Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Nov 21, 2018
2 posts
I've been a Rogers customer since about 1997. My current plan is:

3 lines 9 GB shared data

Line 1: $115 (-30%) $80.50/mo premium tab 7 gb data, canada wide talk.... (Plan finished in 3 weeks)
Line 2: $30/mo no tab 1 GB data, Local calling area...
Line 3: $35/mo no tab 1 gb data, local calling area...

Total per month including all taxes $168

Called in to see what they could do for me with some upgrades and the rep I spoke with would not put me to retention. Instead she offered me a plan that was more or less what the have on the website with the exception of $50 off each hardware upgrade. (Note 9 for $250 and 2 Iphone 8's for $100 each) the monthly cost was over $80 more a month. I told her that I wasn't interested but she very excitedly said she would add it to the file.

I have a GST # so I talked to Bell Business plans and here is what they offered me:

Line 1: Note 9 $100 and $400 line credit (split over 5 months)
Line 2: Iphone 8 free and $350 line credit (split over 5 months
Line 3: Iphone 8 free and $350 line credit (split over 5 months

Total shared Data is 10 GB and all phones Canada wide calling
The monthly cost was $177 before taxes. But when you average the credits over 24 months cost per month is $132 plus taxes.

I called the Rogers Managers office (thanks for who ever posted the number) to see if they could match the Bell deal. Ultimately he could only do a little better than the earlier rep from Rogers but escalated the call to the Office of the President. So now I wait for them. That may take until Monday or Tuesday and I would probably miss the Black Friday promo's.

What does everyone think the odds of them matching or beating the Bell deal are or should I just go with that?
What is your opinion on the Bell deal at all? Is it even one of the better deals out there right now for 3 lines.

Thanks.
Nov 15, 2015
320 posts
40 upvotes
Rogers called me today and gave me 10 bucks off my monthly bill I think I was at 115 before 10gb shared so maybe 105 now idk gotta look into it

Still want to go with PM of no better deals pop up here

My grandparents have a business account with like 7 phones on it and want me to get them better deals but idk the first place to start aside from call and tell them I want better over and over and threaten to leave lmao
Dec 26, 2012
459 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
The_Professor wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:28 pm
I'm on the $60/10GB no tab plan with Rogers and want to get the iPhone XS 256GB. I spoke with CSR via chat, then got escalated to retentions via chat. They best loyalty plan they could offer was ~$500+HST up front for the phone, plus $110+HST per month for 10GB. Obviously that sucks, what should I do next? I can cancel and port over to another carrier in the hopes of scoring a deal via Winback, but that's a lot of work/risk.
Tell them you're cancelling (not you want to cancel, you ARE cancelling) and set a future cancel date that gives you time. ie Dec 1 or whenever your next billing cycle will be. Then then fun begins. Ball is in their court. They WILL call you back asap if they don't offer you a deal when cancelling but either way, don't accept the deal. Stick to your guns of cancelling Dec 1. They'll call you back. If you don't like the deal, and want to wait, then remove the cancel date and sit tight.
Aug 19, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
Today's the day, BLACK FRIDAY!
I finally did my upgrade this morning, for the iPhone XR 128GB in black. Kept my current retention plan $85 for 10GB on Premium Tab. I tried to see if I could get my bill any lower through retention but had no luck. I did manage to negotiate $150 in credits from them. The rep said if I did the upgrade online I could also take advantage of the $100 online credit and waived activation fee.
I tried to do the upgrade online but everything I got to the shipping page I would get an error message from Rogers saying the information was not available.
Had to use the online chat to complete the upgrade. The online chat honored the $100 online upgrade and waived activation fee. They processed the order and said I had to pay $399.99 today, I gave my credit card details and they charged it through, I was expecting tax on top of that but all they charged me was $399.99...
The rep said when I receive the device to either call in or do the online chat to let them know I received the device and they will apply the credits and waive the activation fee at that time.
So in the end, I got the phone for basically $150 after the credits ($399-150-100=$150), and I think that's a pretty sweet deal.
I hope everyone else has luck getting some new deals today!
Dec 14, 2017
148 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
anovak89 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 9:44 am
Today's the day, BLACK FRIDAY!
I finally did my upgrade this morning, for the iPhone XR 128GB in black. Kept my current retention plan $85 for 10GB on Premium Tab. I tried to see if I could get my bill any lower through retention but had no luck. I did manage to negotiate $150 in credits from them. The rep said if I did the upgrade online I could also take advantage of the $100 online credit and waived activation fee.
I tried to do the upgrade online but everything I got to the shipping page I would get an error message from Rogers saying the information was not available.
Had to use the online chat to complete the upgrade. The online chat honored the $100 online upgrade and waived activation fee. They processed the order and said I had to pay $399.99 today, I gave my credit card details and they charged it through, I was expecting tax on top of that but all they charged me was $399.99...
The rep said when I receive the device to either call in or do the online chat to let them know I received the device and they will apply the credits and waive the activation fee at that time.
So in the end, I got the phone for basically $150 after the credits ($399-150-100=$150), and I think that's a pretty sweet deal.
I hope everyone else has luck getting some new deals today!
Woot Woot = this is a sick deal... for a BRAND NEW apple product :D
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
2817 posts
217 upvotes
GTA
oakley0023 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 8:58 pm
Tell them you're cancelling (not you want to cancel, you ARE cancelling) and set a future cancel date that gives you time. ie Dec 1 or whenever your next billing cycle will be. Then then fun begins. Ball is in their court. They WILL call you back asap if they don't offer you a deal when cancelling but either way, don't accept the deal. Stick to your guns of cancelling Dec 1. They'll call you back. If you don't like the deal, and want to wait, then remove the cancel date and sit tight.
Thanks. I've just put in the cancellation notice for a week today.
Oct 25, 2006
282 posts
5 upvotes
North York
The_Professor wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 11:50 am
Thanks. I've just put in the cancellation notice for a week today.
How does this work with porting out? ... is it still safe to put the cancellation notice in, if needing to keep existing phone number? I'd hate to lose my number. Been kinda itching to do this for a while because loyalty's best offer is 10GB/$85 with 25% off for one year... $35 activation fee waved
S9 $0
S9+ 129
Note 9 $449

Pixel 3 $99, Pixel 3XL $299...

I was hoping for a better deal. Once you change from 10GB/$60, I was told it's not available so can't switch back. (May come back later, but that's an unknown... Management Rep said likely prices will continue to go up next renewal...)

Which is the best-bet for Android Power User? I feel like I'm "settling for S9" (upgrade from S7)

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Jul 30, 2015
22 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I too am curious about porting as i called Rogers and my cancel date is for next week but getting a good deal with telus that i'd like to port out. Rogers wait time is insane right now (2hrs - 3 hr wait)
Oct 25, 2006
282 posts
5 upvotes
North York
Mufasa69 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:21 pm
I too am curious about porting as i called Rogers and my cancel date is for next week but getting a good deal with telus that i'd like to port out. Rogers wait time is insane right now (2hrs - 3 hr wait)
What is Telus' offer?
Jul 30, 2015
22 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ramboaz45 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:40 pm
What is Telus' offer?
iphone xs max 64gb $460 + tax. 8GB + 8GB bonus for $100.75 per month plus $200 port in credit but this is through BNS EPP
May 21, 2008
232 posts
10 upvotes
Be polite, nice and considerate and it will all work out. There is the right way of saying "I might be leaving you" and there is the wrong way of saying "I might be leaving you".

If you come in too hot, they might just give up and let you switch to another provider. Or they might call your bluff.

I talked to 2 Rogers reps this morning for a total of 1 hour and they are super nice people and got in my opinion a goo deal. Then I went online to speak to a rep there to finalize the purchase as the system is really slow the reps over the phone couldn't get through. Total time: 2 hours. Saved $100 plus bonus data.
Sep 29, 2014
28 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
what do i say when they ask why i want to cancel? whats a good/appropriate response?
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2622 posts
692 upvotes
Vaughan
jingletunes wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 2:08 pm
what do i say when they ask why i want to cancel? whats a good/appropriate response?
x carrier offered x price :)
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2189 posts
329 upvotes
Does anyone have the latest retentions number?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4276 posts
67 upvotes
FYI - I got my new phone today from rogers winning me back after I switched, and they also sent me one of those Lenovo Smart Display things. Pleasantly surprised.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

rfdwhitby, vietmunki