Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Feb 26, 2011
20 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Hi. This is what my share everything plan (10gb data, Canada-wide calling, unlimited text etc etc) looks like:

Line 1: Premium tab, s7 Edge
- tab balance: $415.50 ($0 on April 20, 2019)
- monthly fee: $90 - $7.20 (8% BCB) = $82.80 + 13% HST = $93.56

Line 2: Premium+ tab, Note 8
- tab balance: $531.25 ($0 on September 27, 2019)
- monthly fee: $70 - $5.60 (8% BCB) = $64.40 + 13% HST = $72.77

Line 3: Premium tab, s7 Edge
- tab balance: $450.12 ($0 on April 30, 2019)
- monthly fee: $55 - $4.40 (8% BCB) = $50.60 + 13% HST = $57.18

All 3 lines combined = $223.51 (tax in). I got 12% BCB as recently as the February bill, complained to Rogers (Management Chat) about that and they told me it was a system error. It should have been 8% all along and the 12% I got was "advantageous for me" (in their words). Going into the chat, I calculated the extra 4% off each line and the combined total discount would be $8.60 ($3.60 line 1 + $2.80 line 2 + $2.20 line 3). In a very nice way, I asked if there could be a credit of $8.60 for 12 months. I was denied and they gave me a $50 goodwill credit.

What do you guys think? Should I call them, live chat management again to push for more, or this is a pretty good deal already? Thanks!

Side note: On the home services side, I am paying $140.08 (tax in) for: 500U, Premier TV w/Fairchild and BeIN Sports (soccer channel), home phone. I am not sure if my home services discounts would affect my ability to get more discounts from the wireless side. (BeIN Sports is already $15.99 itself, but my dad loves soccer and insists on keeping it)
Jun 5, 2007
82 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
jayleung916 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 11:52 am
Hi. This is what my share everything plan (10gb data, Canada-wide calling, unlimited text etc etc) looks like:

Line 1: Premium tab, s7 Edge
- tab balance: $415.50 ($0 on April 20, 2019)
- monthly fee: $90 - $7.20 (8% BCB) = $82.80 + 13% HST = $93.56

Line 2: Premium+ tab, Note 8
- tab balance: $531.25 ($0 on September 27, 2019)
- monthly fee: $70 - $5.60 (8% BCB) = $64.40 + 13% HST = $72.77

Line 3: Premium tab, s7 Edge
- tab balance: $450.12 ($0 on April 30, 2019)
- monthly fee: $55 - $4.40 (8% BCB) = $50.60 + 13% HST = $57.18

All 3 lines combined = $223.51 (tax in). I got 12% BCB as recently as the February bill, complained to Rogers (Management Chat) about that and they told me it was a system error. It should have been 8% all along and the 12% I got was "advantageous for me" (in their words). Going into the chat, I calculated the extra 4% off each line and the combined total discount would be $8.60 ($3.60 line 1 + $2.80 line 2 + $2.20 line 3). In a very nice way, I asked if there could be a credit of $8.60 for 12 months. I was denied and they gave me a $50 goodwill credit.

What do you guys think? Should I call them, live chat management again to push for more, or this is a pretty good deal already? Thanks!

Side note: On the home services side, I am paying $140.08 (tax in) for: 500U, Premier TV w/Fairchild and BeIN Sports (soccer channel), home phone. I am not sure if my home services discounts would affect my ability to get more discounts from the wireless side. (BeIN Sports is already $15.99 itself, but my dad loves soccer and insists on keeping it)
According to Rogers, the current TV packages (Select, Popular and Premier) don't count towards the calculation of the BCB discount, hence the maximum is 8%. For those on the old Digital VIP packages, I think you can still get 12% until you switch to one of the current packages.
The same thing happened to me last September when I switched from Digital VIP to Premier.

The BCB discount does not apply on the home services if the discounts are greater. However, it still does apply to the wireless services, but it's currently being phased out, according to various Rogers reps. The end date is uncertain, but it should be within the next year or so. At least 30 to 60 days notice will be given to customers before their BCB discount is scheduled to come off.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11887 posts
1688 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
jayleung916 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 11:52 am

I got 12% BCB as recently as the February bill, complained to Rogers (Management Chat) about that and they told me it was a system error. It should have been 8% all along and the 12% I got was "advantageous for me" (in their words).
Keep in mind this shud be the last time ur getting the BCB disc. Robbers is ending it for every customer. Every1 will have it eliminated by end of april for wireless. Mine will end april 6. Switched to the 10GB/$70 plan prior so wont get caught from the removal. I have a $15 account credit still going for next 16 mos. Makes my next after-tax amount $70.06 (including the grandfathered iphone pack, now priced at $7).
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2071 posts
201 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Anyone have any luck with retentions providing the 95$/10GB plan -%20 like in the Hot Deals thread from winback/ambassadors?
Dec 24, 2012
46 posts
55 upvotes
Terrebonne
Hey guys, I'm on a corporate plan (30% off for public sector) but I've changed jobs since and am no longer part of public sector (though I kept the employee card lol). Im happy with my share everything plan which is 7gb for 87$, comes out to 70$ tax in with my 30%.

I'd like to renew simply to change phones, do you know if I have to reapply for the 30% off? Do they do any sort of real check with the company to know if I work for them or will my old employee card work still?

Thank you
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3406 posts
2142 upvotes
Toronto
cyphon21 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 12:12 pm
Anyone have any luck with retentions providing the 95$/10GB plan -%20 like in the Hot Deals thread from winback/ambassadors?
Doubt it
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Jul 28, 2009
131 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Was just offered $80/month for 1 line (premium plus tab)
- 5gb of data (non sharing)
- unlimited canada wide calling/texting/etc. all the bells and whistles
- iphone 8 plus 64gb for $79 upfront
- $25 activation fee waived.

I feel like this is an okay deal for my dad. As he does not need 10gb of data... I know paying an extra $5 could get him 10gb/month but I don't feel it's necessary.
Will probably message them back and negotiate more to bring the iphone 8 plus upfront cost to $0 as I see other people getting that done and either $100 in bill credits or first month waived.

**Tip: More luck on FB chat than CALLING IN 5 TIMES and being put on hold for over an hour. They track the FB chats so you can reply and return to the conversation when you're not busy. You don't lose your place and you're not stuck waiting on the phone to connect to an agent. Also you can probably formulate your responses better on live chat (insert your SOB story, fake stories of friends getting better plans elsewhere etc.)

Update: $0 iPhone 8 plus 64gb for $80/month.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3218 posts
3485 upvotes
Been with rogers for 10 years, finally have a decent plan:
$45.5/month (that is, after my 30% corporate discount) for 2 years, $25 connection fee, $29 upfront for iphone 8 plus, but with $50 bill credit (i.e., really only $4 upfront for the hardware upgrade)

1GB data
Call Display with Name Display
Enhanced Voicemail
Unlimited Canada-wide Calling and text
basically i get 9GB less data than freedom mobile folks, but i also pay $19.5 less.

I also get iphone 8 plus instead of iphone 8.

I also get rogers coverage instead of freedom mobile coverage.

iphone 8 plus's official price is $1059, I am basically getting 2 years of services for practically free (45.5*24 = 1092)

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-8
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Sep 13, 2012
604 posts
268 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Toronto15 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 1:09 pm
According to Rogers, the current TV packages (Select, Popular and Premier) don't count towards the calculation of the BCB discount, hence the maximum is 8%. For those on the old Digital VIP packages, I think you can still get 12% until you switch to one of the current packages.
The same thing happened to me last September when I switched from Digital VIP to Premier.

The BCB discount does not apply on the home services if the discounts are greater. However, it still does apply to the wireless services, but it's currently being phased out, according to various Rogers reps. The end date is uncertain, but it should be within the next year or so. At least 30 to 60 days notice will be given to customers before their BCB discount is scheduled to come off.
When I was moved over from a grandfatherd internet plan to 150U the advisor failed to mention the BCB would drop from 12% to 8%. I escalated and received the difference over 24 months lump sum. It's not much but it was the principle of the thing. Management level should have known better than to conceal that fact. Otherwise as long as everything else remains the same BCB will still be offered until it's eliminated. My suggestion would be if you're currently still receiving BCB *and* on a grandfathered plan *and* negotiating ongoing manual credits that you do the math and factor in BCB when discussing the amount to be credited. Once it drops off your account altogether it obviously becomes difficult to expect it/negotiate for it. I would recommend the same for the wireless side. Otherwise, if you're receiving ongoing manual credits then BCB on home services continues to appear on the bill. Technically it's double dipping which the system won't permit but what the system doesn't know won't hurt it.

:twisted:
Jun 5, 2007
82 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 10:09 am
When I was moved over from a grandfatherd internet plan to 150U the advisor failed to mention the BCB would drop from 12% to 8%. I escalated and received the difference over 24 months lump sum. It's not much but it was the principle of the thing. Management level should have known better than to conceal that fact. Otherwise as long as everything else remains the same BCB will still be offered until it's eliminated. My suggestion would be if you're currently still receiving BCB *and* on a grandfathered plan *and* negotiating ongoing manual credits that you do the math and factor in BCB when discussing the amount to be credited. Once it drops off your account altogether it obviously becomes difficult to expect it/negotiate for it. I would recommend the same for the wireless side. Otherwise, if you're receiving ongoing manual credits then BCB on home services continues to appear on the bill. Technically it's double dipping which the system won't permit but what the system doesn't know won't hurt it.

:twisted:
I don't get the BCB discount on my home services as the discounts currently on the home services are very lucrative. I even lost the $25 ongoing bundle discount on my new package as it was not compatible with the code that was used to apply the big discount on the Gigabit package ($118 credit to bring the price of the Gigabit to $34.99 for 12 months). I even got a $30 discount off the Premier package to drop it down to $69.99 (normal credit is $25). So my current home bundle is as follows:

Premier TV: $69.99 ($30 credit)
Gigabit: $34.99 ($118 credit)
Home phone with unlimited NA calling and 6 features: $19.99
One free HD PVR rental ($24.95 value)
One HD box: $7.50
TOTAL: $132.47 plus taxes ($149.69 taxes in)

I have two wireless lines and one of them is still getting the 8% BCB. The other one is on the 10GB $60 plan and the BCB discount does not apply to that plan.

When my BCB discount went down from 12% to 8%, I got a lump sum credit for one year's worth for the difference (from 12 to 8%).
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2071 posts
201 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
So I was on the $60/10GB plan. Switched to the $85 version. Several times I was advised they couldn't touch the plan, so they offered me the iPhone X for $299. Decided to take it, and be done with the calls, FB chats and click to chat. Wife's happy now, so thats all that matters lol
Jul 5, 2004
203 posts
11 upvotes
I got a Just For You Event offer for a Share Everything plan for 40gb for $255/month. In order to take advantage of this my kids plans both have to go from $55/month to $65/month each. He also offered me a 30gb plan for $215. Not sure which one to take.

Also, we go over data every month. From 2017 to now we have $2070 in data overages! I remember someone here getting a $2000 credit on data overages but I can't find the thread. I think it was a regular member and he went through the Office of the President. I just want to know how he got them to credit this much. Rogers only offered me $100 credit on the data charges :(
Jul 22, 2015
266 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
$330/month after taxes for 3 lines (1 subsidized, 2 BYOD). 30 GB, Unlimited everything, enhanced voicemails, etc. (Regular Plan) but i'm currently paying $280/month after taxes due to 20% discount on each line. For the next 3 months, i'll be paying $0 in fees because of a credit they gave me to stay with them after a bad experience with their front line agent :)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
fttn wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 11:22 pm
I got a Just For You Event offer for a Share Everything plan for 40gb for $255/month. In order to take advantage of this my kids plans both have to go from $55/month to $65/month each. He also offered me a 30gb plan for $215. Not sure which one to take.

Also, we go over data every month. From 2017 to now we have $2070 in data overages! I remember someone here getting a $2000 credit on data overages but I can't find the thread. I think it was a regular member and he went through the Office of the President. I just want to know how he got them to credit this much. Rogers only offered me $100 credit on the data charges :(
Why do you allow your plan to go over so much? Rogers does have tools that allow you to shut down offenders and you need to explicitly approve allowing the account to go more than $50 in overage charges each month.

You aren't going to get anything much in credits for your overages since you tolerated them for more than a year.

My kids and I shared 8 gigs and when I hit the limit I would buy additional blocks of data - so, not every month and not at the high rate.

Now we share 20 Gigs and we never exceed 7 - our monthly rate is now $195 and some change including taxes with our value packs which give us enhanced and visual voicemail, international texting, name display and unlimited Canadian calling - but the increase in data came with a negotiated rate that lowered my monthly costs - and I got further savings because I went BYOD since all our phones are just fine - what DOES bother me is that our option packs went up from $5 to $7/month each just 3 months after we made the deal.

Rogers is starting to follow in Bell's path by implementing "incremental monthly increases".
Sep 13, 2012
604 posts
268 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
fredsmith wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 9:33 am
You aren't going to get anything much in credits for your overages since you tolerated them for more than a year.
Don't be so sure.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

Tig623, bobbyg9, KimH089