Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 13, 2012
758 posts
374 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 7:37 pm
Was just reading over the last couple of pages to gauge what I was offered in comparison to what's been shared and as compared to above I was offered the following for 2 lines on my account both currently off contract and sharing 5GB:

Line 1
$70 BYOD no contract plan - 25% = $52.50
10GB Data
Unlimited everything within Canada
Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting

Line 2
$45 BYOD no contract plan - 25% = $33.75
4GB Data
Unlimited everything within Canada
Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting

In terms of upgrades, offered 2 iPhone 8 64GB for free with above plans OR 2 iPhone X 64GB for $399 each with above plans OR no upgrades with above plans. 25% off guaranteed for 24 months. Regardless of which option is selected there is no contract signed or tab. Wasn't aware of the $10 US LD add-on pack until now but will have that added on as well for each line.

Thoughts?
Ended up going with the above offer and selecting 2 iPhone 8 64GB. UPS delivered the phones next day and I was pleasantly surprised to discover they shipped 1 iPhone 8 64GB and 1 iPhone 8 Plus 64GB - my wife receives the 8 Plus so everyone wins :D

Love dealing with Rogers.
Dec 10, 2007
390 posts
52 upvotes
I had to upgrade to a new phone so my wife and I got to keep my old plan (nothing great but we like it) but we both got galaxy s9+ for $0.00 all i had to pay for was the fee's and taxes and activiation fee.
After talking to loyalty saying i was gonna go to telus or bell a rep from loyalty experts called me and we worked out a deal.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12118 posts
1804 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
TorontoTacos wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 1:38 am
Tier 3 is the department responsible with cancelling accounts, they also have the best offers. When you call in, just ask the agent on the phone "are you able to cancel accounts"? If they say YES then they are TIER 3 but when you call in you never get TIER 3. So you have to escalate once or twice until you actually reach TIER 3. Also listen for wording when speaking with agents "Yes, I'm able to cancel accounts" (Tier 3) "Yes, we can resolve any concerns you are having" (NOT Tier 3).

Whenever I need something from Rogers, I take a 2 day plan of attack.

Day 1 : Call in > get to tier 3 Support > Threaten cancel because Bell/Telus is offering better prices > get the best plan they have > tell them you will think about it and call back tomorrow.
Day 2 : Call in > get to tier 3 Support > Inform them of the plan you were offered + a "$100" credit > Agent says no record of such credit > Escalate to Management or Office of the President > They will offer you a better plan or the original plan + $ credit.
Well if you're looking for reps that cancel... isnt that the same reps who man the cancellation queue's in retentions?? Example "To cancel one or more services with rogers press "x"" Arent they the same peeps?? They are retention reps as well.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
4708 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
So off topic but I have Rogers for cable, internet and home phone but I have 3 cell phone lines with Bell. I would like to move my cellular to Rogers but am wondering if they will offer any sort of retention type deal to win me over? I'm currently on a loyalty plan with Bell.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3203 posts
628 upvotes
silky28 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 12:40 am
So off topic but I have Rogers for cable, internet and home phone but I have 3 cell phone lines with Bell. I would like to move my cellular to Rogers but am wondering if they will offer any sort of retention type deal to win me over? I'm currently on a loyalty plan with Bell.
Look up the definition of retention and you will have your answer.
Jun 19, 2011
148 posts
37 upvotes
GTA
Is it possible to get a deal when simply adding a line to a share everything plan? We currently have one line under contract for another year but need to add a second line to our plan. I don't seem to have the leverage at this point. Would it be best to wait for a promo to hit or is there a way to negotiate a better deal on the second line/phone?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
4708 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
fredsmith wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 6:43 am
Look up the definition of retention and you will have your answer.
I didn’t say retention, I said retention like deal. Ie. Will Rogers offer me something similar to a retention deal to get me to leave Bell?
Nov 7, 2016
194 posts
46 upvotes
Canada
silky28 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 10:58 am
I didn’t say retention, I said retention like deal. Ie. Will Rogers offer me something similar to a retention deal to get me to leave Bell?
I think giving them a call is your best bet.
Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using the RFD Forums app
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
4708 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
TwitchyPuppy wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 12:20 pm
I think giving them a call is your best bet.
Every time I call all I get is a CS rep that gives me the same crap I can get online...
Nov 7, 2016
194 posts
46 upvotes
Canada
silky28 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 12:48 pm
Every time I call all I get is a CS rep that gives me the same crap I can get online...
No incentives to new customers?! That’s sucks..
Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using the RFD Forums app
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6482 posts
5056 upvotes
North York
I am currently on $48/month with 5gb, unlimited Canada text/talk/CID/VM...
My plan has already past the contract for a couple months. My Rogers contact can't get me the same deals as before (pretty much same plan but cheap phones, like when S7E came out, I only paid $300 for it).
I don't mind having the same plan - it is plenty enough for me, but want to upgrade my phones. I can't think of a strategy to get me what I want. Anyone in the same boat?
Nov 9, 2003
505 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I have a corporate plan with - 30% discount, Quebec based number, BYOD share everything unlimited Canada wide 15gb $70.xx/mo all in.

Is anyone doing better? I haven’t spoke to retentions. My other offer was $43 all in for 7gb all else the same but this month I need the boost to tether at the cabin.
Sep 13, 2012
758 posts
374 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
vagabond83 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 9:42 am
Is it possible to get a deal when simply adding a line to a share everything plan? We currently have one line under contract for another year but need to add a second line to our plan. I don't seem to have the leverage at this point. Would it be best to wait for a promo to hit or is there a way to negotiate a better deal on the second line/phone?
What type of device are you after?

See my post above - off contract and no tab for 2 iPhone 8 64GB at no charge (they ended up shipping 1 iPhone 8 64Gb & 1 iPhone 8 Plus 64GB).

Also offered 2 iPhone X 64GB at $399 with no contract and no tab.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3172 posts
1173 upvotes
GTA
Any advice for 2 phones upgrading a year apart?

I resigned back in November for the iPhone X and my girlfriend is on my plan (add-a-line) eligible for upgrade in November.

She currently has $10 off a month add-a-line ($50) and we’re on a 12GB plan.

We do get 30% off. It’s a premium tab. So when she does upgrade, it’ll be a little more than the premium plus tab.

After tax we’re paying $160 for 12GB. I feel like we’re in a good spot but we could be better.
Oct 16, 2011
188 posts
86 upvotes
vagabond83 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 9:42 am
Also would like to know this... from what i've read they usually give you better deals if you add multiple lines to a plan opposed to just a single line, but hoping to hear from people who have added additional lines.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

vietmunki