Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3796 posts
740 upvotes
That makes sense. I'm in the same boat - corp plan, but can't upgrade without switching to "in-market" plan
Incidentally, the Essential phone just dropped in price if you want a reasonable (relatively speaking) priced phone.
it's $650 at Telus, outright.
Ebay - 247 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 73 - 0 - 0
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3210 posts
631 upvotes
ohotos wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 10:51 am
Just got off the chat with a Rogers representative. I was ready to leave for Videotron here in QC to get something better, used to be on an in-market plan of 16GB shared data BYOD with $95 for the first line and $45 for the second. I used to have credits but have been paying this for probably a year or two now.
They offered me 20GB for $90 plus the second line at $40. Not too bad, I took the offer given that data consumption is only going up.
So perhaps my deal wasn't exceptional . . . . I'm also in Quebec.

If you'll recall, the CCTS has had my file for about 6 weeks and has done nothing yet. And, as it happens whatever they do is NOT binding on the carrier, so they're useless in situations like mine. I managed to snag a good, compassionate CSR and finally came to terms with Rogers. I confirmed the arrangement with his supervisor. Moving forward my deal is:

20 gigs shared, each line with Canadawide calling, name display, visual voicemail w/35 messages, unlimited international messaging (text and MMS) and whatever else we had before. No tabs

$90 for the first line
$40 for the second
$40 for the third
-----
$170
- 17 10% discount for being a member of Desjardins
+15 for 3 value packs which make up the features
-----
$168 plus taxes

And, because my daughter is in Europe until next August one of the lines will be on 'suspension' until then, so that line will cost $7 (I doubt the 10% discount would apply to that) instead of the $41 ($40-10% + $5) otherwise, but she gets to keep her number and her line, with all its features will simply reactivate at the new price on her return.

In addition there were some cash credits which covered the TAB costs I've paid since this all started and a few months of free service (the latter offered by the Ombudsman) tossed in as well.

It's a bit more (about $23/month, because they've raised the price of no-tab lines in the past 2 years) than I should be paying based on the company's original unsolicited offer, but there comes a point when it is easier to settle than to keep fighting. In any case and because there's no tab I can always jump ship without penalty if plan costs here actually get decent or Rogers comes up with a better plan.
Oct 30, 2016
41 posts
9 upvotes
What prices are being offered for premium + tabs for one line right now? I was just forced to take a $115 10GB plan when picking up my iPhone X. Any suggestions?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12242 posts
1889 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Kane29 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:24 am
What prices are being offered for premium + tabs for one line right now? I was just forced to take a $115 10GB plan when picking up my iPhone X. Any suggestions?
Dont bother.. premium+ tabs are a rip off. Jack your monthly rate by 40-50% or more just to see a measily discount on the hardware cost. For example in my situation, I could get the X for $449 on premium+ 10GB for $145. Currently on a premium 10GB for $66. On current plan I can get the X for $599, a diff. of only $150. Premium+ rate is a jack increase of nearly double.. which means the hardware discount of $150 is made up by robbers in just over 2 mos break-even. A rip-off!! Keep in mind your contract is 24mos, not 2. Robbers profits big time!
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
3 posts
Has anyone gotten the Iphone 8 at a good price recently? Wife and I are almost done a two year Rogers contract but willing to re-sign. Currently on a 3+3GB Share everything plan.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12242 posts
1889 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
bmwx6m wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:17 am
Has anyone gotten the Iphone 8 at a good price recently? Wife and I are almost done a two year Rogers contract but willing to re-sign. Currently on a 3+3GB Share everything plan.
You can stay on same plan and negotiate the credits on the iphone 8 x 2, assuming for both you and the wife. At minimum u get 2 x $100 loyalty credit off the 2 yr contracted rate on premium plan. Other credits robbers can give to you over the fone. Negotiate with concierge. There are other credits they can throw in. *Just sayin...*

Update: Just looked at myrogers profile.
I see iphone 8 64GB for $329.
You can knock off at min another $100 via concierge and another $50 concierge discretionary credit. Total credits $150 x2 = $300 (assume 2 phones)

$329-$150 = $179 x 2 iphone 8 64GB = $358+tx. Really good deal.
This is one example where it's not worth it to buy the fones outright since u are staying on same plan.

Your profile may be different. Check myrogers account.
Oct 25, 2010
20 posts
Toronto
bmwx6m wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:17 am
how much are you paying for this plan right now?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4866 posts
1671 upvotes
Toronto
aries27 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:06 am
how much are you paying for this plan right now?
I think that plan is either $70 Or $80.

It was offered during the double data bucket promotion.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4866 posts
1671 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:02 am
You can stay on same plan and negotiate the credits on the iphone 8 x 2, assuming for both you and the wife. At minimum u get 2 x $100 loyalty credit off the 2 yr contracted rate on premium plan. Other credits robbers can give to you over the fone. Negotiate with concierge. There are other credits they can throw in. *Just sayin...*

Update: Just looked at myrogers profile.
I see iphone 8 64GB for $329.
You can knock off at min another $100 via concierge and another $50 concierge discretionary credit. Total credits $150 x2 = $300 (assume 2 phones)

$329-$150 = $179 x 2 iphone 8 64GB = $358+tx. Really good deal.
This is one example where it's not worth it to buy the fones outright since u are staying on same plan.

Your profile may be different. Check myrogers account.
Its a stretch to pull at least $150. Maybe one the 8.

The most I got was $150 so far with Relations towards my 256 X.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12242 posts
1889 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:19 am
Its a stretch to pull at least $150. Maybe one the 8.

The most I got was $150 so far with Relations towards my 256 X.
Not really. Concierge can give $100 flat out credit if you ask for it. They can give another $50 discretionary credit = $150 right there. Not hard to get if you are a long time customer and ask. BUT you have to ask! Just say Bhell or whoever is giving the same and boom! It's granted. I have $300 credit going to X 256 on standby... Want to see if more credits given during black friday and xmas before jumping in.
Last edited by aznnorth on Nov 7th, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3800 posts
1550 upvotes
Contract just finished and I'm on month to month now.

Plan is 15GB Share everything, unlimited Canada wide - $140 minus 30% ($42) discount for place of employment.
Additional line for $40 - no discounts
$156 tax in total

I'm no longer working at the place that got me the 30% discount, is there anything I can switch to that is better or about the same but gets me a phone discount? Would be looking at the Pixel line. Or is it best to stay on month to month with the 30% discount?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12242 posts
1889 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tietherope wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:29 am
Contract just finished and I'm on month to month now.

Plan is 15GB Share everything, unlimited Canada wide - $140 minus 30% ($42) discount for place of employment.
Additional line for $40 - no discounts
$156 tax in total

I'm no longer working at the place that got me the 30% discount, is there anything I can switch to that is better or about the same but gets me a phone discount? Would be looking at the Pixel line. Or is it best to stay on month to month with the 30% discount?
The fact you're on a premium plan and long time customer gives you the discounts. Robbers is giving a $100 off for loyalty right off the top. Then you can negotiate another another $150 from concierge (as noted in prior posts they can give $100 credit and an additional $50 discretionary credit). Other thing you may want to consider is downgrading your plan to save money. Do you really need 15GB?? How is your monthly usage?? So there's money to be saved there by dropping to a 10GB or less. Look at your myrogers profile if you have one set up. They show base price of fones to loyal (existing customers) which are less than store pricing.

Here's what I'm showing as current loyalty prices for existing robbers customers - Pixel 2/XL.
Keep in mind these prices are BEFORE concierge credits discussed above.

Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3800 posts
1550 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:44 am
The fact you're on a premium plan and long time customer gives you the discounts. Robbers is giving a $100 off for loyalty right off the top. Then you can negotiate another another $150 from concierge (as noted in prior posts they can give $100 credit and an additional $50 discretionary credit). Other thing you may want to consider is downgrading your plan to save money. Do you really need 15GB?? How is your monthly usage?? So there's money to be saved there by dropping to a 10GB or less. Look at your myrogers profile if you have one set up. They show base price of fones to loyal (existing customers) which are less than store pricing.

Here's what I'm showing as current loyalty prices for existing robbers customers - Pixel 2/XL.
Keep in mind these prices are BEFORE concierge credits discussed above.

Thanks for the response. I haven't negotiated with Rogers since well before tabs existed. They always backed out on what they agreed on and I have to go to the Office of the President to get my plan back, all while they treat me as if I'm lying to them or trying to steal. From there I went month to month and BYOD until this recent employee discount.

We do use 14GB a month across the two lines, so I'd have to cut back on usage, which is possible.

I have been in myrogers, but I'm not seeing the discount that you are. On both lines under upgrade device or just going to shop>wireless, I get the $449 price on the Pixel 2 XL for the premium + tab, then $649 for the premium tab.

Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12242 posts
1889 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tietherope wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:23 am
Thanks for the response. I haven't negotiated with Rogers since well before tabs existed. They always backed out on what they agreed on and I have to go to the Office of the President to get my plan back, all while they treat me as if I'm lying to them or trying to steal. From there I went month to month and BYOD until this recent employee discount.

We do use 14GB a month across the two lines, so I'd have to cut back on usage, which is possible.

I have been in myrogers, but I'm not seeing the discount that you are. On both lines under upgrade device or just going to shop>wireless, I get the $449 price on the Pixel 2 XL for the premium + tab, then $649 for the premium tab.
Those are suggested upgrade prices and price plans. I suggest contacting concierge and see what they say. The rogers upgrade prices are different for everyone. Note how yours suggest a bump up to premium+ plans which is what you dont want. Depends on existing price plans, length as customer, credit rating with rogers, etc., etc. Call concierge 1844 556 8643. Tell them you want to stay on the same share everything premium plan and what pixel prices you can give. Then play around with different GB share everything plans to lower bill pricing. Then ask about credits, etc. to lower fone cost. Dealing with robbers is a negotiation.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4866 posts
1671 upvotes
Toronto
I think his account is tagged for offers since he hasn't upgraded in awhile, I assume 6S?

Your account isn't and if you are still on a corporate plan you won't see offers.

If you need the 15GB go for the $145 15GB that Rogers has internally.

They can't add a monthly revolving $15 to it, it's an attrition plan.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

petrpuck, mzmoney