[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 7, 2009
134 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
wwkk624 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 10:03 pm
How'd you get this? That's pretty hot.
Was about to cancel 2 lines and was offered this by retention.
Feb 27, 2017
27 posts
11 upvotes
ahmedb29 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 9:37 pm
Same here. Ordered iPhone xr on Monday not shipped yet.
Got mine yesterday but never got any shipping notice from Rogers.
Sep 13, 2012
593 posts
266 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
hrTrb wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 7:59 pm
Was offered this.

Line 1: $95 5GB plus 25% off = $71 premium plus tab iPhone X $99 and $75 credit for 2 years.
Line 2: $40 4GB no tab plus 25% off = $30 for 2 years.
Line 3: $20 no data plus 25% off = $15 for 2 years.

Is this a good offer or is there a better offer out there?
Escalate on the 4GB plan - the code for an additional GB top up is still valid in their system for a total of 5GB.
Jan 27, 2017
21 posts
7 upvotes
npistone wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 9:37 pm
Hey guys!

Got offered iPhone X 64gb for $99 on a premium plan

With 10GB/$85 a month and a 1 time $100 bill credit from management office?

Currently on the $60/10GB plan and iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.

What do you think? This a good offer?

Let me know!
Anyone??
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11837 posts
1671 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
npistone wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 12:05 am
Anyone??
Well that is the going rate. $99 X iphone is plastered on their homepage. Nothing special. You did get the 10GB/85 less $100 bill credit. 2 yr deal so you're essentially getting a $4.16 credit every month. I would ask them to make it a monthly credit of like $5 for 24mos and seal the deal. Reason being it's a psychological thing. Use up the $100 now that's it. But having a monthly bill credit makes it seem better each bill. You shud get the X for $0 as an existing cx. The better deal is what I received. See post above #47281.

Your minimum deal shud be 10Gb/85, less $5 month. iPhone X, 64GB for $0.

We knew coupla months back Rogers was gonna dump the X on behalf of apple. Get rid of the inventory on declining iphone sales. So you shud have more leeway in the negotiations. They were pegged at $299, X 64Gb for months. Now they are offering deals for $0.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jan 27, 2017
21 posts
7 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 9:56 am
Well that is the going rate. $99 X iphone is plastered on their homepage. Nothing special. You did get the 10GB/85 less $100 bill credit. 2 yr deal so you're essentially getting a $4.16 credit every month. I would ask them to make it a monthly credit of like $5 for 24mos and seal the deal. Reason being it's a psychological thing. Use up the $100 now that's it. But having a monthly bill credit makes it seem better each bill. You shud get the X for $0 as an existing cx. The better deal is what I received. See post above #47281.

Your minimum deal shud be 10Gb/85, less $5 month. iPhone X, 64GB for $0.

We knew coupla months back Rogers was gonna dump the X on behalf of apple. Get rid of the inventory on declining iphone sales. So you shud have more leeway in the negotiations. They were pegged at $299, X 64Gb for months. Now they are offering deals for $0.
Hey!

Thanks for your advice. I’ve checked on Rogers website and they’re offering the iPhone X for $0 but on the Ultra tab which is $120+ (for only 5gb) and the premium tab option is $399.

So I’m being offered it for $99 on premium ($300 off) plus $100 bill cred. Basically $0 and $85 a month for 2 years... what do you think?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11837 posts
1671 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
npistone wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 12:49 pm
Hey!

Thanks for your advice. I’ve checked on Rogers website and they’re offering the iPhone X for $0 but on the Ultra tab which is $120+ (for only 5gb) and the premium tab option is $399.

So I’m being offered it for $99 on premium ($300 off) plus $100 bill cred. Basically $0 and $85 a month for 2 years... what do you think?
It's a typical deal. It's really up to you. The increase would be the $20+ tax a month (net of 5 bux a month).
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jan 21, 2011
218 posts
51 upvotes
New Westminster
Got a call from winback offering a pretty decent deal - i jumped ship to Telus last week and Rogers was pretty aggressive in trying to get me back, so I accepted.

A few questions:

- Once I return my handsets, I can still port out without penalties aside from data usage (on my shared lines) right? This is part of the revised wireless code isn't it, that all customers get a 15 day trial period?
- Logged into myrogers, but the information there seems...inaccurate? Data is much lower than it should be.
- Credits are also not showing (perhaps once the phones are activated?)

Thanks in advance.
Jun 28, 2012
94 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
100Pacer wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 12:09 pm
Escalate on the 4GB plan - the code for an additional GB top up is still valid in their system for a total of 5GB.
Sorry how do i get 1gig top up on my 4 gig plan?
Feb 24, 2008
224 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa
ultraman7k wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 1:01 pm
Got a call from winback offering a pretty decent deal - i jumped ship to Telus last week and Rogers was pretty aggressive in trying to get me back, so I accepted.

A few questions:

- Once I return my handsets, I can still port out without penalties aside from data usage (on my shared lines) right? This is part of the revised wireless code isn't it, that all customers get a 15 day trial period?
- Logged into myrogers, but the information there seems...inaccurate? Data is much lower than it should be.
- Credits are also not showing (perhaps once the phones are activated?)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I switched to TELUS last week, too, and Rogers call me 3 times per day after that.
I don't want bargain with them anymore, so I didn't pick up the phone, they won't leave message either....

Can you share what offer you get please? Maybe it worth for me to answer their next call

And what need to do to porting number back?

Thanks!
Aug 27, 2009
762 posts
155 upvotes
Need advise.. currently own an S7 Edge (iphone 3g to iphone 5, switched to S2 to S7, now thinking of going back to iPhone). I ordered an iPhone X 64GB through my companies portal for $199 on a premium tab. Today I got an email saying the X is backordered. Instead of waiting, I'm thinking of either going with the XS 64gb or the Note 9 128gb. The XS costs $429 on the premium tab and the Note 9 is $299 on the premium tab through my company. I don't mind either android or iOS as I have experience with both.

First, is an XS worth the $229 increase from $199 to $429?

Second, how does the Note 9 128gb for $299 fit in all this?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3148 posts
429 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
If you were offered the free activation for internet which is usually $19.99, when or where does this show up? How do you know for sure in advance?

Does it indicate it in your online account?
At the store when you pick up the modem?
Nov 22, 2011
739 posts
134 upvotes
Batcave
I am currently deciding between these phones, both for $99: 128GB iPhone XR or 64GB iPhone X. Which one would you guys pick? The pros I personally like about each phone...

64GB iPhone X
- OLED screen (might lead to burn-in but likely not with normal usage)
- better build (dual lenses, stainless steel, etc.)

128GB iPhone XR
- newest phone; newest processor
- double the storage
- 13 hour battery life
- red color lol

___

OOTP update:

Probably going to accept the $85 10GB Prem Tab with 25% discount for the main line. Best deal they are giving me even though I don't need that much data.

I am going to tell them I am cancelling my second line since the best they can do is $40GB 4GB and then hope for a winback call. Honestly don't get why I can't get 25% off this no tab since people have gotten it thru retentions even. Luck of the draw even with OOTP...
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1194 posts
105 upvotes
100Pacer wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 12:02 pm
Which device are you after? It could be a matter of a free device altogether if not one at a substantial discount.
Definitely not iPhone. I've been looking at the Huawei P20 Pro, but I heard the Pixel 3 is good. I just want to take amazing photos.
Aug 19, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
FalconR wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 7:56 pm
I am currently deciding between these phones, both for $99: 128GB iPhone XR or 64GB iPhone X. Which one would you guys pick? The pros I personally like about each phone...

64GB iPhone X
- OLED screen (might lead to burn-in but likely not with normal usage)
- better build (dual lenses, stainless steel, etc.)

128GB iPhone XR
- newest phone; newest processor
- double the storage
- 13 hour battery life
- red color lol

___

OOTP update:

Probably going to accept the $85 10GB Prem Tab with 25% discount for the main line. Best deal they are giving me even though I don't need that much data.

I am going to tell them I am cancelling my second line since the best they can do is $40GB 4GB and then hope for a winback call. Honestly don't get why I can't get 25% off this no tab since people have gotten it thru retentions even. Luck of the draw even with OOTP...
I went with the iPhone XR 128gb over the iPhone X (last years model) and I couldn't be happier after a full week of using it. I upgraded from an iPhone 7. I don't know why people complain about the screen? To me it looks amazing. The phone works super fast, no issues whatsoever, and the A12 chip is a big upgrade over the iPhone X A11 chip. Oh, and battery life, I've gone 2 full days now and I haven't plugged my phone in to charge, still have 21% to go!