[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3263 posts
1792 upvotes
Toronto
Blackmamba88888 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 4:29 pm
Rogers was able to offer me the same $85/month plan ($60 10gb + $25 for a subsidized phone) that Fido had recently for loyalty customers. I am able to choose from Samsung Galaxy 8 64gb, Google Pixel 2 64gb, or Iphone 8 64gb. Decisions decisions for the phone lol. Having a hard decision between the S8 and Pixel 2...which ones better???
Glad I looked at this thread. I was just offered the $85/month for 10gb with an iPhone 8 but it costed $199 upfront.... been with rogers 15 years. I will fight for $0.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3263 posts
1792 upvotes
Toronto
How is $85/month for 10GB of data with an iPhone 8 Plus for $129 down? Seems good to me
FreezingCanada wrote:
Nov 23, 2017
56 posts
8 upvotes
Is the $85 a premium plan or premium plus ?

I'm on shared 10gb premium plan which is around $125 and no way they are giving the iPhone 8 or other premium phones at $0 or even cheap
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3263 posts
1792 upvotes
Toronto
V12izm wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 7:43 pm
Is the $85 a premium plan or premium plus ?

I'm on shared 10gb premium plan which is around $125 and no way they are giving the iPhone 8 or other premium phones at $0 or even cheap
Premium. Premium Plus is $95
FreezingCanada wrote:
Nov 23, 2017
56 posts
8 upvotes
Again so I'm on the 10GB premium shared plan
How are you guys getting the phones for $0
I need to do an upgrade would be helpful what I can tell retentions
Jun 5, 2007
75 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 1:00 am
Correct. The BCB discount expire when your wireless term promo comes due.
I just got off the phone with Rogers and the rep told me that the BCB discount is frozen, meaning that any new changes to the residential term package (eg. accepting a new offer) or making a price plan change (including hardware upgrades) on the wireless side will remove the discount immediately. So in my case, I'm not going to make any further changes until the discount is taken off when my residential term promo expires in January 2020.
Feb 17, 2014
78 posts
12 upvotes
Montr
I want to do a hardware upgrade. Currently i am on corpo 30% discount Share everything + 7GB-Prem Tab and have subsidized s7 for a year. Wanted to pre-order s9+ and chose "Existing plan" and all this comes to 969$. Question is: Am I going to keep the existing plan with discount or not?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11500 posts
1509 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Bad news guys... spoke to a retentions rep indepth regarding the BCB discount. She checked several times. Apparently the BCB discount stops for EVERYONE as of April 6/2018. Totally sucks. This means you'll either have to downgrade your plan OR live with the price hike.

:twisted: Smiling Face With Horns
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jun 5, 2007
75 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 12:22 am
Bad news guys... spoke to a retentions rep indepth regarding the BCB discount. She checked several times. Apparently the BCB discount stops for EVERYONE as of April 6/2018. Totally sucks. This means you'll either have to downgrade your plan OR live with the price hike.

:twisted: Smiling Face With Horns
Ouch! Another rep told me that they have to give at least 30 to 60 days notice to customers with regards to removing the BCB discount. I didn't get any notice on the February bill. The rep told me there was an internal memo dated February 11th with details on the BCB discount. Not sure if the details have been changed since.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11500 posts
1509 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Toronto15 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 8:37 am
Ouch! Another rep told me that they have to give at least 30 to 60 days notice to customers with regards to removing the BCB discount. I didn't get any notice on the February bill. The rep told me there was an internal memo dated February 11th with details on the BCB discount. Not sure if the details have been changed since.
I said the exact same thing. Where was the notice? There was none. Yet she said it is april 06/2018 which is technically 30days from today. It wouldnt affect the residential bundles as BCB cant be applied on top of a promo (cant have stacked discounts) anyway. It would affect the wireless side for anyone NOT on the new $60/10GB or $85/10GB plans. You will see your wireless rise by $5-10 on average depending on the price which sucks.
Jun 5, 2007
75 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 8:44 am
I said the exact same thing. Where was the notice? There was none. Yet she said it is april 06/2018 which is technically 30days from today. It wouldnt affect the residential bundles as BCB cant be applied on top of a promo (cant have stacked discounts) anyway. It would affect the wireless side for anyone NOT on the new $60/10GB or $85/10GB plans. You will see your wireless rise by $5-10 on average depending on the price which sucks.
I think I'm going to review my residential bundle and see if I can make changes to save money to offset the wireless price increase from the removal of the BCB discount. Like going down from gigabit internet to 150u or 60u and from Premier to Popular TV.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11500 posts
1509 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Toronto15 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 2:04 pm
I think I'm going to review my residential bundle and see if I can make changes to save money to offset the wireless price increase from the removal of the BCB discount. Like going down from gigabit internet to 150u or 60u and from Premier to Popular TV.
No sense changing mine since I'm still on the $99 VIP/GB pack which doesnt expire till jan/2019. She said unless there's a fantastic promo there's really no sense to break out of an existing bundle. If you do you will generally get terrible deals outside of the 3 mos timeline prior to term expiry. She said loyalty accounts get flagged with new deals from 3 mos prior to expiration. So start calling within that 3 mos period. For example if your expiry is dec. start calling in sept. to see what loyalty deals are available.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3761 posts
288 upvotes
Any thoughts on this? From FB chat:

$142+tax for 7gb shared, unlimited Canada talk and text, 2 lines. No activation fees, $99 S8s/each line.

Not sure if worth shopping around. I'm now out of contract with Rogers. Thanks!
Proud member of SENS Army
Aug 23, 2011
13 posts
3 upvotes
After much hullabaloo and the fact that Rogers chose to not honor the 2GB bonus promotion for me from back on Black Friday. I was on a special, apparently loyalty share everything 4GB plan for $75/mo.

I ended up with the Rogers talk and Text 10Gb plan for $85/mo -$10/mo for the term (2yrs) as a Premium tab option. I originally purchased the IP8+ 256Gb for $759 - 320(credits). So phone for 439+taxes up front and 75/mo+taxes. While not the greatest deal , wanted to see if this was in the realm of reasonable.

The deal came from the office of the president as multiple asks over the phone, via FB IM etc were not able to resolve this for me. My goal was to either wash out as a neutral deal or try and pay less per month for my plan.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11500 posts
1509 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
cr1975 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2018 1:41 am
After much hullabaloo and the fact that Rogers chose to not honor the 2GB bonus promotion for me from back on Black Friday. I was on a special, apparently loyalty share everything 4GB plan for $75/mo.

I ended up with the Rogers talk and Text 10Gb plan for $85/mo -$10/mo for the term (2yrs) as a Premium tab option. I originally purchased the IP8+ 256Gb for $759 - 320(credits). So phone for 439+taxes up front and 75/mo+taxes. While not the greatest deal , wanted to see if this was in the realm of reasonable.

The deal came from the office of the president as multiple asks over the phone, via FB IM etc were not able to resolve this for me. My goal was to either wash out as a neutral deal or try and pay less per month for my plan.
The $60/10GB is still available but they jumped the price to $70/10GB for an outright purchase. Freedom Mobile still has their $50/10GB promo that they had during xmas. Speak to retentions if interested. The $85/10GB upgradable plan from xmas is still available as well. Guess that's the one you got since you didnt pay for the entire phone outright but on contract. So yea... that $75/mo with credit would be the best you could do - right now.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

marty3d