upvotes
It's so depressing to finally consider upgrading my phone, only to realize that I am forced to have a new plan. Less data for more money. Thanks Rogers.

What's more depressing is that it still seems to be the best deal out of all the main carriers. Sigh.

Side note, why do Saskatchewan and Manitoba have incredible plans in comparison to the rest of the country?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1422 posts
565 upvotes
Markham
soxboy90 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 4:57 pm
It's so depressing to finally consider upgrading my phone, only to realize that I am forced to have a new plan. Less data for more money. Thanks Rogers.

What's more depressing is that it still seems to be the best deal out of all the main carriers. Sigh.

Side note, why do Saskatchewan and Manitoba have incredible plans in comparison to the rest of the country?
Simple. More competition over there which is why they can offer "cheaper" plans with "more" data. But here, they suck of dry with DOUBLE the price and get way less of what they offer over there.
cd ~/cloudbox
Sep 12, 2013
49 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
kipperson wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 6:03 pm
300mb data
300 canada wide minutes
no activation/commitment
Unlimited text/video etc
how did you get offered this? through loyalty department?
Last edited by Blackmamba88888 on Jul 25th, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 12, 2013
49 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
kipperson wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 6:03 pm
300mb data
300 canada wide minutes
no activation/commitment
Unlimited text/video etc
just got off the phone with Rogers regular rep and loyalty department and they both can not see this promotion.
May 3, 2009
102 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I still on CORP350 with 6gb but i got an email saying that the plan will go up to $65 not $59 most people had mentioned. The rep told me $59 is for people with 5gb =S
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
Feneant wrote:

I've been with Rogers for 32 years and I thought I'd seen everything.

Note that I am in Quebec, so the various prices I mention may well be different than for people in other provinces.

What they do is play with the tab values and plan prices.

So if you want to remove the tab the plan cost goes up and instead of however much you were paying toward the tab in that amount you were paying they reduce the tab credit - My S7 was a top tier phone when I got it and I was paying $20 toward each of my tabs as part of my main line and the $50 premium tab (which used to be the top tab tier) with Canadawide calling for the second and third phone lines on a share everything + plan which, at the time (22 months ago) was $30 without a tab. Today the Canadawide notab is $45 (they graciously will include a $10 discount for 24 months FOR NEW ACTIVATIONS ONLY which brings it down to $35 for the first 2 years for new lines, but then it pops back to 45), the old Premium tab, which added $20/month toward your tab now credits $15/month and they've added a new tier called Premium + and THAT tab is $30. On top of this I have value packs on all 3 lines which give us unlimited international extreme texting, name display, visual voicemail, who called and more - - - - now they say you need to have separate value packs to get the same mix of features, further increasing the cost for the services.

So if I make any changes my old top tier plans for the add-on lines will have gone from $50 including a $20 tab, to $60 including a $15 tab (effectively a $15/month increase if you consider that the tab is reduced by $5), but the types of phones I used to get on the Premium tab have been migrated to the Premium + tier, for a total of $75 for each line.

However last month they made me an interesting unsolicited offer by e-mail to increase my data considerably to "Get everything you enjoy about your current plan, plus more data to help you get the most out of your phone" because I'd added data to my plan a few times when we were running into the limits. No conditions; no caveats beyond the usual 'long distance is extra'. The deal offered increased the plan cost on my primary line by $20 - and since I benefit from the Desjardins 10% discount, I EXPECT that the ONLY changes to what I have are that my data cap will be increased and the price I pay will be increased as well by the $20 (less 10%) plus taxes for the same basket of features I already have.

When I went to the store to activate the offer, which was one of the options they extended, and the store staff said that they agreed with my interpretation, but that the only way to get it put on my account was through retentions or the RMO. So I went home, spoke to an RMO agent after retentions told me that yes, the offer is legit, but that it requires manual intervention. SHE told me to activate the offer and that she'd then push though the pricing. But when I went to accept the offer by clicking on the custom link my account broke, so I've spent the last 4 weeks trying to get them to implement THEIR offer (which I have saved on my server for posterity) - the store staff, CSRs and RMO agents I have agreed with my interpretations, but even so I have been unsuccessful in getting it put through, in part because the original RMO agent doesn't return calls in spite of the best efforts of other agents in that office.

So I had it escalated to the office of the president who took an extremely condescending position, denying that the offer included what I had before and they now tell me it is 'too late' to claim the offer, even though I've been claiming it since it was tendered, the custom link to the offer remains active and there is no 'limited time' notation to be found anywhere at all. The offer they extended would have effectively increased my monthly rate by $65 AND I'd have lost the various features my Value Packs gave me.

So I had it escalated to the ombudsman's office where my experence is being analysed and if they don't honour the deal it will be going to the CCTS. And if they don't find for me I have an interesting commercial offer in hand from Telus.

Thank goodness I have documented the exchanges with confirming e-mails to both the RMO agents and the Office of the President.

Rogers REALLY needs to learn that when they make an offer they need to honour it.
Last edited by fredsmith on Jul 26th, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 12, 2010
482 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Just had a 1 hour chat with Rogers about the fact that my new $65 6GB Loyalty Wireless Plan (replacement for the $50 CORP350 plan) indicates on My Rogers page that it comes with Roam Like Home. After trying (and failing) to activate it I contacted Rogers by chat. They confirmed that the $65 6GB Loyalty Wireless Plan DOES NOT include Roam Like Home, even though it states that on my Rogers Page for the plan. All the CSR could do is ask me to go into a Rogers store and show them what it states on my plan page and see if they could do anything. I doubt they could but it is worth a try if I am near a store one day.
Images
  • MyWirelessPackageRoam.JPG
Thanks to all at RedFlagDeals for all the great deals obtained.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Tiger_paws