Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3177 posts
617 upvotes
You know what ticks me off? When I just get through a brutal set of negotiations with Rogers to get them to honour an unsolicited offer that they made out of the blue and then subsequently reneged on, and in order to simply finish talking to them decided to concede slightly and pay them a few extra bucks a month rather than fight them for the last $23/month that they were resisting.

We get the plan in place in November and, beyond the fact that they can't seem to organise to get the billing right, on the January bill they hit me up with a $2/month/line increase in the cost of my value packs. I gather that anyone with a $5 value pack is being increased as of mid January according to the note on the bill.

If I'd had advance notice of the pending increase you can rest assured that I would have pushed them harder to get the deal that THEY offered ME.

I will be raising the matter when I call them to adjust the bill for the improper charges and get them to enable the visual voicemail that the kids lines are missing, but are listed on the bill as being included. They couldn't care, since the only people who leave them voicemail messages are their parents, but if I have to pay the money for a feature they will damned well provide it.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1080 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
whoa what a day with these clowns!

Trying to move into a new phone looking to move into a 7 or 7 plus from a SE. So I call them up they agree to waive my early upgrade fee for customer loyality... Great not an issue... we go to chat about phones and she said the system has stopped her however cause I get a corporate discount or 30%

Ok no worries she tells me she will document my phone convo in regards to waving the early HUP fee.

Call back this morning talk to someone in the business relations department and advise them of last nights convo guy puts me on hold... come back and I explain want to upgrade my phone not touch my plan, currently paying 160 12 gigs shared two lines after tax. He put me on hold goes and talk to someone come back and says not a an issue.

Awesome so we start talking 7 plus 32 gb for 199.99 ( I found out after its a Premium plus tab) I say ok great its that or a 7 128gb whish is less at 129.00 dollars I ask his opinion he said he has 7 and hes happy with it I make sure the very last part of our call I ask very clearly... " but upgrading this will not change my plan what so ever just walk in get my phone using my SE as trade credit and leave" he replied " yes that's correct, just call us back to apply the credits once its done" awesome!

So I go to the store settle in on the IPhone 7 128 gb guy rings it up goes ok 379.99 on a premium tab I was like that's not what I was told... I was told 129 no change to my plan, he goes nope that's incorrect for you to keep you plan the device is 379.99 back on the phone I go... wait again then get a new rep she says there is not much we can do here... I told her I want the call pulled cause I was pretty clear by my questions and prices.

She tells me its a 15 day process ! WTF!

so now I wait!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10915 posts
3341 upvotes
Toronto, ON
goleafsgo5 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:29 pm
whoa what a day with these clowns!

Trying to move into a new phone looking to move into a 7 or 7 plus from a SE. So I call them up they agree to waive my early upgrade fee for customer loyality... Great not an issue... we go to chat about phones and she said the system has stopped her however cause I get a corporate discount or 30%

Ok no worries she tells me she will document my phone convo in regards to waving the early HUP fee.

Call back this morning talk to someone in the business relations department and advise them of last nights convo guy puts me on hold... come back and I explain want to upgrade my phone not touch my plan, currently paying 160 12 gigs shared two lines after tax. He put me on hold goes and talk to someone come back and says not a an issue.

Awesome so we start talking 7 plus 32 gb for 199.99 ( I found out after its a Premium plus tab) I say ok great its that or a 7 128gb whish is less at 129.00 dollars I ask his opinion he said he has 7 and hes happy with it I make sure the very last part of our call I ask very clearly... " but upgrading this will not change my plan what so ever just walk in get my phone using my SE as trade credit and leave" he replied " yes that's correct, just call us back to apply the credits once its done" awesome!

So I go to the store settle in on the IPhone 7 128 gb guy rings it up goes ok 379.99 on a premium tab I was like that's not what I was told... I was told 129 no change to my plan, he goes nope that's incorrect for you to keep you plan the device is 379.99 back on the phone I go... wait again then get a new rep she says there is not much we can do here... I told her I want the call pulled cause I was pretty clear by my questions and prices.

She tells me its a 15 day process ! WTF!

so now I wait!
I went through a similar fiasco two years ago when I was upgrading to the 7... at the time, I called their loyalty department and got them to offer me HUP price of $330 if I switched to an in-market ShareEverything plan (I was on a SE plan but it wasn't in-market). So I agreed and walked into the Rogers store where I shipped my reserved phone to. The guy at the store rang it up but the HUP showed up as $530. So I ended up calling their loyalty department again and speaking to a supervisor who pulled up the call records and confirmed that I was told the HUP price was agreed to be $330 even though I confirmed many times over the course of the call that I would be staying in the premium plan. The $330 HUP price was for the Premium+ plan. So the supervisor said she will credit me $200 for the difference so I went ahead with the HUP while keeping my SE plan on premium, but ended up getting premium+ phone subsidy.

If the agent confirmed with you what the phone upgrade price was, then Rogers should honour it (by giving you a credit if necessary). If you don't get anywhere with the manager, escalate it up to the OOTP.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1080 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:45 pm
I went through a similar fiasco two years ago when I was upgrading to the 7... at the time, I called their loyalty department and got them to offer me HUP price of $330 if I switched to an in-market ShareEverything plan (I was on a SE plan but it wasn't in-market). So I agreed and walked into the Rogers store where I shipped my reserved phone to. The guy at the store rang it up but the HUP showed up as $530. So I ended up calling their loyalty department again and speaking to a supervisor who pulled up the call records and confirmed that I was told the HUP price was agreed to be $330 even though I confirmed many times over the course of the call that I would be staying in the premium plan. The $330 HUP price was for the Premium+ plan. So the supervisor said she will credit me $200 for the difference so I went ahead with the HUP while keeping my SE plan on premium, but ended up getting premium+ phone subsidy.

If the agent confirmed with you what the phone upgrade price was, then Rogers should honour it (by giving you a credit if necessary). If you don't get anywhere with the manager, escalate it up to the OOTP.
Did they pull the call same day or did ya have to wait ?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10915 posts
3341 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It was the same day... actually I was outside the store in my car talking to the supervisor and after resolving the issue with her, I then went back into the store to finalize the HUP.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1080 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:11 pm
It was the same day... actually I was outside the store in my car talking to the supervisor and after resolving the issue with her, I then went back into the store to finalize the HUP.
think I could call back and just ask for a supervisor? or wait
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1080 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:47 pm
Good luck!
got it no change to the plan if I went to the store I would have has to shell out 379.99 and then they would credit me. So she shipped it should have it tomorrow 129.99 going on the bill no changes to my plan no other fees! no other changes!
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1953 posts
111 upvotes
goleafsgo5 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:31 pm
got it no change to the plan if I went to the store I would have has to shell out 379.99 and then they would credit me. So she shipped it should have it tomorrow 129.99 going on the bill no changes to my plan no other fees! no other changes!
Did they say the previous CCRs did this in error? Or is this something still possible. I was trying to upgrade our devices, from a corporate plan but they wont unless I change the plan to the new premium ones.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1080 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
cyphon21 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 5:22 pm
Did they say the previous CCRs did this in error? Or is this something still possible. I was trying to upgrade our devices, from a corporate plan but they wont unless I change the plan to the new premium ones.
I am on premium tab NOT PREMIUM PLUS.... so I already have a premium plan....
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1104 posts
249 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cdnlights wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 10:10 am
i was offered the same plan from Rogers retentions: 8GB for 70$ (no tab), and $85 for Premium tab. They said the offer would not last long - maybe another week or so. includes unlimited canada wide calling, text, call display and enhanced vmail.
so so deal. i was offered 14GB for $75 or 20GB for $90 (in Quebec)
since i was already paying $70 (before any discount) for 10GB, it was a no brainer for me to jump on the 14GB plan
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10583 posts
1018 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Anyone know the rogers concierge number? They change it! Argh!! It was 1.844.556.8643 and now it redirects you to main line number 1.888.764.3771. Concierge is like retentions. They can give loyalty deals and everything right away instead of waiting for the low level clowns in general customer service to escalate. This pisses me off.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1080 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
warmdeals wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:25 pm
You can chat with the management office here https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contact ... -a-concern
It’s best if you have some evidence from your previous conversation. If it was Rogers who called u they might have notes in the system, but if it’s a third party dealer calling you need evidence.
Guys believe it or not I find my best results came from this link! After two days of bull shit I opened that link clicked chat and In 20 mins it was done !

Good luck
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
3373 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Kinda unrelated to retentions...

Currently I have tv, internet and home phone with Rogers and cell with Bell. Thinking of leaving Bell. Will Rogers be able to offer me anything considering I am a current customer but not on wireless?