Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jul 5, 2010
86 posts
64 upvotes
fredsmith wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 12:17 am
I wish it was that simple. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

I had a similar situation; Rogers made an unsolicited e-mail offer to me. I accepted it, but was unable to get them to implement their offer. I ended up with a lot more documentation than just a chat script and it was escalated from the CSR to the Rogers Management Office (RMO), then to the OOTP who refused to honour the deal and in fact concocted a series of lies to try and wiggle out.

So, given the uselessness of the OOTP, I had it escalated to the Ombudsman's office where they offered me $650 in 'settlement' but would not tell me what my plan would be.

So I went to the CCTS who sent it back to the OOTP who contacted me, didn't have a clue what it was all about so I sent THEM all the documentation even though it was already in my file and they took 3 weeks to tell me that they would do exactly what they originally proposed, which was to have me pay $60/month+taxes more than the offer the company originally made to me. And, to make matters more insidious, they took 3 weeks to make the unreasonable offer, but only sent it as an e-mail to my personal address and then gave me 2 hours to accept the offer; 2 hours when I was working and had no access. When I got home I already had a note from the CCTS telling me that I had 'refused' the offer.

The CCTS took more than 6 additional weeks and had not gotten back to me, so I reached out to a CSR I met along the way who had suggested he could help me out if I got nowhere; We ended up making a deal at $23 more than what the offer was, but it also gave me a fairly large cash compensation credit. All went well except that I couldn't get the billing people to actually issue the credit to my account, so my issue was again escalated, this time to (and this was a new one for me) the 'escalation' department, apparently different from the RMO, OOTP and Ombudsman.

The person at this new department not only got the credit issued in about 10 minutes, he calculated that I was entitled to MORE money than I was expecting and included that amount in the total.

So, all is well except for a relatively minor issue having to do with the fact that one of my lines is suspended while my daughter is out of the country studying and for whatever reason the account seems to keep forgetting the fact, forcing me to call in each month for the credit (they keep trying to get me to have her use her Rogers account, but why would she? Her account in Europe gives her 20 gigs of data and unlimited calling to Europe and North America for $13 Canadian per month).

I believe that all the roadblocks are in place to force people with great offers to work extra hard to get what's owed in the hope that they'll settle for a larger monthly rate than the company promised.

I've been with Rogers since 1985 and by now they should know that I don't give up.

And you shouldn't either.
Just filed a complaint with CCTS. Can't believe Rogers even had the balls to offer me 4gb for $60, isn't it illegal to offer me something to come back to then then turn around and try to offer something else after I already ported back?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10692 posts
1071 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I'm wondering if these guys are from some 3rd party outfit trying to steal personal info. I had 3-4 1800#' calls show up on my caller id over the last 2 weeks. Nothing like robbers main lines like 1-877 or 1-855. Every time you call back it's a dead line. The voice mails are barely recognizable like indian dudes with thick accents saying they calling from rogers about "offer" with muffled sounds in the background typical of lame telemarketing call centers. Completely ignored them as some scam.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3182 posts
618 upvotes
muffinkevin wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 12:27 am
Just filed a complaint with CCTS. Can't believe Rogers even had the balls to offer me 4gb for $60, isn't it illegal to offer me something to come back to then then turn around and try to offer something else after I already ported back?
Immoral, inappropriate, disgusting perhaps. But if it was illegal they wouldn't be doing it. You can of course port right back out again. After all there will be deals out there with the data you expected for the price you wanted to pay - whether through one of the brokers who can get you a Manitoba plan or a Quebec plan or just by going to Freedom.

If you lived in Quebec you can get unlimited calling and 5+1+2 gigs from Koodo for $49.
Jan 21, 2014
98 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
Switched from the Share Everything to two individual lines which are 10 gigs each. Got a message saying I'm over and owe 50 bucks. no where near my limit :S this is painful.
Jan 11, 2016
24 posts
2 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Wore them down to where they gave me the deal for 12 months to start. Will have to put the pressure on again next december. The original agent made me the offer even though it was not available in Newfoundland. The office of the president rep gave me a 10gb share plan that would cost 105 but will credit me down to 60 for the year. Its a good start.
Jul 5, 2010
86 posts
64 upvotes
NewfRFD wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 6:21 pm
Wore them down to where they gave me the deal for 12 months to start. Will have to put the pressure on again next december. The original agent made me the offer even though it was not available in Newfoundland. The office of the president rep gave me a 10gb share plan that would cost 105 but will credit me down to 60 for the year. Its a good start.
I wouldn't have accepted that. I'm not stopping until I get EXACTLY WHAT I WAS OFFERED, I already filed a complaint with CCTS. After that I'm going straight to the competition bureau for false advertisement.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3182 posts
618 upvotes
muffinkevin wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 1:23 am
I wouldn't have accepted that. I'm not stopping until I get EXACTLY WHAT I WAS OFFERED, I already filed a complaint with CCTS. After that I'm going straight to the competition bureau for false advertisement.
Did you actually respond to an ad? If so, there was probably a disclaimer attached.
Jul 5, 2010
86 posts
64 upvotes
fredsmith wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 6:41 am
Did you actually respond to an ad? If so, there was probably a disclaimer attached.
No, I switched from Rogers to Koodo and they called and offered the deal to me.
Sep 15, 2016
45 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
Kevyd268 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 5:21 pm
Switched from the Share Everything to two individual lines which are 10 gigs each. Got a message saying I'm over and owe 50 bucks. no where near my limit :S this is painful.
They may have changed your billing date and given you a day or two of prorated data without telling you. That happened to me; I called them on it and they credited back the overage charge.
Aug 23, 2010
697 posts
116 upvotes
I'm reaching the end of my rope with Rogers... I've spent almost 3 hours on hold with them over the past two days. No one who answers the phone is ever able to answer my question and then transfers me to someone else (who answers the phone after another 30-45 minutes of hold music) and their offers are actually getting worse.

Currently I have two lines on a share plan:
1) $125/mo Unlimited Canada Wide with 10gb data
2) $55 month Unlimited Canada Wide

We use a fair amount of data and I would actually prefer to have 12-15gb shared across the two lines.

At this point I would be open to either a plan with Rogers or with any other competitor. Suggestions?
Sep 2, 2013
38 posts
9 upvotes
Ontario
Rustycage wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 1:37 pm
I'm reaching the end of my rope with Rogers... I've spent almost 3 hours on hold with them over the past two days. No one who answers the phone is ever able to answer my question and then transfers me to someone else (who answers the phone after another 30-45 minutes of hold music) and their offers are actually getting worse.

We use a fair amount of data and I would actually prefer to have 12-15gb shared across the two lines.

At this point I would be open to either a plan with Rogers or with any other competitor. Suggestions?
Any reason you didn't do the $60/10GB promotion? Maybe not in Ontario? Seems like that would have been a good option.
Jun 5, 2007
72 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Rustycage wrote:

Rogers has a 8GB non-shared plan for $70 on no tab/BYOD or $85 on a premium tab. It was added after the 10GB promo expired before Christmas last month and they told me it'll expire soon.

So if you have a tab balance on the phones and don't want to pay it off now, you could be looking at a total of 16GB (8 GB on each line and non-shareable) for $170 plus taxes.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3182 posts
618 upvotes
Rustycage wrote:

You need to specify your market. Plans vary by province.
Aug 23, 2010
697 posts
116 upvotes
fredsmith wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 4:15 pm
You need to specify your market. Plans vary by province.
Sorry, I'm in BC. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10692 posts
1071 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Guys, I think yall experiencing caller ID spoofing. Like I said fake companies are spoofing as robbers and offering fake deals. I just had a call 5 min ago... The number was rogers 1888.764.3771 official main line on the caller id. Indian dude asks if I'm interested in a cable, internet, homefone deal. I said I might be interested. I said what's the deal?? He goes on in blurb which I had no interest in hearing. I'm already on to this fake bs from the get go... huge amounts of noise in the background, no doubt a telemarketing center (assume from overseas(???)). After his blurb I said "I'm already with robbers with a $99 cable vip/1GB deal with a homefone (incl. 5-6 features). Dontcha know I'm already a robbers customer??" Dude says "Ohhh.. you're not Bhell??" Me: " I assume you're not really robbers either??" Dude: "Listen I'm not interested in idle chit-chat." Me: "Neither am I... Listen carefully. 4. 3.. 2... (CLICK)!! " Ha!
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)