Penalty Box
Jan 17, 2012
4421 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
silky28 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 8:47 am
Kinda unrelated to retentions...

Currently I have tv, internet and home phone with Rogers and cell with Bell. Thinking of leaving Bell. Will Rogers be able to offer me anything considering I am a current customer but not on wireless?
Anyone?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11500 posts
1509 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
ohnabatko wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 9:37 pm
Interesting. My Feb-1st bill still shows the discount...will keep a hawkish eye :)
Apparently it ends when your term promo ends. Yes, it is a real thing. Robbers IS ending the better choice bundle discount. The monopoly needs some way to up the prices.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Nov 23, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
I had two lines with shared everything plan. The main line was on contract - $85 for 5GB, unlimited Canada wide , Spotify for two years
2nd line - $45 (BYOP)
My contract was up for renewal and was thinking to buy iPhone 8+ outright and go with BYOP plan. So I asked Rogers if they have any good deal to offer for hardware upgrade since I don’t want to pay more than what I am paying currently.

Renewed my contract to $85 (Premium Tab)for 10GB non shared (main line) and $45 for 1GB (second line).
Jun 5, 2007
75 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 12:05 pm
Apparently it ends when your term promo ends. Yes, it is a real thing. Robbers IS ending the better choice bundle discount. The monopoly needs some way to up the prices.
I'm guessing the term promo refers to the residential/home services (TV, internet, home phone)? I believe the BCB discount on the wireless side comes from the residential side, depending on how many services you have. The BCB discount is "surpressed" on residential side if there are deeper discounts but appears on the wireless side for the majority of plans.

So if one got a two year residential term offer last month (January 2018), I'm assuming the BCB discount will apply to the wireless side until January 2020, provided no changes are made to the residential package.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11500 posts
1509 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Toronto15 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 7:35 pm
I'm guessing the term promo refers to the residential/home services (TV, internet, home phone)? I believe the BCB discount on the wireless side comes from the residential side, depending on how many services you have. The BCB discount is "surpressed" on residential side if there are deeper discounts but appears on the wireless side for the majority of plans.

So if one got a two year residential term offer last month (January 2018), I'm assuming the BCB discount will apply to the wireless side until January 2020, provided no changes are made to the residential package.
Correct. The BCB discount expire when your wireless term promo comes due.
Mar 20, 2012
74 posts
7 upvotes
This isn't so much about retentions... but since getting subsidized phones on a decent plan is no longer an option, does anyone have any recommendations for best places to buy a phone outright (best price, cashback, etc.)? Looking at the iPhone X.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11500 posts
1509 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
flygirlk wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 7:56 am
This isn't so much about retentions... but since getting subsidized phones on a decent plan is no longer an option, does anyone have any recommendations for best places to buy a phone outright (best price, cashback, etc.)? Looking at the iPhone X.
Right now dont buy anything. Save $100 a month or so put toward the next iphones coming in the fall. Apple is releasing 3 versions... iphone X2+, iPhone X2, and iPhone X2 (lcd). I would wait for IOS 12 anyway...
Sep 12, 2013
34 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
flygirlk wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 7:56 am
Rogers was able to offer me the same $85/month plan ($60 10gb + $25 for a subsidized phone) that Fido had recently for loyalty customers. I am able to choose from Samsung Galaxy 8 64gb, Google Pixel 2 64gb, or Iphone 8 64gb. Decisions decisions for the phone lol. Having a hard decision between the S8 and Pixel 2...which ones better???
Jun 17, 2008
30 posts
3 upvotes
Kanata
Personally I would go with the Pixel 2 but all choices are good phones. Are all these choices $0 dollar up front for the phone?

I was offered $80 5GB premium Plus plan which is not as good of a deal. They also offered BYOD deals of $45 1Gb, $55 2GB and $65 4GB. I guess I need to call back and negotiate some more.
May 7, 2006
333 posts
33 upvotes
Ontario
My contract ends at the end of April and did a live chat with customer retentions. I was offered the following (did a copy and paste of the transcript; the grammar isn't all that good):

My current plan is $70 a month:
2.5GB, unlimited voice and text, voicemail, caller ID, NHL Gamecentre and Spotify

- If you upgrade the phone, the plan will be 2gb unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited text, caller id and voice mail for $110 (less 30% = $77)
- If you do not upgrade the phone the plan will be , 2gb unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited text, caller id and voice mail for $85 (less 30% = $59.50)

I asked for something better, and was then offered:

- 6 gb 300 local calling, unlimited text, caller id and voice mail for $100 (less 30% = $70)
- 6 gb 300 local calling, unlimited text, caller id and voice mail for $135 (less 30% = $94.50) with a phone upgrade

I am considering moving to Bell which is offering the following for $60 per month as a new customer (corporate discount)
6 gb, 250 local calling, unlimited evening and weekend from 5pm, caller id and voicemail

BYOD or a new phone, the price for the plan with Bell is the same. However, any new phone costs extra and requires a two year contract (BYOD does not require a contract). With Bell, an iPhone 8 would be $429 (paid upfront), a Samsung S8 would be $190, S8+ $290.

Thoughts?
Sep 12, 2013
34 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
m1k_3 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 5:08 pm
Personally I would go with the Pixel 2 but all choices are good phones. Are all these choices $0 dollar up front for the phone?

I was offered $80 5GB premium Plus plan which is not as good of a deal. They also offered BYOD deals of $45 1Gb, $55 2GB and $65 4GB. I guess I need to call back and negotiate some more.
Yes $0 upfront.
Jan 16, 2013
74 posts
51 upvotes
Etobicoke
Hey all, want some people to chime in.

Is $135 good for a 15GB retention plan, Premium+ Canada Wide Calling (ON plan)?

They are throwing in a $25 credit for six months too.

Or.... +$15 for 20GB Premium+ Canada Wide Calling ($150)
Dec 14, 2017
69 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
Heads up, got off the phone with Rogers retentions.. Apparently there's a $70/10gb plan (retentions only) for those that missed out on the $60/10gb bonanza in Dec...

It's BYOD
must be a "post paid" customer for 6 months
Not sure but worth it for (BC,ONT,AB)

Not as good as $60 but still phenomenal @ $70. (Almost 50% off of most carriers)
Oct 26, 2016
475 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Was offered the following:

$80 5GB premium plus plan
iPhone X $199

Is this a good deal or can the iPhone X be acquired cheaper elsewhere?

Currently on the $50 4GB loyalty MTM BYOD plan...looking for a HUP
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1229 posts
802 upvotes
nestleman wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 3:56 pm
Was offered the following:

$80 5GB premium plus plan
iPhone X $199

Is this a good deal or can the iPhone X be acquired cheaper elsewhere?

Currently on the $50 4GB loyalty MTM BYOD plan...looking for a HUP
I think it is pretty good. Think of it this way, iPhone X retails for $1330. Let's just use $1300 for our case.

That means you are getting a 'discount' of $1100. Divide by 24 months, you get $45.

Essentially, you are paying $35 for 5 GB data + $45 for the iPhone X. That is pretty good. You are even eligible for further 20-30% off per month with work discount.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)