Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jan 13, 2009
332 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto, ON
whadda_dealio wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 11:04 pm
Called Rogers to get a better deal for my parents. Currently, on a 6 gb shared plan for $100, saw online a limited time offer plan of 7 gb for $67 and wanted to get them on that.
Agent told me that he can give that plan no problem but then it wouldn't be worth it as it would actually be 67 + 45 for 2nd line (was $35 before). So they'd be paying more, which made no sense. I asked if there was anything he/they can do since my parents have been with Rogers for over 18 yrs. Agent put me on hold for 2 mins and came back saying the best he can do was give a $5 discount.

Thanked him for his time and immediately called FIDO regarding the text/offer they sent me 2 weeks ago. Now, my parents are on 6 gb each (not shared as in Rogers) for $44.10 + txs. And in 3 months, it'll be 8 gb (the extra 2 gb loyalty data) for the same price.
Is the deal with Fido a QC deal?

do you have plan details???
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4704 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Rogers has a new 15GB Retention Plan.

For Premium Tab it's $145 a month. Once you add the $15 discount, it becomes $130 a month.
Jul 13, 2008
156 posts
13 upvotes
lighter786 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 12:20 am
Is the deal with Fido a QC deal?

do you have plan details???
Yes, it's 6 gb QC BYOD plan: https://www.fido.ca/nac/#/choose-plan?i ... kTextPulse

THIS PLAN INCLUDES:
Canada-wide calling
Circle CallingTM: unlimited Canada-wide calling between subscribers on the same account
UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL text, picture, and video messaging
Call Display
Voicemail
Overage Rate : $10/500 MB

FIDO PULSE PLAN EXTRAS
Fido Pulse plans now get you 5 FREE hours of data: 1 hour, 5 times a month with Data Bytes.

Live like a local and stay connected when you’re abroad with Fido Roam.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10544 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
rebel_rfd wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 8:06 pm
Rogers has a new 15GB Retention Plan.

For Premium Tab it's $145 a month. Once you add the $15 discount, it becomes $130 a month.
I just added my gfs number to my account as a 4th Line. I had a $110 premium plus tab 10GB shared data (across my iPhone and 2 tablets) and Rogers gave me 15GB for $125 per month (same premium tab) and $65 per month to add my gfs line and and iPhone 8 on a premium plus tab.

So $80 per month net increase for 5GB extra as well as an extra line with an iPhone 8 premium plus tab. They basically matched what my gf could have received from telus if I put her on my company’s corporate discount plan.

They also gave me an account credit that basically made the up front cost of the iPhone 8 about $60 after my gf traded in her iPhone 6 in store.

I’m pretty happy that Rogers was able to match Telus’ offer and keep the business.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Nov 21, 2013
24 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Who should I speak with at Rogers to get 10GB for $90 on premium plan, currently one year in on premium iPhone 6s shared. I called retentions and the best they offered was 10GB for $110 no additional savings. Currently paying $85 for 7 GB shared on main line
Oct 26, 2016
507 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
I'm on the Loyalty 4GB plan from last year during Christmas time, $50.

Is there anything better right now?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
2946 posts
171 upvotes
Montreal
Hey guys,

My 10GB for 63$ is expiring in two months, what should I expect to have right now ?
I really need at least 10GB and want to keep it under 70$ before tax, i do have a 30% corp saving available with my employer.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Feb 23, 2011
51 posts
7 upvotes
Been with Rogers for over a decade.
Bring Your Own Device, called in to loyalty dept, asked for more data on my Share Everything 2GB month to month plan.
Got Talk & Text 2+2GB, so 4 GB total, unlimited Canada wide and local calls, texts, $65.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2163 posts
368 upvotes
i'm currently on the 4GB for $50 loyalty plan from around Christmas 2016.

Popped into the Rogers store over the weekend and was offered the following, since I wanted to add my GF to my account from Bell.

4GB Share Everything Plan/Ultd Mins/Text Etc - $0 for Samsung Galaxy S8 ($99 for S8+) - $65 for first line + $70 for second line
6GB Share Everything Plan/Ultd Mins/Text Etc - $0 for Samsung Galaxy S8 ($99 for S8+) - $75 for first line + $70 for second line

4GB Share Everything Plan/Ultd Mins/Text Etc - $199 for Samsung Galaxy S8 ($299 for S8+) - $75 for first line + $55 for second line with $10 bill credit for 2 years
6GB Share Everything Plan/Ultd Mins/Text Etc - $199 for Samsung Galaxy S8 ($299 for S8+) - $85 for first line + $55 for second line with $10 bill credit for 2 years

i'm guessing the differences are premium tab & premium + tab.

What is it like extending the bill credit after the first 2 years?
Sep 25, 2017
6 posts
I have the following plan. Just finished 2 years on premium tab. Now month-to-month. Can I get some thoughts on how to reduce my bill, really could use the savings

95 x1 mainline
55 x 3 additional lines
2 lines have $5 visual voicemail etc package
10 year customer

Share Everything +6GB
Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes
Unlimited Shared Minutes
Unltd Shared Text/Pic/Video
Between Us Calling
Call Forwarding/Call Transfer
Billed Usage-Invoice Details
Call Display
Unltd Nationwide Video Call
6GB Shared Data
Unlimited Canadian LD
Worry-free data management

Ultimate goal would be about 230 - 240 pretax monthly and some additional gb (2-4 but not essentially)
Nov 21, 2013
24 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I recall reaching a team beyond the basic retentions team about a yr. ago, has others had similar experiences. Retentions don’t seem to have the ability to offer any significant savings to standard plans. Customer loyalty or something like that. Hoping to reach that level in Rogers again any advice?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12294 posts
4109 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BDLouie wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:09 am
I recall reaching a team beyond the basic retentions team about a yr. ago, has others had similar experiences. Retentions don’t seem to have the ability to offer any significant savings to standard plans. Customer loyalty or something like that. Hoping to reach that level in Rogers again any advice?
There was a separate department called Rogers Concierge who dealt with existing/long time Rogers customers and their agents seem to have access to the same retention plans as those in the customer retention department. About a year and a half ago I was dealing with a few issues with Rogers across a few services and the girl I dealt with was able to resolve all the issues. There was a direct number where I could get a hold of her directly (or to get her voicemail if she was not on shift). It actually made dealing with Rogers bearable for once where an agent actually called me back when promised.

Sadly, I'm not sure if that department still exists as I had tried calling a few times later in the year last year and the number went straight to the general Rogers number. So I'm not sure if the agent's line is no longer active or if the department was reorganized.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3041 posts
571 upvotes
whadda_dealio wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 11:04 pm
Thanked him for his time and immediately called FIDO regarding the text/offer they sent me 2 weeks ago. Now, my parents are on 6 gb each (not shared as in Rogers) for $44.10 + txs. And in 3 months, it'll be 8 gb (the extra 2 gb loyalty data) for the same price.
is this plan still available???
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4704 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Can the 30% Corp Code be applied to Retention Share Everything Plans?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)