Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 13, 2012
631 posts
283 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
With Black Friday around the corner and the start of the holiday season upgrades/sales period given the potential for pricing errors and issues best to ensure you detail call dates, interaction numbers and names of advisors dealt with. Makes for an easier follow-up if you spot invoice concerns and if need be a smoother escalation should you need to follow up on account errors or adjustments.
Feb 17, 2014
90 posts
14 upvotes
Montr
This 100 amazon gift card is only for online upgrade? Cuz i have corpo discount not sure if i upgrade online and change plan to new one 79$/10gb data it would automatically calculate corpo Discount or not. Anyways going with pixel 3xl on premium tab 430$.
Dec 14, 2017
91 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
anovak89 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 8:01 am
iPhone XR got better again this morning on Rogers website. The 128gb model is now $399 on a Premium Tab, down $69 from yesterday and down $200 from two days ago. I think I can hold out one more day...
Damnnnnn, so $200 off from just a few days ago.

This is a phenomenal deal.. on top of w/e you negotiate with retentions for a brand new apple product.
Mar 8, 2008
178 posts
88 upvotes
Edmonton
qphone5 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 11:12 pm
I chat with Roger's CSR online, they offer me the following (which is about the same as yours). Here are the details:

1)Iphone x (64g) costs $399 with premium, $199 premium plus, $0 for ultra plan
2)Iphone xr (64g) same as iphone x
3)Pixel 3 (128 g) costs $229, $29, $0 respectively.

* premium plan is $85/month for 10 gig of data with unlimited text and talk
* premium + plan is $100/month for 10 gig of data with unlimited text and talk
* ultra plan is $110/month for 10 gig of data with unlimited text and talk

I keep trying to ask for a better deal, only got offer $100 credit + another $35 credit (say it is a loyalty credit) and activation fee waved.
I told them I am gonna think it over and put deal in file.
Anyone get better deal then this? I haven't call retention or OOTP yet, Probably gonna wait till Friday.
I have 2 lines which are no tab ($60/month for 10 gig, unlimited text and talk). They wouldn't budge on credit for additional lines as well.
Is the data shareable or non-shareable?
Aug 19, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
oneyedpirate wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:44 am
Damnnnnn, so $200 off from just a few days ago.

This is a phenomenal deal.. on top of w/e you negotiate with retentions for a brand new apple product.
I know eh, pretty decent. I still have a feeling they're saving the best for tomorrow. I think I'm going to hold off until tomorrow morning before I make a move.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11934 posts
1708 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
YES guys... keep lookin at deals from apple. Why?? Sign of the times. APPL stock has lost near $50 stock price in less than a month based on less than expected realized sales. It lost it's trillion dollar valuation in less than a month from a high of $225/sh down to current $176. Yikes!! Foxconn has reversed a glowing forecast to limiting lines of production at various plants. All 3 current flagship models are generating less than expected sales worldwide for XR, XS, XS max. Goldman Sachs has dropped forecasts to flat stock price for the next fiscal year (aka range trading). APPL has LOWERED prices for XR in Japan signalling poor sales and possibly restarting the X production lines, the cheapest of the X models. Apple has dominated Japan for years over any other competition. The fact that they are lowering prices on XR (peeps are favoring 8/8+ in Japan over XR) suggest premium pricing isnt working in the lower end cell markets. They are required to purchase a fixed number of Samsung OLED screens as part of their deal. The excess production will not show at Apple stores but rather sent to carriers for lower upfront contract deals. What does this all mean for the consumer?? Win-win. Lower sales expectations forces apple to lower prices. Hopefully turning units than profit margin mongering of the past. Tho lowering prices in Japan doesnt necessarily mean lower prices for all global sales regions but *could* reflect sign of the times. Indicators from the far east have determined apple's strategy of late. SAD. But not really. :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by aznnorth on Nov 22nd, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Nov 5, 2012
33 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
defektion wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 12:10 pm
Is the data shareable or non-shareable?
This is for non-shareable. I chat with CSR about shareable, but the data & price doesn't make sense (higher price for 2 lines and lesser share data), but you get +4 gig of data per month on the shareable still doesn't equal to 2 x non-shareable data.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
2717 posts
183 upvotes
GTA
I'm on the $60/10GB no tab plan with Rogers and want to get the iPhone XS 256GB. I spoke with CSR via chat, then got escalated to retentions via chat. They best loyalty plan they could offer was ~$500+HST up front for the phone, plus $110+HST per month for 10GB. Obviously that sucks, what should I do next? I can cancel and port over to another carrier in the hopes of scoring a deal via Winback, but that's a lot of work/risk.
Aug 19, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
The_Professor wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:28 pm
I'm on the $60/10GB no tab plan with Rogers and want to get the iPhone XS 256GB. I spoke with CSR via chat, then got escalated to retentions via chat. They best loyalty plan they could offer was ~$500+HST up front for the phone, plus $110+HST per month for 10GB. Obviously that sucks, what should I do next? I can cancel and port over to another carrier in the hopes of scoring a deal via Winback, but that's a lot of work/risk.
I tried to get a better plan too than what I have but didn't have any luck. I asked for the 25% off per month deal since I'm on the $85 10gb Premium Tab plan and I've seen others got that deal a month or so ago, but no luck.
Aug 19, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
Another way to save money would be to call the retention department, try to negotiate some credits (probably up to $150), then decline the offer, get them to add the notes to your account that they offered you $150 account credits once you activate a new phone. Then, Do the upgrade/purchase online instead of retention. By doing it online, you receive this limited promotion they advertise:
Get a $100 credit on a new phone!
For: New and existing customers
Get a $100 bill credit when you activate or upgrade to a new phone online on any 2-year plan.1
Plus, we waive the $35 Connection fee for online activations and upgrades.
Offer available for a limited time only!
Buy online
SEE FULL DETAILS
Offer ends November 25, 2018, and is subject to change without notice. Early cancellation fees apply. Taxes extra.
1. Only available with online upgrades or activations of any Android smartphone or iPhone on any 2-year plan. A one-time discount of up to $100 will be applied to the customer’s first or second bill after this transaction.

Then once you receive the phone, you call Rogers back and they'll see that you upgraded and give you the credits they promised. So you'll get $100 on top of what retentions offers you and you'll save the $35 activation fee.
Jul 24, 2014
33 posts
41 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Bill credit does that mean I get $100 credit or up to $100 bill credit, lets say I choose the PIXEL 3 on preimum + tab for 85+ and the phone is $99. Do i get $100 credit or do I get $85 for the bill plan
Aug 19, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
jerick3t3 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:49 pm
Bill credit does that mean I get $100 credit or up to $100 bill credit, lets say I choose the PIXEL 3 on preimum + tab for 85+ and the phone is $99. Do i get $100 credit or do I get $85 for the bill plan
You pay $99 + tax for the phone, you pay $85 + tax for your bill, then $99 (tax not included) is deducted from your first or second bill.
Nov 6, 2018
1 posts
I chatted with Rogers customer service and also online chat and nothing can be offered to me even tho I was a customer before.

Is there a certain time frame that you have to be ported out? Like 30 to 90 day window?

I was a customer about 2 years ago or so.

Kinda frustrating even though you want to give them business and they can't offer you any sort of offers or deals.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24144 posts
1412 upvotes
Markham, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:09 pm
YES guys... keep lookin at deals from apple. Why?? Sign of the times. APPL stock has lost near $50 stock price in less than a month based on less than expected realized sales. It lost it's trillion dollar valuation in less than a month from a high of $225/sh down to current $176. Yikes!! Foxconn has reversed a glowing forecast to limiting lines of production at various plants. All 3 current flagship models are generating less than expected sales worldwide for XR, XS, XS max. Goldman Sachs has dropped forecasts to flat stock price for the next fiscal year (aka range trading). APPL has LOWERED prices for XR in Japan signalling poor sales and possibly restarting the X production lines, the cheapest of the X models. Apple has dominated Japan for years over any other competition. The fact that they are lowering prices on XR (peeps are favoring 8/8+ in Japan over XR) suggest premium pricing isnt working in the lower end cell markets. They are required to purchase a fixed number of Samsung OLED screens as part of their deal. The excess production will not show at Apple stores but rather sent to carriers for lower upfront contract deals. What does this all mean for the consumer?? Win-win. Lower sales expectations forces apple to lower prices. Hopefully turning units than profit margin mongering of the past. Tho lowering prices in Japan doesnt necessarily mean lower prices for all global sales regions but *could* reflect sign of the times. Indicators from the far east have determined apple's strategy of late. SAD. But not really. :twisted: :twisted:
its' going to piss off a lot of fans that purchase on day one...not so sure if its a win-win at all.
Sep 13, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
For some reason the 3 agents I spoke to today, kept giving me the offers on the web saying it was the best loyalty offers they had for me!Face With Tears Of Joy