Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Dec 12, 2018
47 posts
26 upvotes
I'll take that bit of information for what it's worth, anyway. I'm down in the Niagara area, so I'm totally surrounded by US service that I'm constantly picking up to the point that I generally have to select my provider if I don't want to grab a US signal. I've called in and complained ad nauseum in the past, and was eventually told that my bill would be checked over every month to make sure roaming charges weren't added (which is a bluff, but whatever). Just gives me a bit of firing power when I call in to complain about the price increase on my plan. I'll keep you guys posted as to how I make out. Hopefully there's good results.
Dec 17, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Hey,

So I called back and got a different offer:

6 GB Data
Unlimited Every Across Canada.
iPhone XS 64 G for $659. With $300 credit to the account, so will end up paying $359 for the new phone.
Monthly Payment of $69 before taxes.

I took it because I think it's a decent deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1375 posts
120 upvotes
My account have 1 voice Share Everything line with 2 tablet data with 21 gb in it and also have 1Individual Wireless line $60 with 10 gb with 25% discount This morning i made a call talked about Individual Wireless line that 25% discount was not applied on my Feb bill so the CSR reapplied the 25% on my account which was no problem. so now i just log-in my account i see the 2 tablet line is remove from Share Everything to 2 Individual Wireless tablet lines and both line get it own 10 gb. Now i don't know should i call back ask them to move back to under the Share Everything or should i leave as it Individual Wireless line. anyone know what should i do?
May 27, 2008
23 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I’m so infuriated with Rogers. I originally had the $65/10gb plan + bonus 3gb but called Friday to renegotiate as I was just averaging only 4–6gb monthly usage.

I was offered $45 - 5 gb plan, unlimited talk and text and bonus 1.5gb data. I was happy with the offer and took it. Only to find out tonight via email that I’m being charged an additional $20 for the 1.5gb data top up. I call retentions and am informed that the 1.5gb was applied as an additional top up to my plan. The best they can offer is crediting me $20 (for the charge) but state they state they cannot honour the 1.5gb data, and only the $45 -5gb plan.

Do I keep calling retentions or should I just escalate this to management office? Any advice would be great.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12118 posts
1804 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
frugal_fashionista wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 12:16 am
I’m so infuriated with Rogers. I originally had the $65/10gb plan + bonus 3gb but called Friday to renegotiate as I was just averaging only 4–6gb monthly usage.

I was offered $45 - 5 gb plan, unlimited talk and text and bonus 1.5gb data. I was happy with the offer and took it. Only to find out tonight via email that I’m being charged an additional $20 for the 1.5gb data top up. I call retentions and am informed that the 1.5gb was applied as an additional top up to my plan. The best they can offer is crediting me $20 (for the charge) but state they state they cannot honour the 1.5gb data, and only the $45 -5gb plan.

Do I keep calling retentions or should I just escalate this to management office? Any advice would be great.
Mgt Office asap. Retentions/loyalty/customer relations are useless and incompetent these days. They didnt used to be like that. MO is aware of that. See if MO has other plans that fit ur needs around the same price. The worst that can happen is they will give you the $20 every mos for remaining of the term.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
May 27, 2008
23 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you! Called Management Office and the best they could offer was an additional 3gb data (valid for 1 year). Took this offer for now and will renegotiate again next year when this offer expires or if something better along comes around.
Mar 30, 2010
285 posts
124 upvotes
Calgary
I have browsed this thread and am looking for advice.
I currently have a great shared data plan. We have 5 lines, including 4 with phones, and pay $240/month for 12 GB and Canada-wide calling.
However, a) rate will go up $40 in April, + another $15 in August, and b) I want to add a 6th line in July

So, based on a) & b) above, I am going to end up paying $350/month at a minimum (assuming 6th line is smart tab).

Can I ask how you'd handle this to get a better rate ?? When would you do it?
Oct 14, 2018
74 posts
40 upvotes
Damn, you currently pay an average of $48/line? I would call the management office right away to see what sort of deal they can put you on. Are you near the end of your contract?
gingersb wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 3:06 pm
I have browsed this thread and am looking for advice.
I currently have a great shared data plan. We have 5 lines, including 4 with phones, and pay $240/month for 12 GB and Canada-wide calling.
However, a) rate will go up $40 in April, + another $15 in August, and b) I want to add a 6th line in July

So, based on a) & b) above, I am going to end up paying $350/month at a minimum (assuming 6th line is smart tab).

Can I ask how you'd handle this to get a better rate ?? When would you do it?
Mar 30, 2010
285 posts
124 upvotes
Calgary
bustingdeals wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 3:56 pm
Damn, you currently pay an average of $48/line? I would call the management office right away to see what sort of deal they can put you on. Are you near the end of your contract?
Yep.
Primary Line with 12 Gb shared data: $91 smart tab (18 months left on contract)
Line 2: $60 premium tab (18 months left on contract)
Line 3: $35 smart tab (contract expires and rate goes up to $50 in April)
Line 4: $15 smart tab (contract expires and rate goes up to $50 in April)
Line 5: $35 no tab (rate expires and rate goes to $50 in August)

I was thinking I would call in April or May after the special rate on Lines 3&4 expire as I’ll want to add a 6th line at that time and may have a little more leverage???
Oct 14, 2018
74 posts
40 upvotes
No, I believe you haha.
I would still call now. April is close enough now, that any device balance left owing. Retention MAY waive and put you on a new plan or deal.
Let us know how it goes! I work for Telus/Koodo, but always happy to hear when others get a good deal elsewhere =p.
gingersb wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 4:44 pm
Yep.
Primary Line with 12 Gb shared data: $91 smart tab (18 months left on contract)
Line 2: $60 premium tab (18 months left on contract)
Line 3: $35 smart tab (contract expires and rate goes up to $50 in April)
Line 4: $15 smart tab (contract expires and rate goes up to $50 in April)
Line 5: $35 no tab (rate expires and rate goes to $50 in August)

I was thinking I would call in April or May after the special rate on Lines 3&4 expire as I’ll want to add a 6th line at that time and may have a little more leverage???
Mar 30, 2010
285 posts
124 upvotes
Calgary
bustingdeals wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 4:59 pm
No, I believe you haha.
I would still call now. April is close enough now, that any device balance left owing. Retention MAY waive and put you on a new plan or deal.
Let us know how it goes! I work for Telus/Koodo, but always happy to hear when others get a good deal elsewhere =p.
Thanks! I wasn’t sure as I still have two lines that have 18 months left on them so the phone payout is substantial ($700) if we were to leave Rogers. I assume they would use that against me....
Oct 14, 2018
74 posts
40 upvotes
The worst they can say is no and you can try again down the line. But if you don't call, you'll be left wondering.....
Since you have two lines expiring, that is still leverage.

When you call, don't bother spending time with the first CSR. "tell them you want to cancel immediately and be passed on to retentions " Retentions have more authority and power than regular CSRs. Although, from what I hear. They aren't what they used to be. Don't take the first offer they give you, be polite, persistent and push for a little more. If you aren't satisfied and you think the conversation is going nowhere. Ask to get the conversation fully documented and MAKE SURE to ask for an "interaction number" from whoever you are talking to, that way, it holds them accountable to what they offered and said. You don't want it to become HE SAID, SHE SAID.

Worse comes to worst, take it up with the office of the president.
gingersb wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 5:24 pm
Thanks! I wasn’t sure as I still have two lines that have 18 months left on them so the payout is substantial.
Dec 21, 2016
21 posts
13 upvotes
Ajax
Ok so like others (I assume) I got offered an S9 @$0 with 10GB for $85/mth. I’m currently on the 60/10 plan but my Note 5 is pretty much on its way out same with the wife’s.

I got offered:

Note 9 $99
Connection fee waived
10GB
$85/mth

Is that worth the upgrade from the (now) $65/10 plan?

Would anyone consider this a plan to jump on? I can hold out for a few more months on our phones but after that, it’ll be the end of my note 5 for sure. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

DaleC
May 24, 2008
170 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
i jumped from the $65/10+3GIG to $85/10GIG and got the Mate 20 Pro at $0 and waived connection free
Jun 11, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
macrossr wrote: i jumped from the $65/10+3GIG to $85/10GIG and got the Mate 20 Pro at $0 and waived connection free
Just wondering, what number did you call?