Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Oct 16, 2011
181 posts
82 upvotes
vagabond83 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 9:42 am
Is it possible to get a deal when simply adding a line to a share everything plan? We currently have one line under contract for another year but need to add a second line to our plan. I don't seem to have the leverage at this point. Would it be best to wait for a promo to hit or is there a way to negotiate a better deal on the second line/phone?
Also would like to know this... from what i've read they usually give you better deals if you add multiple lines to a plan opposed to just a single line, but hoping to hear from people who have added additional lines.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4497 posts
1418 upvotes
Toronto
They removed the Press 5 to Cancel your Account option LOL.

Now it takes more hoops to get to Retentions.
Apr 11, 2007
718 posts
328 upvotes
Montreal
I am on a $60 plan from corporate "peel district school board"
I must've called in 133 times for an upgrade new phone
And every single rep said I gotta pump the plan up to $95
Or provide a verication code from my employee which I'm no longer with
So I'm screwed
Dec 23, 2011
46 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
So i used to have the 70$ 15GB BYOD SK plan with 306 phone number,

today i spoke with loyalty department and asked them i wanted a Ontario plan and a 647 number
so they gave me 10GB non shared plan canada wide talk/nationwide text for 78$ (the plan is 105$ but he gave me 25% discount)
so monthly 78$ for 10GB canada wide + S9+ phone for 79$ i guess thats a good deal

70$ BYOD
or 25% discount on a 105$ plan which is 78$ per month for a premium+ phone

EDIT: 30$ connection fee waved
Aug 13, 2018
1 posts
lilhar93 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 4:29 pm
So i used to have the 70$ 15GB BYOD SK plan with 306 phone number,

today i spoke with loyalty department and asked them i wanted a Ontario plan and a 647 number
so they gave me 10GB non shared plan canada wide talk/nationwide text for 78$ (the plan is 105$ but he gave me 25% discount)
so monthly 78$ for 10GB canada wide + S9+ phone for 79$ i guess thats a good deal

70$ BYOD
or 25% discount on a 105$ plan which is 78$ per month for a premium+ phone
What was the number they called you on? Was it 1-855-207-8310?
Dec 23, 2011
46 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
So what I did was. My 6 months finished just yesterday August 13th, you have to have the phone line for 6 months to be considered for loyalty plans and deals and i was already eligible for upgrade too

So I called and said I want to cancle so he transfered me to their right department I told him my don't need the 306 SK plan anymore she has moved back to Toronto

I then said I know you guys might have loyalty plans with Ontario plan and number. So he first said if I want a phone or use my own I told him give me both options

He then put me on hold and said 105$ for 10gb Canada wide everything. For any phone. Premium plus tabs or 70$ for BYOD I put him on hold and acted like I m talking to my mom. I then said is there anything else you can do then he told me he will transfer me to CET department which is higher than loyalty. He then just said ok he will give me 25% off for 24 months I took the deal as its 78$ per month only with a premium phone so why not

I called the 611 number and asked to be transferd to higher department each time
Jan 4, 2008
39 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm a current Rogers customer and have been looking at my bill and want to see if I can get anything changed or price lowered.

Right now I have a bundle package(internet,home phone,tv) costing around $250 a month.

The internet is Ignite 60, but not unlimited usage (and I have no idea what Mbps speed it is). TV is "Digital VIP Cable". It includes most HD channels like Global,CTV and even ones like Sportsnet One, TSN1-5 and so on.

$250 a month seems like alot, but it's cheaper than my bill last year(I called and they lowered the bill,giving me same plan at cheaper price, plus a router upgrade). When I go to Rogers website, under bundles (https://www.rogers.com/consumer/bundles) it seems like 3 of the 4 bundles at regular price are cheaper than what I'm paying for right now.

Of those 4 bundles (basic, good, better, best), 3 of them have the same unlimited usage plan (just different speeds) and all have different TV plans.

With me having Digital VIP Cable, a plan I can't find any info on, I don't know which plan I should be looking at. I want to keep most of my current channels like all the sports channels(SN/1/360 and TSN1-5, and the major basic networks(Global,CTV/CTV2,CBC) and even have some additional networks too(like Space and/or CW), all of which are on my current digital VIP package. I get all the timeshifting channels as well like CTV Vancouver, WNLO(CW) and so on, none of which seem to be options on any of the 4 bundles on Rogers site(all are add ons). And with my internet billed as "Ignite 60", yet all Ignite 60 plans I see are unlimited usage, I don't know what plan I'm paying for or what speed this current plan is. So I don't want to switch and end up saving money but losing out on stuff I want, and possibly something like getting downgraded on my Nextbox and Ignite Router, or just losing channels I currently have.

Anyone have any advice? Possibly even willing to go in more detail with contact through twitter or DMs?
Dec 23, 2011
46 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Just call their regular phone number the 1886 thing. Ask them you saw cheaper price online and you want bundle discount. Tell them the price you saw online. And if they say they can't do it. Be like ok I want to cancle all my services at the end of billing cycle then they will transfer you to a higher department who handles the cancellation and discounts. Tell them your price and stuff you saw online. They will do it for u

All this will work only if you are not on yearly contracts. Or else they might ask you to pay the contract cancellation fees and modem fees and all before giving new deals
Jan 4, 2008
39 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
lilhar93 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 1:01 am
Just call their regular phone number the 1886 thing. Ask them you saw cheaper price online and you want bundle discount. Tell them the price you saw online. And if they say they can't do it. Be like ok I want to cancle all my services at the end of billing cycle then they will transfer you to a higher department who handles the cancellation and discounts. Tell them your price and stuff you saw online. They will do it for u

All this will work only if you are not on yearly contracts. Or else they might ask you to pay the contract cancellation fees and modem fees and all before giving new deals
I'm on a contract, but it's up soon. I've been a longtime customer so I don't want to mess up anything.

I get so much on my cable package I don't think I could get for the price I'm paying right now, but the internet package is the biggest difference in all this.
May 16, 2016
5 posts
Finally made the call today and after an hour being switched between 4 people escalating things here where I ended up.

Free S9 with 10GB premium plus with u limited talk and text etc etc for $105 retention plan which was offered at every tier I went up then I pressed the 25% discount which finally the guy checked and he said he was able to apply it to the package for 1 year. Then the $30 connection fee which they refused to waive.

Does anyone think if I call back tomorrow I should be able to press the matter for the full 2 years like others have reported success getting?
Dec 23, 2011
46 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Great news. Should get the s9 plus it's only 79$. And I suggest you stick to one year and call next year and ask to be applied for another 1 year or threaten to cancle the account and pay the tab. At which one after one year you can pay the remaining tab by selling ur s9 and also upgrade to another new phone and ask for same or cheaper plan with another 25% discount
Dec 23, 2011
46 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Call and pay the contract fees or call after its over and start everything new with discounts. Ask them to give you better deal or you won't renew the contract or you will move to bell
Apr 4, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
I'm about to begin the seemingly annual call to Rogers to try and negotiate new pricing now that the 3rd of 4th phones on the plan will be off contract at the end of September.

We have 4 phones on a share everything 2.5 gb plan in Ontario. We've had this for about 3 years and have never gone over the 2.5 gb. I have wifi most places, so does my wife, and children (21 and 17).

We have (me) an Iphone 6, wife a Huawei phone, daughter an Iphone SE and son an Iphone 6S or 6+ (can't remember). We have unlimited canada wide calling and texting and all phones have VM and caller ID and my phone (primary) has 100 international texts/month.

Current costs are:

My phone (primary) = $81.80 + HST (I also have the Iphone value pack) - off contract
wife's $35.20 + HST - off contract
daughter (still on contract until April 2019) = $13.20 + HST (I like that kind of pricing)
son = $48.40 + HST on contract until the end of September.

In theory $25 per month of my son's cost is the cost of the phone subsidy etc. It was 24 months @ $25/month. I've had this battle with Rogers before where by default after the contract is up they still charge the same amount even though the phone has now been paid off.

Any tips on how to get this overall fee reduced or how to position myself when I try and negotiate the plan ending and not getting charged the same amount.

FYI..we also have home phone $19.58 + HST, internet $59.99 + HST for ignite 150 unlimited with the rocket wi-fi modem, cable (with a nextbox hdpvr, the premier package and the premier speciality pack and Canadian timeshifting for $72.09 + HST. I realize those last three services are bundled together and are separate from negotiations with Rogers and all of them benefit from Better Choice Bundles which I hear are on the way out.

Thanks for any tips in advance.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1250 posts
810 upvotes
MonkeyTennis wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 10:19 am
I'm about to begin the seemingly annual call to Rogers to try and negotiate new pricing now that the 3rd of 4th phones on the plan will be off contract at the end of September.

We have 4 phones on a share everything 2.5 gb plan in Ontario. We've had this for about 3 years and have never gone over the 2.5 gb. I have wifi most places, so does my wife, and children (21 and 17).

We have (me) an Iphone 6, wife a Huawei phone, daughter an Iphone SE and son an Iphone 6S or 6+ (can't remember). We have unlimited canada wide calling and texting and all phones have VM and caller ID and my phone (primary) has 100 international texts/month.

Current costs are:

My phone (primary) = $81.80 + HST (I also have the Iphone value pack) - off contract
wife's $35.20 + HST - off contract
daughter (still on contract until April 2019) = $13.20 + HST (I like that kind of pricing)
son = $48.40 + HST on contract until the end of September.

In theory $25 per month of my son's cost is the cost of the phone subsidy etc. It was 24 months @ $25/month. I've had this battle with Rogers before where by default after the contract is up they still charge the same amount even though the phone has now been paid off.

Any tips on how to get this overall fee reduced or how to position myself when I try and negotiate the plan ending and not getting charged the same amount.

FYI..we also have home phone $19.58 + HST, internet $59.99 + HST for ignite 150 unlimited with the rocket wi-fi modem, cable (with a nextbox hdpvr, the premier package and the premier speciality pack and Canadian timeshifting for $72.09 + HST. I realize those last three services are bundled together and are separate from negotiations with Rogers and all of them benefit from Better Choice Bundles which I hear are on the way out.

Thanks for any tips in advance.
Given how much you are paying, here is what I would recommend. It will cost you $140/month + HST in total for 4 lines. Have the same plan on Koodo for each of you:

$35+HST, which includes:
- 2 GB LTE data per line (non-shared)
- Unlimited Canada-wide calling
- Unlimited international text messages, and canadian picture messages
- Call ID, call waiting, voicemail, conference calling etc.
- Any phone cost extra.

It is QC only plan, but anyone can have it quite easily. And it won't even require for you to step outside your house.

If you want to go ahead with this, I can detail the steps. Personally, I've had better coverage on Koodo than Rogers. I just switched myself from Rogers to Koodo yesterday.
Aug 16, 2013
457 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
What do you think is a best operator to go to at this time for a couple in terms of pricing? I think with big operators you can get better deals on phones

Requirements.

1) Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
2) Unlimited Texts
3) 10GB Minimum Shareable

Currently on Koodo 45 6GB individual plans and have corporate discount of 30% available from employer if required.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)