Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jul 22, 2015
263 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto, ON
suddend1979 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 12:07 am
TorontoTacos how did you manage that? Any strategy?
eurochick07 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 12:57 pm
whats the secret?10gb $63 premium?!
Threaten to cancel > Get best offer from TIER 3 Support> Escalate to office of the president> WIN.
Jul 20, 2018
27 posts
8 upvotes
I assume this is their $85 win back offer plus the 25% off they currently have?
Jul 20, 2018
27 posts
8 upvotes
So I also have the 10GB, $63.75 premium tab plan on one of my lines. Also have a 10GB, $52.50 no tab line for myself.

It’s a combination of two promotions/discounts. One is the $70/no tab or 85/premium tab lines that loyalty was offering, the other is the account wide 25% off discount. It takes a big of haggling, and but at the very least the 25% is still available. I’ve seen the premium tab plan go up to $90.
Jun 5, 2007
80 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoTacos wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 1:22 am
Threaten to cancel > Get best offer from TIER 3 Support> Escalate to office of the president> WIN.
It looks like you got the 25% discount off the $85 10GB premium tab plan. I believe that discount is good for 24 months.
Jun 5, 2007
80 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
And for those who are heavy data users (at least in Ontario) and require more than 10GB a month, Rogers has a legacy/loyalty 15GB plan for $100 (BYOD) or $115 (premium tab). There's also 20GB for $120 (BYOD) and $130 (premium tab). All of these plans are Share Everything+. However, getting these plans will be YMMV as most reps don't know about them or don't have access.

I'm currently on the 10GB BYOD plan for $70 and exploring my options with respect to doing an upgrade. I was offered a 10GB plan for $85 on a premium tab (Share Everything and non share).
Jul 2, 2013
274 posts
92 upvotes
VANCOUVER
The 25% off premium tab $85/10GB = $63 - how much is an additional line?
Right now I'm on a BYOD 2x $40/4GB plan and I can port over another BYOD line if the numbers make sense...
Nov 29, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
I have a simple deal with rogers:

$25/Month:
100MB, 50 Min and 50 txt, call display and voice mail.

Addon:
$5/Month unlimited Canada LD.

Since I have the addon, does that mean I have unlimited calls across Canada including local? I live in Toronto.
Oct 20, 2010
105 posts
133 upvotes
TorontoTacos wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 1:22 am
how do you know or get to TIER 3 support? And then how do you get to the office of the president?
Jul 20, 2018
27 posts
8 upvotes
Teir 3 is typically the management office from my experience. From there you can ask to have it escalated to the office of the president. I believe you can also contact them directly, or through the obudsman?
Sep 13, 2012
594 posts
266 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
RunnerForDeals wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 9:19 am
So I was able to get the 25% off as well yesterday when I called in. I was calling in to cancel my Legacy 6GB share everything plan that I was paying $119 for for 2 lines. I do not know the code, but I can call them today and ask for it. Will see if they give it to me!

I just asked the guy if there was something more he could do and he put me on hold and came back and said I can offer 25% off on 1 line for 24 months. I said great, thanks.

I ended getting the following

Line 1
$70 BYOD no contract plan - 25% = $52.50
10gb Data
Unlimited Canada-wide calling
Unlimited Canada-wide SMS/MMS
Voicemail, CallerID, Callforwarding, Call waiting

Line 2
$70 BYOD no contract plan
10gb Data
Unlimited Canada-wide calling
Unlimited Canada-wide SMS/MMS
Voicemail, CallerID, Callforwarding, Call waiting

So $122.50 for both lines. I feel like this a great value, reminiscent of the $60 10gb holiday plan!
Was just reading over the last couple of pages to gauge what I was offered in comparison to what's been shared and as compared to above I was offered the following for 2 lines on my account both currently off contract and sharing 5GB:

Line 1
10GB Data
Unlimited everything within Canada
Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting

Line 2
$45 BYOD no contract plan - 25% = $33.75
4GB Data

In terms of upgrades, offered 2 iPhone 8 64GB for free with above plans OR 2 iPhone X 64GB for $399 each with above plans OR no upgrades with above plans. 25% off guaranteed for 24 months. Regardless of which option is selected there is no contract signed or tab. Wasn't aware of the $10 US LD add-on pack until now but will have that added on as well for each line.

Thoughts?
Jul 2, 2013
274 posts
92 upvotes
VANCOUVER
100Pacer wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 7:37 pm
Was just reading over the last couple of pages to gauge what I was offered in comparison to what's been shared and as compared to above I was offered the following for 2 lines on my account both currently off contract and sharing 5GB:

Line 1
10GB Data

Line 2
$45 BYOD no contract plan - 25% = $33.75
4GB Data

In terms of upgrades, offered 2 iPhone 8 64GB for free with above plans OR 2 iPhone X 64GB for $399 each with above plans OR no upgrades with above plans. 25% off guaranteed for 24 months. Regardless of which option is selected there is no contract signed or tab. Wasn't aware of the $10 US LD add-on pack until now but will have that added on as well for each line.

Thoughts?
how do you get the 25% discount on that? is that through tier 3? that $45/4GB BYOD with the 25% discount sounds smoking
Sep 13, 2012
594 posts
266 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 8:44 am
I'm familiar with how the credits can be applied, Good Will is typically capped at $50, but they can apply it multiple times. They have ways to apply subsidy offset credits and so forth.

I'm just wondering if you can post screens of both the $15 and the revolving $10. At least if I know how they can be applied I can at least use it on my end to negotiate with them.
No such thing as a cap on goodwill credits - having said that, different tiers of support and/or different offices have varying degrees of authority. When you can hear the tension/anxiety on the voice of the advisor when you throw out a number you're thinking, it's because he/she isn't authorized but they can't state that on the record nor do they specifically want you to escalate. In any case, I had a $200 goodwill credit applied yesterday as a lump sum - I've had as much as a $400 goodwill credit applied as a lump sum. And of course that's not taking into account what the Ombudsman's office is capable of doing, which is to arrive at any amount they see fit (I've had as much as 4 figures).
Sep 13, 2012
594 posts
266 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 8:33 am
Applied by a manager during an escalation issue. There are different ways credits can be applied to an account, not just applied to plan. Of course this depends on the creativity of the rep or mgr. "Account credits" are applied to the entire account and dont affect the plan. You will see it at the end of your bill and not associated with any service on your bill. For example say ur total bill is $100 after tax. You will see the account credit line applied just before the final total. Plan credits are taken off the plan itself (line in the cell plan section) and are subject to dollar limits as you stated. Then there are other credits - goodwill credits, one time credits, bill cycle credits, etc., etc. Most reps are azz shats and cant think. They will give you a simple "yes/no". Reps/mgrs that really want to keep a customer will think outside the box and use other methods. Sometimes you have to suggest how credits can be applied to a rep... cuz some of them just. cant.. think... Then they get it. "Well if the credit cant be applied to the plan can you use an alternative method such as goodwill, account credit, etc??"
Very well said. This is the approach everyone should be taking.
May 16, 2016
5 posts
DavelPatsyuk13 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 2:21 pm
So I also have the 10GB, $63.75 premium tab plan on one of my lines. Also have a 10GB, $52.50 no tab line for myself.

It’s a combination of two promotions/discounts. One is the $70/no tab or 85/premium tab lines that loyalty was offering, the other is the account wide 25% off discount. It takes a big of haggling, and but at the very least the 25% is still available. I’ve seen the premium tab plan go up to $90.
So when attempting to get offers like this should someone ever state they know of those offer? Or know someone who received this pricing? Trying to figure out the best way to push this when I upgrade in the near future.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)