Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4599 posts
643 upvotes
I ported to another carrier. A week later Rogers Ambassador team call me. 5GB $72 month, S9 for $250 but $500 bill credit. I declined as I think I don't wanna go back to Rogers, even though the deal itself is good IMO. I was on a corporate plan with Rogers, don't know if that makes a difference in what they offer after you port out
I am a Koodo customer
Jun 3, 2006
90 posts
36 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
May 21st, 2018 9:33 pm
I ported to another carrier. A week later Rogers Ambassador team call me. 5GB $72 month, S9 for $250 but $500 bill credit. I declined as I think I don't wanna go back to Rogers, even though the deal itself is good IMO. I was on a corporate plan with Rogers, don't know if that makes a difference in what they offer after you port out
Hey HP_John, can i ask where you took your biz too? I'm in the exact situation, coming to end of corporate TD term , and looking at an S9.... the corporate plans are, lets say, not as impressive anymore it seems (the 65 for 6GB has a bunch of adjusted terms), curious what took you out of a corporate plan look? Thnx.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4599 posts
643 upvotes
6oh wrote:
May 21st, 2018 10:10 pm
Hey HP_John, can i ask where you took your biz too? I'm in the exact situation, coming to end of corporate TD term , and looking at an S9.... the corporate plans are, lets say, not as impressive anymore it seems (the 65 for 6GB has a bunch of adjusted terms), curious what took you out of a corporate plan look? Thnx.
Koodo had a great deal, but its not being offered currently. S9 for $100 out of pocket ($370 + tax, -$150 Visa prepaid gift card, - $150 trade-in for any Cdn phone), $65/m + tax for 4GB plan.

For me I just had so many problems with Rogers billing, even though their winback offer was good IMO, I don't want to come back to them
I am a Koodo customer
May 22, 2005
274 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
HP_John wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 7:08 pm
For me I just had so many problems with Rogers billing, even though their winback offer was good IMO, I don't want to come back to them
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. They have always fixed things, but I've wasted countless hours on the phone with them.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4599 posts
643 upvotes
SheeB wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 7:24 pm
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. They have always fixed things, but I've wasted countless hours on the phone with them.
Even after Rogers claimed they fixed it, a couple weeks later I see on my bill that they actually didn't fix it correctly. LOL
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1878 posts
255 upvotes
matradley wrote:
May 19th, 2018 2:12 pm
Existing - though he played a bit of hardball with Rogers and actually cancelled his account. They called to win him back.

my corporate contract is expiring in a month I keep calling rogers to see if they can offer me anything worth while but they don't offer jack sh1t. I am planning to cancel but at the same time I want to keep my number. I guess I am SOL if I cancel with my number right?
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Nov 24, 2015
78 posts
54 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
cns187 wrote:
May 24th, 2018 9:03 am
my corporate contract is expiring in a month I keep calling rogers to see if they can offer me anything worth while but they don't offer jack sh1t. I am planning to cancel but at the same time I want to keep my number. I guess I am SOL if I cancel with my number right?
Anything stopping you from porting it koodo or something on a BYOD then seeing what they offer?
Oct 11, 2011
16 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Love it that anytime i want to switch up my plans i log into Redflagdeals! Wanted to share my current offers that i received:

$50 6GB- BYOD
$45 4GB- BYOD
$55 5GB smart tab

I took the last option since I still owed on my current tab.

Note: Fido currently has a loyalty plan $40 4GB BYOD
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2078 posts
204 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
eurochick07 wrote:
May 25th, 2018 10:48 am
Love it that anytime i want to switch up my plans i log into Redflagdeals! Wanted to share my current offers that i received:

$50 6GB- BYOD
$45 4GB- BYOD - is this a loyalty plan, or new customer?
$55 5GB smart tab

May 27, 2018
4 posts
eurochick07 wrote:
May 25th, 2018 10:48 am

$50 6GB- BYOD
$45 4GB- BYOD
$55 5GB smart tab

On must get better deals than BC. I was just offered $55 5GB BYOD. No $45 4GB here (I don’t think, wasn’t offered).
And here Fido offer is $55 4GB unlimited talk & text or $45 4GB 500 day time min, unlimited nights/weekends.
Aug 16, 2010
48 posts
8 upvotes
Etobicoke
Rogers does have some benefits when your sharing data that Telus does not. Rogers lets one person manage the shared data so for example can restrict what kids use and not go over . On the other hand with Telus you need to call them to block a person and call back to unblock ... so there goes 2 hours on the phone and they charge you I think . Telus is there to help a family go over on their data. Switched to Telus and had that unpleasant experience ... they told me a year ago they were bringing in this feature to enable the person paying the bill to block , guess they realized how much money they would loose as we all know their Csr will never credit anyone even a gb of data.
Aug 16, 2010
48 posts
8 upvotes
Etobicoke
Never cancel , find a new provider and port your number , that way you get to keep it.

See what your corporate plan has to offer. It’s probably still a better deal then going direct .
Nov 21, 2016
39 posts
13 upvotes
Finally called them to complain. They gave me 10 GB for $90.

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)