Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3191 posts
622 upvotes
simbashen544645 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:10 pm
Guys what should I do? I finally left Rogers last month and signed up with another carrier, but I received a call from Rogers last week asking me to go back, and they will give me the 10gb plan for $48. I accepted the deal and received a sim card from Rogers just a day after. However, the plan is not as described, it is showing 500mb only in my account page for a week, and now they are charging me $60 + connection fee + tax... I have called Rogers several times regarding this issue, but the reps keep telling me they cannot do anything, as they stated that they have to escalate the issue to another team.
Call them, ask for the management office as the first step; If no solution update to the Office of the President; Next, the ombudsman; Lastly the CCTS.

Or . . . . . . . just leave again.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7343 posts
1295 upvotes
Long time Rogers subscriber here, we switched to the $60/10GB plan when it was available that bf weekend, but someone from Rogers called us again last wk.

Said they were still able to offer the $60/10GB plan again if we are interested but we said we had already switched, so they then said they could offer the same to our f&f if we know anyone.

So, if anyone is wanting that deal or better, may be worth a try calling.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Jan 19, 2007
724 posts
242 upvotes
Torontario
Smiling Face With Open Mouth Wow, somebody grew a consciousness in Rogers wrt Better Choice Bundle discount or there was loyal customers backlash
Dear Valued Customer,

You might have seen a message from us telling you about the discontinuation of the Better Choice Bundles discount. We sent it to you accidentally and apologize for any confusion it caused.
There are upcoming changes to this discount that we will be letting you know about at a future date – at this time, your discount is not changing. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-888-764-3771.

Thanks again for choosing Rogers.

Rogers accidentally killings a discount - what are the chances for that?
Jun 5, 2007
74 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure how long this will go for, but currently Rogers has a 8GB non-shared BYOD/no tab plan for $70. Or 8GB for $85 on a premium tab or $95 on a premium+tab.

All three plans are considered retention plans, meaning they are eligible for the better choice bundles discount. So if you use less than 8GB a month and are currently on the 10GB for $85 (premium tab) or $110 (premium+ tab) plan, then I would move to the 8GB version and get the BCB discount. The BCB discount is not applicable to the 10GB promotional plans.
Dec 18, 2017
11 posts
fredsmith wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:49 pm
Call them, ask for the management office as the first step; If no solution update to the Office of the President; Next, the ombudsman; Lastly the CCTS.

Or . . . . . . . just leave again.
How do I raise the issue to the office of the president or ccts? Also, can I refuse to pay the bill to Rogers since they did not offer me the plan that is discussed if I choose to leave them? I am currently with Bell's $60 10gb plan, so there is no reason to stay with Rogers if they cannot give me the $48 10gb plan.
Jun 5, 2007
74 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
mushroomcheese wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 5:50 pm
Does anyone know if the 10GB for $60 plan is still available?
I inquired earlier this week and it's not currently available. The rep told me they have been reaching out to those who were put on a waiting list during the promotion.
Sep 28, 2015
353 posts
172 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
simbashen544645 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:14 pm
How do I raise the issue to the office of the president or ccts? Also, can I refuse to pay the bill to Rogers since they did not offer me the plan that is discussed if I choose to leave them? I am currently with Bell's $60 10gb plan, so there is no reason to stay with Rogers if they cannot give me the $48 10gb plan.
You can chat with the management office here https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contact ... -a-concern
It’s best if you have some evidence from your previous conversation. If it was Rogers who called u they might have notes in the system, but if it’s a third party dealer calling you need evidence.
May 17, 2017
80 posts
185 upvotes
simbashen544645 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:14 pm
send a complaint through the Better Business Bureau.
https://www.bbb.org/
Dec 18, 2017
11 posts
warmdeals wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:25 pm
You can chat with the management office here https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contact ... -a-concern
It’s best if you have some evidence from your previous conversation. If it was Rogers who called u they might have notes in the system, but if it’s a third party dealer calling you need evidence.
Just an update, I had a chat with Rogers' management office, and even they cannot add the plan for me. Therefore, I ask them to cancel my account, and that I refuse to pay the bill. After 1 minute, they told me my account is now canceled and I will received the refund <-- fastest Rogers service I have ever experienced

Thanks for all the helps~
Dec 21, 2016
147 posts
93 upvotes
simbashen544645 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:10 pm
Just an update, I had a chat with Rogers' management office, and even they cannot add the plan for me. Therefore, I ask them to cancel my account, and that I refuse to pay the bill. After 1 minute, they told me my account is now canceled and I will received the refund <-- fastest Rogers service I have ever experienced

I hope you are with some better company now. Recently, they have been very tough after the $60 for 10gb. I am with Fido. I am trying to ask for a better plan and says Freedom is offering great deal again. But Fido's CSR just refused again, again, and again. I guess same company Fido and Rogers. So they are really tough. Fido CSR even tell me: "you know lots of customers comes back after 1 week with Freedom."
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3191 posts
622 upvotes
simbashen544645 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:10 pm

I'm guessing you weren't attached to your phone number, because when YOU cancel it, the number goes into the pool, when you port out it goes to the new carrier. I'd personally have followed the sequence of options to the conclusion before jumping ship because the CCTS could have required them to give you what was promised, though it would take a couple of months to get there and the ombudsman probably would have granted you a cash credit if the OOP was unwilling to make it happen.

When you had written that you would refuse to pay your bill I was going to suggest negotiating out because 'not paying' will cause your credit score to take a serious hit.

Whomever you went with . . . . good luck.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1962 posts
113 upvotes
I have an odd situation I would like some advice on.

I have TV, Internet and Wireless with Rogers.

TV and Internet are on the $100 Gigabit/VIP deal. Which I have no idea if I have a date that will end. Nothing shows it will end anyways.

My main question though is around wireless. I have 2 lines. Both were on my corporate $55/month 5GB plans. We upgraded Dec 2013 to this plan and our devices iPhone 6. I was successful in getting the 10GB plan. Called the BSS line and a rep switched both lines within minutes. Great.

Fast forward to first billing cycle and I noticed they were never moved over to the consumer TV/Internet side. They are still under the business side and show the correct plan, usage etc.

Should I be concerned? Should I push to move them over? Am I losing out on anything, such as bundle discount or anything from the business side?

I would like to upgrade our devices, but that won’t be an option on this plan I assume.

Thanks for your help!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1639 posts
424 upvotes
Anyone able to get iphone X at a decent price. Best I was offered was $95 for 8GB, 2 years, iphone X for $599 less $200 credit.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)