Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1456 posts
375 upvotes
Anyone able to get iphone X at a decent price. Best I was offered was $95 for 8GB, 2 years, iphone X for $599 less $200 credit.
Sep 13, 2012
317 posts
128 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
cyphon21 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 11:40 am
I have an odd situation I would like some advice on.

I have TV, Internet and Wireless with Rogers.

TV and Internet are on the $100 Gigabit/VIP deal. Which I have no idea if I have a date that will end. Nothing shows it will end anyways.

My main question though is around wireless. I have 2 lines. Both were on my corporate $55/month 5GB plans. We upgraded Dec 2013 to this plan and our devices iPhone 6. I was successful in getting the 10GB plan. Called the BSS line and a rep switched both lines within minutes. Great.

Fast forward to first billing cycle and I noticed they were never moved over to the consumer TV/Internet side. They are still under the business side and show the correct plan, usage etc.

Should I be concerned? Should I push to move them over? Am I losing out on anything, such as bundle discount or anything from the business side?

I would like to upgrade our devices, but that won’t be an option on this plan I assume.

Thanks for your help!
Generally speaking if you're not paying more than you should don't do anything.

Document for your records all interaction numbers, dates, and names for the individual/s who set everything up and what you were expecting to see on your bill vs what you're actually seeing. When the time comes where the changes (or lack thereof) actually impact your account negatively that's when you escalate and work backwards towards a successful resolution (read: generous credits).

Just my $0.02 based on personal experiences.
Feb 16, 2017
180 posts
141 upvotes
Hey guys. What is the cheapest Smart Tab plan available with Unlimited Canada wide calling for a device upgrade? Thank you.
Oct 16, 2005
404 posts
121 upvotes
Hey All,

Just wanted to inform you that Rogers has a current deal going on, it may only be GTA (ontario) and targeted.

I was sent an email for 20GB for $140/ main line a month. Premium tab too! The secondary lines are $70/month premium tab, $55/no tab.
When I called into inquire about the secondary lines, they also offered a promotion similar to the 10GB for $60.

It was 8GB for 70$ (no tab), and $85 for Premium tab. I did not ask about premium plus as this plan does not make sense for my family. Maybe it makes sense for someone here, or if someone missed out on the 10GB / $85 (premium tab) they can try to redeem.

THIS WAS OFFERED FROM RETENTION / LOYALTY. Again, I apologize if it is YMMV (or targeted), but let me know if anyone has success!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3177 posts
617 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 9:21 am
Hey All,

Just wanted to inform you that Rogers has a current deal going on, it may only be GTA (ontario) and targeted.

I was sent an email for 20GB for $140/ main line a month. Premium tab too! The secondary lines are $70/month premium tab, $55/no tab.
When I called into inquire about the secondary lines, they also offered a promotion similar to the 10GB for $60.
You should consider signing up with Desjardins to get a 10% discount on the line (but not the value pack) costs. The promo is good for Quebec and Ontario.
Oct 16, 2005
404 posts
121 upvotes
fredsmith wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 11:27 am
You should consider signing up with Desjardins to get a 10% discount on the line (but not the value pack) costs. The promo is good for Quebec and Ontario.
The main line? Or every line?
I currently get 30% off main line only right now. Discount would drop if we go individual
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3177 posts
617 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 11:39 pm
The main line? Or every line?
I currently get 30% off main line only right now. Discount would drop if we go individual
Every line, but nope, not stackable. Of course if you'd mentioned that you get a discount from the quoted numbers I'd have known not to have suggest it.
Nov 1, 2013
23 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Beware they will increase your secondary lines to $70.00/month. I was offered a similar deal and it would have cost me $660.00 because they will move all your lines to in market plans and the primary will be $115.00. Call them first before accepting.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10583 posts
1018 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tinkoo3000 wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 6:55 pm
I got an email for $115 for 10GB. Is this any good or ripoff?
Rip-off. Even if you have 4 services (less 12%) the plan comes to $101.20. Terrible when you consider the xmas promo of $60, 10Gb single line no tab and $85, 10Gb with tab.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Apr 24, 2006
733 posts
176 upvotes
fredsmith wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 11:27 am
Does the Desjardins discount work on the $60/10GB plan?
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
"Thanks OP. Didn't need them until RFD'ers convinced me that i did!"
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3177 posts
617 upvotes
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 8:00 pm
Does the Desjardins discount work on the $60/10GB plan?
It should. I had it on my old 8 Gig share everything plan and I have it applied to my present 20 Gig share everything plan.

Membership in Desjardins involves buying one share in the co-op ($5, refundable if you ever close the account) and opening a small bank account or buying a financial product . . . . I put $100 into a savings account.
Apr 24, 2006
733 posts
176 upvotes
fredsmith wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 11:00 pm
I’ve had an account for ages, but was on corporate plan so was not eligible for the discount. I’ll call in and see if I can get it applied.

It should. I had it on my old 8 Gig share everything plan and I have it applied to my present 20 Gig share everything plan.

Membership in Desjardins involves buying one share in the co-op ($5, refundable if you ever close the account) and opening a small bank account or buying a financial product . . . . I put $100 into a savings account.
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
"Thanks OP. Didn't need them until RFD'ers convinced me that i did!"
Dec 15, 2014
2 posts
Toronto, on
i was offered the same plan from Rogers retentions: 8GB for 70$ (no tab), and $85 for Premium tab. They said the offer would not last long - maybe another week or so. includes unlimited canada wide calling, text, call display and enhanced vmail.
Oct 3, 2007
429 posts
14 upvotes
Ontario
mcg wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:39 pm
That's brutal guys. Can't believe what I'm reading.

Glad I left Rogers for wireless... had enough of their crap.
Yea, i know some in your situation. and they are happy after. :)