Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Dec 18, 2018
4 posts
I called Rogers two days ago, asked to speak to retention. After not getting anywhere with them, ($115/month and Iphone XR for $0 down or $105/month and Iphone XR for $199 up front) I asked to speak to office of the president. The OOP called me the next evening and didn't have anything else to offer other than what the retention person offered. He said to call back if I change my mind and want to take one of them. Didn't seem to work for me so far. Any suggestions people?
Nov 23, 2012
251 posts
49 upvotes
OOTP isn't technically a retention department. They do have access to discounts and great plans but they generally don't give them out unless it's to compensate for something.
Aug 26, 2017
2 posts
I just called the Management Office and the best he'll offer is:
- $55 Smart Tab plan
- Unlimited Canada Wide text and call
- 5GB data
- No contract if BYOD and 2-years when I get a phone

I mentioned the $60 BYOD plan with 10GB data but he said they have no such offer right not. Did anyone successfully get this $60 plan in the past couple days? If so how who did you talk to and how did you talk to them?

Otherwise is this $55 Smart Tab a good deal I should take?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11837 posts
1671 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
dannywu wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 9:41 am

Mehhh $55 dollar deal has been popping up on myrogers 10 times a day. Dumb pop-up ads. Anything that openly advertised is not a good deal lol. My mom got a 2GB + 3GB bonus = 5GB for only $45, 2 yrs. That was a loyalty promo back in september tho... on my account.
Last edited by aznnorth on Dec 20th, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11837 posts
1671 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
dmflash1 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 8:25 am
OOTP isn't technically a retention department. They do have access to discounts and great plans but they generally don't give them out unless it's to compensate for something.
YUP.. they have access to the same deals as mgt office and vice-versa. I have a direct contact to a OOTP rep. She even gave me a direct line. Any escalations give her a call she said. BUT she said she ONLY deals with escalations not deals and shit. That's mgt office. She said it has to be an escalation with evidence - ID's, notes on account, etc. Not just someone calling to complain on purpose about some quote they didnt like.
Last edited by aznnorth on Dec 20th, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4625 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
S9 for $0?
dannywu wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 9:41 am
I just called the Management Office and the best he'll offer is:
- $55 Smart Tab plan
- Unlimited Canada Wide text and call
- 5GB data
- No contract if BYOD and 2-years when I get a phone

I mentioned the $60 BYOD plan with 10GB data but he said they have no such offer right not. Did anyone successfully get this $60 plan in the past couple days? If so how who did you talk to and how did you talk to them?

h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Feb 2, 2009
40 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
I am in Montreal and in June 2017 signed my last contract, adding 3 lines (2 of them phone and the other data) for a total of $145 plus taxes. This is on a Premium + share everything plan with 14 GB . The additional 3 lines were obtained on a promotion with the phone lines costing $20 per month and the data line $5 a month. I also received a Samsung s8+ then for essentially nothing. I ended up paying just $70 out of my remaining flex tab and the cost of the phone. I was happy with this. Now, because I need more data (my sister is in Kingston and has no computer but does have a phone and a tablet) and the economics of her adding an internet connection with a router are going to be over $60 with Cogeco I am looking at renewing now, instead of in 6 months.

Rogers in Quebec are offering the same 14 GB plan with 24 GB now. Since I think I might as well get a new phone (Samsung Note 9) I am thinking of changing my plan to Ultra. Yes, I know that this is, for me, a marginal upgrade in a phone but it is "free" with signing a new contract. Ideally I would have liked to wait until April or so to get the S10+ but I don't know what the position will be then with extra data and since my sister likes watching Netflix and Youtube, having a 24 GB plan for her to share (I need just 1 GB myself, occasionally 2 GB when I travel) will take the stress off her and me. The cost for the 24GB plan under the Ultra Plan is $130.

Now, I have seen people here getting a 25% discount but generally I think they are outside of Quebec or Saskatchewan. My attempts with Customer Relations have been very frustrating. The three people I have spoken to appeared (apart from the third one) to be complete newbies at the job and came off as woefully inexperienced. The first rep seemed incapable of following simple browsing instructions like "Go to Rogers.com then Shop-Wireless-Plans-Wireless Plans and make sure that your province is Quebec. Then choose Ultra". The rep said she could just see 20 GBs but clearly she was looking at the wrong province. I very politely ended the conversation. The second rep was another clear neophyte and did not seem to know anything and had to go consult a few times for minutes at a time. Seemingly a trainee. Awful experience. The third individual was somewhat better and essentially just offered a $250 credit on my bill.

Overall, disenchanted, as in years previously the reps I had spoken to seemed to know their job and knew what credits they could and could not give.

I am going to try again and perhaps I will get a more experienced representative. What realistically can I expect? 11 year Rogers sub with a perfect, never late, payment record. Thanks in advance.
Sep 13, 2012
590 posts
266 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
dmflash1 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 8:25 am
Office of the President is not retentions. They’re a stop gap before someone fires off an email or places a call to CCTS triggering a $120 fine only to then have the escalation sent back. The advisors at office of the President have the most discretion meaning they can bypass and override restrictions management office can’t - it’s how I obtained (among other things) 30% off grandfathered cable for the in-laws when that code hasn’t been used in years.

True - generally speaking if you’re escalating to office of the President your odds significantly improve if you have a wrong to address but that’s not always a prerequisite. More so than anything else present a well supported position for what you’re after and it should yield positive results.
Jan 26, 2009
78 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
100Pacer wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 6:41 pm
It sounds like you have share everything plans and the initial 3GB was attached to the main line but when you changed plans the advisor added an additional 3GB. If you’re satisfied then leave it be. If the initial 3GB was meant to be shared between both devices it would have appeared under the main line.
My plan changes were done online but the 3GB Loyalty was added by OOTP because of an issue. I was just curious though, because for the last few months both lines showed loyalty 3GB but I only got a 3GB increase in total data allowance, as promised which was perfect. Somehow, now I got lucky when I changed my plan online a 2 weeks ago. Somehow my data has increased by 6GB (3GB per line).

I'm lucky, it's all good anyway.
Dec 7, 2018
3 posts
100Pacer wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 8:12 am
An automatic email is generated which indicates changes made during a call or chat. Having said that you should most definitely receive supporting documentation if you request it. There’s a very clear breakdown of term, pricing, features, etc. The thing is you want them to botch the request as it affords you an opportunity to escalate and be rewarded with generous goodwill credits. In your case don’t settle for anything less than minimum 3 months service credits and take it all the way to the Ombudsman if you have to. Send me a PM when you start the process and I’ll guide you through it.

Thank you! Ill be calling the managers first tomorrow as I saw I should go there first.
Dec 7, 2018
3 posts
peterg2 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:32 pm
I am in Montreal and in June 2017 signed my last contract, adding 3 lines (2 of them phone and the other data) for a total of $145 plus taxes. This is on a Premium + share everything plan with 14 GB . The additional 3 lines were obtained on a promotion with the phone lines costing $20 per month and the data line $5 a month. I also received a Samsung s8+ then for essentially nothing. I ended up paying just $70 out of my remaining flex tab and the cost of the phone. I was happy with this. Now, because I need more data (my sister is in Kingston and has no computer but does have a phone and a tablet) and the economics of her adding an internet connection with a router are going to be over $60 with Cogeco I am looking at renewing now, instead of in 6 months.

Rogers in Quebec are offering the same 14 GB plan with 24 GB now. Since I think I might as well get a new phone (Samsung Note 9) I am thinking of changing my plan to Ultra. Yes, I know that this is, for me, a marginal upgrade in a phone but it is "free" with signing a new contract. Ideally I would have liked to wait until April or so to get the S10+ but I don't know what the position will be then with extra data and since my sister likes watching Netflix and Youtube, having a 24 GB plan for her to share (I need just 1 GB myself, occasionally 2 GB when I travel) will take the stress off her and me. The cost for the 24GB plan under the Ultra Plan is $130.

Now, I have seen people here getting a 25% discount but generally I think they are outside of Quebec or Saskatchewan. My attempts with Customer Relations have been very frustrating. The three people I have spoken to appeared (apart from the third one) to be complete newbies at the job and came off as woefully inexperienced. The first rep seemed incapable of following simple browsing instructions like "Go to Rogers.com then Shop-Wireless-Plans-Wireless Plans and make sure that your province is Quebec. Then choose Ultra". The rep said she could just see 20 GBs but clearly she was looking at the wrong province. I very politely ended the conversation. The second rep was another clear neophyte and did not seem to know anything and had to go consult a few times for minutes at a time. Seemingly a trainee. Awful experience. The third individual was somewhat better and essentially just offered a $250 credit on my bill.

Overall, disenchanted, as in years previously the reps I had spoken to seemed to know their job and knew what credits they could and could not give.

I am going to try again and perhaps I will get a more experienced representative. What realistically can I expect? 11 year Rogers sub with a perfect, never late, payment record. Thanks in advance.
Honestly not much. UNLESS you say you are going somewhere else. I was very polite as I've been with Rogers over 15 years. They dont care until you politely ask to be connected to someone who will turn your service off. Then they seem to want to help..They ask how your day is going blah blah blah and you have a mild chat and then they transfer you to someone who for the most times want you to retain the service with them.
Dec 25, 2012
53 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Got 78/10GB(105-25%) with $0 iPhone X 64G for 24 Months. Is that a decent offer?

Thanks
Last edited by nhr594 on Dec 25th, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 2, 2009
40 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
DonovanW525 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:37 pm
Honestly not much. UNLESS you say you are going somewhere else. I was very polite as I've been with Rogers over 15 years. They dont care until you politely ask to be connected to someone who will turn your service off. Then they seem to want to help..They ask how your day is going blah blah blah and you have a mild chat and then they transfer you to someone who for the most times want you to retain the service with them.
Thanks for the reply. This is the first year since using retentions/customer relations where I had such problems. There used to be a prompt for cancelling service but now that is not the case. You first call regular customer service and then request to be transfered to customer relations/retentions. *However*, I do have some doubts whether this happens in all cases. I strongly suspect that in some cases they merely transfer you to a colleague in their department who pretends to be with retentions but is not. My last interaction yesterday was very much like that with the rep merely parroting what the previous rep had said. In both cases, they pushed the lie that for Quebec, on an ultra plan, for 24 GBs the price was $175 and not $130. I had to explain the rudiments of elementary browsing to both. Appalling.
Jun 1, 2006
708 posts
35 upvotes
I just logged into my account and I see $59/9GB, $69/12G and $75/18GB. All No tab plans. Has anyone tried to changed plans online?