Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Dec 17, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Hey everyone,

Called retention today and got the following offer.

Premium Plan: Upgrade to Iphone XR 64G.
8GB Unlimited Everything.
$300 Credit to the account.
$529 for the phone upgrade - $300 credit after = $229 for Iphone XR 64G.
Monthly Payment: $85.

Or

Premium Plus: Upgrade to Iphone XR 64G.
$329 for the phone - $300 credit = $29 for the Iphone XR 64G.
Monthly Payment: $95.

I don't think that's a good deal but please let me know your thoughts?
Thanks!
Mar 7, 2017
198 posts
52 upvotes
Chaixxo wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 10:34 pm
Hey everyone,

Called retention today and got the following offer.

Premium Plan: Upgrade to Iphone XR 64G.
$529 for the phone upgrade - $300 credit after = $229 for Iphone XR 64G.
Monthly Payment: $85.

Or

Premium Plus: Upgrade to Iphone XR 64G.
$329 for the phone - $300 credit = $29 for the Iphone XR 64G.
Monthly Payment: $95.

I don't think that's a good deal but please let me know your thoughts?
Thanks!
Trash like the Lakers season so far....
May 24, 2008
171 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
$85 + tax per month with 13 GIG
$100 for Note 9 up front
24 months contract

is this an ok offer?

Currently on the $65 + tax per month 10+3 gig plan BYOD
Jul 21, 2009
761 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
macrossr wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:30 pm
$85 + tax per month with 13 GIG
$100 for Note 9 up front
24 months contract

is this an ok offer?

Currently on the $65 + tax per month 10+3 gig plan BYOD
It's not bad if you need the data and want the phone. Rogers has been up selling data a lot so try not to fall for accepting these large data contracts if you don't use it, even if it seems like good value.

You will be basically paying 580+ tax for the note 9 to be paid over 2 years if you sign up. Keep in mind the Galaxy s10 is right around the corner to be unveiled in 2 weeks.
Jan 19, 2017
291 posts
83 upvotes
does retentions have a separate number? all numbers that i call keep telling me to call back Rogers' main number!
May 24, 2008
171 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
in the end got the Mate 20 Pro at $0 and $85 per month for 10 GIG (I needed the data, couldn't get the 3 extra gig loyaty bonus), I guess not the best out there but not too bad either.
Dec 1, 2013
415 posts
165 upvotes
I don't mind paying $65/mth if this price stays for a while. I knew $60 with Rogers wouldn't last forever.. oh well. At least now I have the freedom to switch carriers.
Feb 1, 2019
20 posts
3 upvotes
Does trying to get a good deal through live chat ever work or is it best to phone in?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1016 posts
285 upvotes
Scarborough
Did anyone else who is on the 10GB/$60 Plan get there price bumped up to $65 before taxes?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1375 posts
120 upvotes
Bleachway wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 6:11 pm
Did anyone else who is on the 10GB/$60 Plan get there price bumped up to $65 before taxes?
yup i see it in my account $65 start March bill but i'm ok with that because i have 25% discount so up $3.75 with 13 gb
Mar 16, 2006
208 posts
275 upvotes
Vancouver
DownfallenX wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 6:08 pm
they hate me. My offers get continually worse,

I am out of contract with the the $85 10 GB premium tab( 3GB bonus).

They let me switch to no tab/no contact for $70 a month.

At least I save money until I negotiate with retentions or go to Koodo. Hope my S7 lasts.
Update: Yesterday I got a texted "just for you" offer. Free S9 and the $85 10 GB plan. I took the offer. They made me phone the loyalty line.

I was out of contract for less than a month. I wish we didn't have to fight them for everything,
Dec 12, 2018
47 posts
26 upvotes
Hey fellas. Long time reader of this thread, first time posting.

With regards to Telus customers calling in and receiving $70/15gb, has anyone tried contacting Rogers to see if they're making any deals in response to their price increase?
I'm on the (now) $65/10gb and I'm perfectly fine with the price and data, but could jive with some US calling and texting (like a Canada-US plan, as I live close to the border and I'm constantly catching roaming signal anyway). Pondering calling in and seeing if I can swing that into my plan somehow. Any suggestions?
Jul 20, 2018
30 posts
8 upvotes
So if you’re on a border, call and complain repeatedly about not having service and it constantly switching you AT&T. I’ve had the issue for years and it didn’t improve.

Have the $70/10GB plan and they added a $10 “Canada+US” add on through the back office. Comes to $80, 25% off so $60 for 13GB of Canada+US data.
Images
  • 062A2989-5EFD-4C34-ACE4-03FC82F208CA.png
  • F61C1E87-2456-4D21-95C4-276CB643AC03.png
Dec 12, 2018
47 posts
26 upvotes
Interesting. Was that done through Retentions or the Management Office?
I've called in to no extent regarding this, but never had any serious luck aside from the charges obviously being dropped. I guess the key is to just call in and demand a Canada+US plan and for the charges to be waived?

Edit: Forgot to ask - Is that add-on effectively a "Roam like Home" type of thing? Full access to calling, messaging, and data while in the States? Ability to call/text US numbers without additional charges?
Jul 20, 2018
30 posts
8 upvotes
robbdance wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 5:06 pm
Interesting. Was that done through Retentions or the Management Office?
I've called in to no extent regarding this, but never had any serious luck aside from the charges obviously being dropped. I guess the key is to just call in and demand a Canada+US plan and for the charges to be waived?

Edit: Forgot to ask - Is that add-on effectively a "Roam like Home" type of thing? Full access to calling, messaging, and data while in the States? Ability to call/text US numbers without additional charges?
So the whole story. Originally I had complained back in October and at the time they had a "10$ US Roaming and Long Distance" add-on which effectively just waived roam like home charges at the end of the month. I had that add-on, and all was good for a couple months. Increasingly though the add-on was not waiving the RLH fees, and they were billed normally.

I called to complain a few times and was just told to call back each month. I finally got sick of calling monthly in December and talked to the management office directly. Told them they needed to find a solution or I'm leaving at the end of the billing cycle. Management escalated to the back end team who replaced my old add-on with this. It acts the exact same way as the regular Canada+US plans giving me full access in both countries.

I'm not sure that this add-on will ever be available to anyone else to be honest, but just be persistent with them. I have no plans to leave Rogers due to the discounted plan I have (~145+tax everywhere else) but they've been terrible in my border city (Sault Ste Marie, ON).

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

TuxedoBlack