Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jul 5, 2010
86 posts
64 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 6:56 pm
Guys, I think yall experiencing caller ID spoofing. Like I said fake companies are spoofing as robbers and offering fake deals. I just had a call 5 min ago... The number was rogers 1888.764.3771 official main line on the caller id. Indian dude asks if I'm interested in a cable, internet, homefone deal. I said I might be interested. I said what's the deal?? He goes on in blurb which I had no interest in hearing. I'm already on to this fake bs from the get go... huge amounts of noise in the background, no doubt a telemarketing center (assume from overseas(???)). After his blurb I said "I'm already with robbers with a $99 cable vip/1GB deal with a homefone (incl. 5-6 features). Dontcha know I'm already a robbers customer??" Dude says "Ohhh.. you're not Bhell??" Me: " I assume you're not really robbers either??" Dude: "Listen I'm not interested in idle chit-chat." Me: "Neither am I... Listen carefully. 4. 3.. 2... (CLICK)!! " Ha!
Definitely wasn't spoofing, i accepted the deal and got a SIM card mailed to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3182 posts
618 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 6:56 pm
Guys, I think yall experiencing caller ID spoofing. Like I said fake companies are spoofing as robbers and offering fake deals. I just had a call 5 min ago... The number was rogers 1888.764.3771 official main line on the caller id. Indian dude asks if I'm interested in a cable, internet, homefone deal. I said I might be interested. I said what's the deal?? He goes on in blurb which I had no interest in hearing. I'm already on to this fake bs from the get go... huge amounts of noise in the background, no doubt a telemarketing center (assume from overseas(???)). After his blurb I said "I'm already with robbers with a $99 cable vip/1GB deal with a homefone (incl. 5-6 features). Dontcha know I'm already a robbers customer??" Dude says "Ohhh.. you're not Bhell??" Me: " I assume you're not really robbers either??" Dude: "Listen I'm not interested in idle chit-chat." Me: "Neither am I... Listen carefully. 4. 3.. 2... (CLICK)!! " Ha!
They don't know if you are a Bell client or a Rogers one if they're block-dialing; where the computer simply dials numbers in sequence. They do have foreign call centres for telemarketing. Not likely a scam.
Dec 1, 2012
3 posts
VICTORIA
We received 2 telemarking calls from 1-855 with offers to extend the 10GB to others. Took them up for one of them. $60 (- $12 discount) + $25 line activation. Just got the SIM by mail on Thursday.
Sep 28, 2015
339 posts
170 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Amazing deals $60 10GB -20% off. So this is only possible for people who actually canceled and received a call from "winback"? I didn't know Rogers would try so hard to win back customer??? What's the point, especially considering how difficult it normally is to negotiate with retentions for much worse plans?
Dec 1, 2012
3 posts
VICTORIA
This was a third party marketing firm offering an additional line wasn’t a win back.
Jul 22, 2011
640 posts
130 upvotes
Burlington
warmdeals wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 9:09 pm
Amazing deals $60 10GB -20% off. So this is only possible for people who actually canceled and received a call from "winback"? I didn't know Rogers would try so hard to win back customer??? What's the point, especially considering how difficult it normally is to negotiate with retentions for much worse plans?
Same here ported to Rogers and Fido called an offered me 25% off for a year if I port back. Took the offer so now my cost for $60 10GB plan is $45 for a year.
Jan 6, 2018
7 posts
im switching to public mobile.
in Ontario.
Im on a legacy plan, $85 6 gb shared data, Canada wide calling, 2 additional lines at $55 each. total is $195 per month before tax. $220 per month after tax.
I missed the 10gb/$60 deal.

Tried calling rogers just now, and they said they cant do anything to offer me a better price, no discount not even $5 off a month.

I told them about the price im getting with Public Mobile, and Telus, and they said they cant compete on price. I asked whats the best offer they can do, as I like some aspects and find value in sticking with Rogers, and nothing. They didnt budge and said they cant do anything.

public mobile is coming to about $47 per month after tax for 2gb per month.
Jul 22, 2011
640 posts
130 upvotes
Burlington
muzbot wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:26 pm
im switching to public mobile.
in Ontario.
Im on a legacy plan, $85 6 gb shared data, Canada wide calling, 2 additional lines at $55 each. total is $195 per month before tax. $220 per month after tax.
I missed the 10gb/$60 deal.

Tried calling rogers just now, and they said they cant do anything to offer me a better price, no discount not even $5 off a month.

I told them about the price im getting with Public Mobile, and Telus, and they said they cant compete on price. I asked whats the best offer they can do, as I like some aspects and find value in sticking with Rogers, and nothing. They didnt budge and said they cant do anything.

public mobile is coming to about $47 per month after tax for 2gb per month.
Check out Zoomer Wireless which runs on the Rogers network.
zoomer-wireless-zoomer-unpublicized-dea ... m-2142135/
May 29, 2012
427 posts
100 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Hi,
I just negotiated a new small business plan for my family. I'm just looking for some feed back on whether it is the best I could get or if I should have pushed harder.
It was for six lines and I had a requirement to stick with the big three providers.

I got 5GB x 6 lines, shared, unlim nationwide everything else.
Iphone 8 64 gb for $200, on two year contract
Paying $475/month less 10% bill discount = $427.50/6 = $71.25/line
I also was able to get $500 port-in credit per line, so credits worth $3000
With credit divided over 2 yr contract it bring my per line monthly fee to $50.42
I think that is a pretty decent deal but just curios if anybody could have gotten better.
Mar 20, 2012
69 posts
7 upvotes
I switched to the $60/10GB plan a few weeks ago, not because I needed the extra data, but because I knew it was a good plan, and it made sense to change.

I recently found out that Baka/Bell is offering a corporate $60/5GB plan, which is obviously less attractive, but it is eligible for a $500 hardware upgrade credit (which the $60/10GB plan is not). I doubt Rogers would be willing to match this, so is it worth saving $500 on a new phone by switching over to a worse plan? Please help me decide!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11094 posts
3446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flygirlk wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:04 pm
I switched to the $60/10GB plan a few weeks ago, not because I needed the extra data, but because I knew it was a good plan, and it made sense to change.

I recently found out that Baka/Bell is offering a corporate $60/5GB plan, which is obviously less attractive, but it is eligible for a $500 hardware upgrade credit (which the $60/10GB plan is not). I doubt Rogers would be willing to match this, so is it worth saving $500 on a new phone by switching over to a worse plan? Please help me decide!
Only you can decide whether the extra 5GB/mo. is worth the $500 discount on the phone. The $500 discount over 24 months is ~$20/mo. So that equates to $40/mo. for a 5GB BYOD/no-tab plan. If you think that's still a pretty good deal then by all means switch if you know you won't need the extra 5GB/mo.
Mar 20, 2012
69 posts
7 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:35 pm
Only you can decide whether the extra 5GB/mo. is worth the $500 discount on the phone. The $500 discount over 24 months is ~$20/mo. So that equates to $40/mo. for a 5GB BYOD/no-tab plan. If you think that's still a pretty good deal then by all means switch if you know you won't need the extra 5GB/mo.
Thank you, @rvs007! I needed someone to math it out for me. I don't think the $500 is worth losing out on the $60/10GB plan, I just wish there was a way to subsidize my phone purchase without having to switch to the $85 or $110 plan.
May 17, 2017
79 posts
185 upvotes
I upgraded to a pixel 2 during the black Friday sales, and for "loyalty" Rogers gave me $150 off the phone, and another $50 off of the remaining tab I had ($80 or so).
I then did the math, and figured switching to the 10GB plan was actually a better deal for me, and was set to pay off the balance ($700ish with tax) on my next bill.

I had some issues with customer service, and clarification of my bill for this period that I couldn't get resolved, and was pretty fed up with Rogers.

I sent a complaint in through the Better Business Bureau. I let Rogers know how sick and tired I was of continually being told that this is the "best offer" to have Rogers then turn around and offer new customers a better deal a few weeks later.
I have also had Rogers wireless for over 10 years, not sure if that makes a big difference.

But what ended up happening, is that the lady from Office of the President ended up crediting me the entire cost of the upgrade ($700ish + the $200 from before). So I am on the 10GB $60 plan, and got the phone for free basically.

I was quite happy.
Mar 7, 2011
53 posts
8 upvotes
scottmg wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:27 am
I upgraded to a pixel 2 during the black Friday sales, and for "loyalty" Rogers gave me $150 off the phone, and another $50 off of the remaining tab I had ($80 or so).
I then did the math, and figured switching to the 10GB plan was actually a better deal for me, and was set to pay off the balance ($700ish with tax) on my next bill.

I had some issues with customer service, and clarification of my bill for this period that I couldn't get resolved, and was pretty fed up with Rogers.

I sent a complaint in through the Better Business Bureau. I let Rogers know how sick and tired I was of continually being told that this is the "best offer" to have Rogers then turn around and offer new customers a better deal a few weeks later.
I have also had Rogers wireless for over 10 years, not sure if that makes a big difference.

But what ended up happening, is that the lady from Office of the President ended up crediting me the entire cost of the upgrade ($700ish + the $200 from before). So I am on the 10GB $60 plan, and got the phone for free basically.

I was quite happy.

OMG!!!!!!! That's a good deal at the end. I have issues with Rogers at this moment. Maybe I should try this too.

Thanks.
May 17, 2017
79 posts
185 upvotes
gorocket1981 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:33 am
OMG!!!!!!! That's a good deal at the end. I have issues with Rogers at this moment. Maybe I should try this too.

Thanks.
If you have been a customer for a while, then for sure it is worth a shot. Just make sure you document everything in the BBB complaint. (dates and times you called, interaction IDs, etc)
I sent the complaint last week and got a call the next day. Very efficient. Good luck!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)