Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Dec 23, 2011
51 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
rogers dont offer loyalty plans on shareable plans, so they offered me 105$/month Premium+ plan (any phone on 2 years) unlimited canada talk/text 10gb NON shared data for 25% discount for 24months
total comes to 78$ per month with iPhone 8
Jun 10, 2007
3 posts
Toronto
I am in need of some help!

I currently have 2 phones:
1. $60 - 10 Gigs, non shared, unlimited Canada wide
2. $85 - 10 Gigs, non shared, Unlimited Canada wide with tab.

One of my phones isnt working well and I need to do an upgrade using the $60 line.

I called into rogers and they won't budge, I got through to retentions and they would only offer to bump up the $60 line to the $85 - 10 Gig promo in order to do a phone upgrade.

How are you guys able to get 25% off the $105 plans??
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4765 posts
1583 upvotes
Toronto
lilhar93 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2018 12:37 pm
rogers dont offer loyalty plans on shareable plans, so they offered me 105$/month Premium+ plan (any phone on 2 years) unlimited canada talk/text 10gb NON shared data for 25% discount for 24months
total comes to 78$ per month with iPhone 8
Rogers has the $85 10GB Premium Tab plan to which they can add the 25% off. That's what I have at the moment.
Nov 22, 2008
276 posts
31 upvotes
I was offered 2x premium tabs 10gb shared for 155...Dam this sucks. I was hoping for these awesome deals other people were getting..This is from MO too
Aug 16, 2018
14 posts
9 upvotes
yohung wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 11:13 am
I am on a $60 plan from corporate "peel district school board"
I must've called in 133 times for an upgrade new phone
And every single rep said I gotta pump the plan up to $95
Or provide a verication code from my employee which I'm no longer with
So I'm screwed
I am as well. Called many times for a potential phone upgrade. Best I got was non-shareable $76 10Gb retention plan with no phone. I really would like to get a shareable data plan to share with my wife but no dice lately. Any advice?
Dec 23, 2011
51 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Same as mine. 155 between two comes to 77.5$ month

I pay 78$ right now for iphone 8 0$ down
10gb non shareable and everything else unlimited Canada wide

I guess maybe if the new iPhone is good I'll get a 2nd line for my wife.
Dec 23, 2011
51 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
The 105$ Premium plus plan is non shareable and they do offer 25% for 24 months. Total is 78$ per month and you can get Any phone. I took the Samsung s9 plus for 79$ usually its 129$ for public. But then I returned it and got the iPhone 8 for 0$

The way to get 25 is to ask them to escalate to office of management or simply there is a link on rogers website to contact management office via email, there is a form you fill with your name and current rogers number

Once that happens call the retention the next day. The system automatically recognizes that your number has previously sent a concern to management, the retention guy can see the notes on your number when you call

He will automatically offer 25percent off. So they don't have to hassle and go through all the trouble of transferring you to management etc etc
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12682 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Aug 17th, 2018 8:48 pm
Rogers has the $85 10GB Premium Tab plan to which they can add the 25% off. That's what I have at the moment.
I have the same $85 10GB Premium Tab plan at the moment and my device balance will be $0 in September. I'm not planning to get another phone at the moment so I will be on BYOD for the foreseeable feature. Should I threaten to leave Rogers and see if I can get the 25% off added to my current plan for 24 mo.?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4765 posts
1583 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 5:57 pm
I have the same $85 10GB Premium Tab plan at the moment and my device balance will be $0 in September. I'm not planning to get another phone at the moment so I will be on BYOD for the foreseeable feature. Should I threaten to leave Rogers and see if I can get the 25% off added to my current plan for 24 mo.?
Doesn't hurt to try
You just gotta find a rep that's willing to stack it in for you.
They replicated the entire deal for me.
So I got the 25% off and the $500 port in credit lol.
Even though I haven't left Rogers since I went back to them in 2013.
Feb 11, 2017
89 posts
34 upvotes
What is the lowest Rogers plan that offers unlimited Canada wide calling. Texting and data are not important for me. What would be the cheapest carrier if not Rogers? TIA
Jun 10, 2007
3 posts
Toronto
Hi again :(
I tried the process...
I went online and submitted a complaint to the office of the president.
Then I waited and called rogers support and they wouldn't budge...they wouldn't send me to retentions, they wouldn't do anything.
The operator said all she can do is file a "case" and someone from the back office will give me a call to see what they can do.

Is this normal???
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4765 posts
1583 upvotes
Toronto
tom1331 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 4:52 pm
Hi again :(
I tried the process...
I went online and submitted a complaint to the office of the president.
Then I waited and called rogers support and they wouldn't budge...they wouldn't send me to retentions, they wouldn't do anything.
The operator said all she can do is file a "case" and someone from the back office will give me a call to see what they can do.

Is this normal???
How many hours has it been?

They currently have a slow turn around time.

Took a week for me to hear back from them, usually 24-48 hours.
Feb 7, 2008
1 posts
Toronto
BoomMojo wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 11:06 pm
What is the lowest Rogers plan that offers unlimited Canada wide calling. Texting and data are not important for me. What would be the cheapest carrier if not Rogers? TIA
Rogers: $25 BYOD Canada Wide Talk & Text only NO data

Koodo
koodo-koodo-mobile-5-month-unlimited-ca ... t-2186246/

Freedom Mobile
250mb-data-100min-talk-unlimited-text-15-month-2208937/
Jul 5, 2004
224 posts
19 upvotes
What is the best Shareable plan right now? We have 4 phones. We're on a Share plan but they switched us to individual plans to avoid extra data usage. Told us to switch back after 1 month. I'm sure they are going to tell me now that my old plan is no longer available.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

KenAdams