V12izm wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 2:57 pm
Fido has amazing deals going on
Anything good rogers offering ?
im curious too
Nov 21, 2016
39 posts
13 upvotes
I still have 5 months before my iphone i is paid off. I'm getting rocked on my plan 5 GB for $95 but I usually go over and pay extra for 2GB. Is it worth trying to get a better plan now or after phone is paid off.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
TommTT wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 9:44 am
I still have 5 months before my iphone i is paid off. I'm getting rocked on my plan 5 GB for $95 but I usually go over and pay extra for 2GB. Is it worth trying to get a better plan now or after phone is paid off.
I don't know where you are located, but I was just offered 24 gig (share plan, canadawide, notab) for $108. I declined, because I am now on a 20 Gig notab at $81. The increment was way too expensive.

In any case I'd pay off the phone and make my best deal.
Last edited by fredsmith on Apr 20th, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4628 posts
1492 upvotes
Toronto
fredsmith wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 4:01 pm
I don't know where you are located, but I was just offered 24 gig (share plan, canadawide, notab) for $108. I declined, because I am now on a 20 Gig notab at $81. The increment was way too expensive.

I'd pay off the phone and make my best deal.
Where are you located?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2667 posts
260 upvotes
how can Fido be coming out with all these awesome plans and Rogers still has the same garbage?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
3145 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For the $70 10gb plan that Rogers seems to be offering lately (sorry if this has been answered already), can we apply corporate 30% discount to it?

I'm locked in a 2year contract (last 6 months) currently paying $77 for 7GB share everything premium plus plan.

Wife is looking for a new plan and basically requires only unlimited Canadian calling and texting. She's been a Rogers customer for years but her current plan is outdated n pricey.

Wondering if I should add her to my line for maybe around $50 dollars. Or go for a new plan such as the $70/10gb BYOB one (she has a iPhone 7 plus 128gb). Or the $85/10gb with the iPhone 8 that people seem to be landing on here.

Thoughts?
Nov 3, 2017
59 posts
10 upvotes
Just got off the phone with someone from retention's, im on the 60/10gb plan - 67 taxes in. Was wondering if this is a good offer? The lady offered me The iphone 8plus 256gb on a premium plus plan for $95 for 2years 10gb, and it'll be 107 including taxes so basically and extra 40 monthly for the phone from my current plan.

So the phone would cost me 40*24=960 over 2 years

or i can do 80/5gb- 91 including taxes- phone being now 24*24 = 576

im super tempted for the 5gb for 80 deal but i just wanted some second opinions.

Edit: more accurate prices
Nov 7, 2012
151 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
Got this offer off live chat.
$70/gb a month with 10$ off for 12 months. Basically $60/gb (I missed the offer the first time around)
after that I'll just switch back to my EPP.

Initially she offered me $85/10gb with $200 off device + $25 fee waived, but as we were processing it she could only click on the $95/10gb one so i declined it.
Sep 13, 2012
608 posts
270 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
vorthex wrote:
Apr 21st, 2018 12:09 pm
how can Fido be coming out with all these awesome plans and Rogers still has the same garbage?
Each company is geared towards a different client base, one is geared for the more price conscious consumer while the other is geared for the more status conscious consumer...and all the specific needs/requirements/expectations each of those present despite being the same carrier.
Sep 13, 2012
608 posts
270 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
TommTT wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 9:44 am
Depending on your tenure, payment history, etc. you may find management office willing to absorb some or all of your outstanding device balance.

Have been on the phone with management office and above the last couple of weeks: they are just absolutely bombarded right now with complaints/disputes/issues arising from Black Friday/Holiday subscriptions and changes. Now would be a good time to call with a request such as yours as it's pretty straightforward and can be cleared up rather quickly.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2667 posts
260 upvotes
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 1:17 pm
Each company is geared towards a different client base, one is geared for the more price conscious consumer while the other is geared for the more status conscious consumer...and all the specific needs/requirements/expectations each of those present despite being the same carrier.
haha but .... I mean.... its just DATA and doesnt Fido use Rogers towers anyways? ... Rogers plans are garbage right now, its like they aren't even trying to compete, whats the point in staying with them...
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2667 posts
260 upvotes
after about 14 years with Rogers I am actually thinking of porting out. Usually there are "deals" to be had here, but for some reason they have disappeared? I am from Manitoba, and places like Quebec and Ontario are getting better plans than us now? Usually Sask/Man had better plans because I assume our overall income is much lower...

Fido has better deals... Koodo has better deals... but we dont have those other smaller mobile places like Toronto does... whats the best deal someone can get with Rogers right now for about 5gb of data? or even 4?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

tigger623205